I've read every thread about flying pretty and it's been on my list for awhile. I had a late night short flight to BWI so I thought what better time. I was most nervous about TSA but I think I prepared well. I am pre-check so I wasn't too worried about being randomly selected for the body scan but I left nothing to chance. I had all my jewelry in my purse and even removed my shoes since they have a zipper. All the officers were awesome and treated me as well as any woman. Breezed through...whew!

What I thought would be relatively easy, the walk to my gate, was actually when I almost blew it. I started getting really nervous and then sweating. I guess because I was now committed without any backup plan. I went into a family bathroom and composed myself. After a few minutes I was OK. I took my seat at the gate and it finally hit me...I'm doing this! At this point I was feeling such a rush of excitement!

When they called us to board, I took my place in line then boarded the plane taking my usual window seat. A young woman took a seat next me and we exchanged hellos but that was all.

The shuttle to the rental car facility was nice as the driver was very nice and took care of all my bags. Got my rental and drove to my hotel and checked in.

It was such a great experience and for all intents, really a non event. I don't know that I will ever enjoy travel again unless I can dress. Thanks to all those that have paved the way for me.