Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joined the flying pretty club

Joined the flying pretty club

I've read every thread about flying pretty and it's been on my list for awhile. I had a late night short flight to BWI so I thought what better time. I was most nervous about TSA but I think I prepared well. I am pre-check so I wasn't too worried about being randomly selected for the body scan but I left nothing to chance. I had all my jewelry in my purse and even removed my shoes since they have a zipper. All the officers were awesome and treated me as well as any woman. Breezed through...whew!

What I thought would be relatively easy, the walk to my gate, was actually when I almost blew it. I started getting really nervous and then sweating. I guess because I was now committed without any backup plan. I went into a family bathroom and composed myself. After a few minutes I was OK. I took my seat at the gate and it finally hit me...I'm doing this! At this point I was feeling such a rush of excitement!

When they called us to board, I took my place in line then boarded the plane taking my usual window seat. A young woman took a seat next me and we exchanged hellos but that was all.

The shuttle to the rental car facility was nice as the driver was very nice and took care of all my bags. Got my rental and drove to my hotel and checked in.

It was such a great experience and for all intents, really a non event. I don't know that I will ever enjoy travel again unless I can dress. Thanks to all those that have paved the way for me.

Girl, you are gorgeous, not to mention, very, very passable. You had no reason to be nervous, you pass better than a lot of GGs!

Way to go Kara! I should have joined this club two years ago, but I had way too much luggage, car rental shuttle bus and a strange airport fighting me. This February I will join the ranks of pretty fliers. I have the tickets in hand and I leave from the airport I know best. I’m ready and glad you had a great experience!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Great story. I fly often, including this past weekend. Never had a problem. The usual pat down after the scanner, but the TSA agents are always nice and respectful. They are trained in transgender issues and never mis-gender me. Now you can do anything!

B.R.
    Last edited by Brianna Robyn; 10-26-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you!

Wow! So happy for you! I would love to do that. I commute by train into the city and have always wanted to make the trip while dressed. It seems like such a thrill to travel dressed!

Wonderful! It's great reading of such a happy experience.
    Like a lady

Platinum Member
    Hi Kara, You just have that natural feminine look about yourself.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Perhaps you can now see that "it isn't a big deal,unless you make it one"....

You are looking good enough to join the pretty girls flying club. Good going.
    Part Time Girl

Congratulations Kara! Sounds like you had a great first solo flight! Welcome to The Flying Pretty Club!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patti1569 View Post
    ...I commute by train into the city and have always wanted to make the trip while dressed. It seems like such a thrill to travel dressed!
    My very first travel experience while dressed was a trip on the same commuter train that I took regularly into the city. In my case, the city was Boston and the date was January 12, 1981. I still remember the trip and the emotions as if it was just yesterday.

Kara, great picture. Good for you, I figure once you get through TSA, everything else is easy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hooray for you Kara - Congrats! I'm hoping that someday I will be able to join your club.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 10-27-2017 at 08:20 AM.

First off, you look great! I'm glad things went well for you and that you were treated with respect! I read so many stories that have gone bad and a few where ladies have been accosted.

Kara now that the first one is over and you are breathing a sigh of relief, will you be flying Pretty from now on. By the way you do look very nice.

Congratulations! A major milestone indeed. I always recommend pre-check for trans folks. Flying is always a stressful experience, taking a little bit of stress off helps. (I don't recommend it to cisgender folks -- not because it isn't a great thing, but because I want to keep the lines short. )
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Nice Congrats !!!!!!

So brave! And exhilerating! My heart was racing just reading about it. Brava!

You go girl.
    Angie

So cool girl. Congrats. Someday I will join the club.

Congratulations, I have always wanted to be able to fly as Amanda.
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    My very first travel experience while dressed was a trip on the same commuter train that I took regularly into the city. In my case, the city was Boston and the date was January 12, 1981. I still remember the trip and the emotions as if it was just yesterday.
    I took an evening train once. Far less stressful than a plane trip would have been. Only contact was with the conductor, but it was a great feeling of independence and being in the middle of life and the world en femme.
    I love myself in curves!

This is a great club to be a part of. I find that flying any other way is a frustration and disappointment. 14 flights and counting this year so far. Just deciding if my next flight, international into JFK should be dressed - any advice?

Great story Kara, thanks for sharing! You see, now you're the one inspiring others to get out there and do it!