Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you walking like a girl or mostly en femme ?

Are you walking like a girl or mostly en femme ?

For me I have started practising for a long time, watching the steps, stride and arms movement.

When I first started, I was spotted by a bunch of high school ids on lunch break and they yelled at me " see that queer"
    I learned a lot from then and have perfected my walk even when not dressed, never had anyone giving me any comments on the way. I truly admired women walking and they are a pleasure to admire.

I can't tell if I walk like a girl or not, but I try my best. I definitely learned how to walk in heels over the years. Never got any remarks by people due to my walking skills, but since I don't pass by appearance either, everyone can tell that I'm a male anyway.

Heels dictate you walk a certain way, but really if you watch women in flats or sneakers, by and large their stride is pretty standard.

When I am in heels I give it my best attempt. I have been wearing heels for many years now so I have had lots of practice and I think am doing ok.

Rayleen,

Sorry to hear about your encounter with the rude HS kids. I'd love for someone to yell that my way.
    As for walking, I may be subconsciously shaping my stride and walk. Over the last year or more (since coming out and finding my femme self with renewed vigor), she stated that my physical mannerisms and way I carry myself have changed; almost to the point where she "didn't know me".
    I catch myself mincing about the house or when we're out shopping. I don't try to hide or disguise my own "queer-ness", and in fact revel in it without trying to enhance or over-do the personal affect.
    Like Micki said, heels dictate how you walk to some extent. I'm proud of the stride and walk I have in heels. I'm comfortable, graceful and move well (IMO). Walk in smaller steps. Keep your feet aligned towards a centerline when walking in heels. I try not to shake or wiggle my ass in any phony way. It seems to work for me, and I've had women complement me on how I walk in my heels.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

When dressed, which is most of the time. Thanks to YouTube, my wife, observations and practice, I’ve learned how to walk with a feminine touch....smaller steps, elbows facing forward, arm swing, shoulders back, etc. I mostly wear flats or low heels, which, as mentioned, most women wear, so my walk is very much the same. Too much hip movement and larger strides do bring attention. Yes, they are a pleasure to watch, especially in high heels, which is rare around here 😕. With hose, even better.

Most shoes I wear encourage me to use shorter and steadier steps.

I agree heels do dictate the way you walk.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just turn to them give a smile and a finger wave and say thanks guys!!

Platinum Member
    I have to be careful how I walk after being dressed for a while.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've read so many threads like this. "Walk the way women do".
    Then, there's the other threads that say women come in all shapes and sizes. How could they all walk alike? Fact is, if u look, you'll see they don't!

What I think folks r mostly referring to is walking like a female model:

Put on heels, (meaning 4" or higher).
    Put one foot in front of the other.
    Learn to NOT slam your heel down first.
    Learn to take even, graceful steps.

Oua la! You're walking like a model!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yep, sure do. Have even been called out for it as well. Walking into work this girl commented that I walked as though I was in heels. I ask how could she tell. Simple, once you wear them it just stays with you. I took it as a compliment. yay!

Silver Member
    I didn't realize that I walked like a girl until I was in drill team and the guys behind me started teasing me about it. They said I had a swing better than most girls in school. I dropped out for several reasons.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Those that are new to dressing worry about passing,talking and walking like a female while all the time women walk and talk all different ways.
    And some don't pass all that well either so why try so hard?
    As long as you have the look down closely people will think female at a distance and pay no attention to you.
    Up close they can tell you aren't female so your voice and your walk don't really matter do they?

Banned Read only
    Raleen ,
    The point is don't overdo it. I often watch other women when walking the dog , they are as varied as guys, some take strides as large as mine and sometimes I struggle to keep up with them. I find the arm movement is more pronounced in women, watch two women talk and notice how they use their arms . If you turn your hands flat they will move like women across the body , the hips movement tends to fall in with that and the legs move more in tune . Heels don't give me a problem , most women are surprised I can walk as well if not better in them than they can . Obviously this all depends on your body size , if you want to copy a slim woman walking nicely down the street in heels and you are not the same shape and carrying far more weight it's never going to happen , you'll just make a fool of yourself .

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I've been making it a point to watch how women walk a lot lately. Shoes and pants have a big impact in my opinion. Tight jeans around the rear will definitely give the impression that its swinging.

I think I do something with my hands when I'm trying to emulate a female walk that is probably not real, but I do it anyway. I will bend my wrists outward and keep my hands bent at the elbows.

watching young women is a fascinating , how they have a smooth flow of body and arms that we don't have older folks.

Its obvious everyone has his own way. and the arms and the feet movement dictates you movement.

Its very satisfying to practice and it puts in in a happy frame of mind, for myself.

Very interesting to read all your comments.

My conclusion at this point is to reduce anything manly about my walk rather than trying to emulate a women's walk. I came up with this notion after making videos of myself walking en fem while wearing heels. Keeping elbows and arms close to the body is most important and the hardest to do in my case.

A slight sway of the hips might work if not overdone. Make videos of yourself walking to see what works and what doesn't.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Which woman? The fact is, most men really can't comfortably walk like most women. It is all in the pelvis. Most women have a wider pelvis than most men. That shoves the legs out a bit further to the side in women than in men. Biomechanically that creates a different motion. Men can simulate that by using their leg and hip muscles differently than the design calls for and women can do that as well. There are women who walk like men even with a wider pelvis. And men who are very good at walking like a woman with a very wide pelvis. Walking comfortably is important because if you are straining to walk a particular way and you do that a lot you may end up being very sorry when hip and leg problems crop up later in life. In short, my recommendation is to keep the variation mild or you may be sorry years from now.

Banned Read only
    I love woman/girl watching when they are wearing heels and hosiery with a dress. There is a lot of variation I see which seems to depend on the anatomy of the woman which includes weight. I've seen young teens who must have been new to walking with heels. They can be as comical as a guy walking in the annual "Walk in her shoes" fund raisers. I'd say practice is essential. I've watched many Youtube cross dressing videos of CDers strolling. Many seam to be given away by the lack of fluidity in the walk...totally stiff, no arm swing, etc. Even walking behind two GG's of similar size and height there is a lot of variation which probably is due to differences in the pelvic cradle/structure. I zipped over to an article on the Internet which explains women have four different shapes to the pelvic cradle. I only have to assume if the shape of the pelvic cradle helps determine the birthing process, it has to have some bearing on how different women walk.

Before I ever went out dressed I paid attention to what I read and practiced at home. Then, when I started going out in public, it was more natural to use a 'feminine' walk when wearing heels. Then, when out, started paying attention to how other women were actually walking. In reality, not much different from men when out and about shopping. I came to realize that the walking is more of a model or maybe when at a fancy party thing, as mentioned in an earlier post. So I don't worry about it so much... but when in heels walk carefully, shorter steps and probably more of the model walk. Just my thoughts.
    Samantha

When I was a kid on more than one occasion i was told I walk like a girl, but I never understood what they meant and nobody has ever said anything since my teenage years...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Reality Check
    Put on heels, (meaning 4" or higher).
    Put one foot in front of the other.
    Learn to NOT slam your heel down first.
    Learn to take even, graceful steps.

Oua la! You're walking like a model!
    It's not quite that simple. It take practice, lots of practice. You have to walk in those heels until it comes naturally. Probably a hundred hours or so, maybe more. I've seen GGs struggling to walk in 3" heels. And I've seen a woman run down an escalator in 3" heels.
    Krisi

I try, but it is somewhat humerous. But what the hey. I still try

Reality Check
    It's true that women walk many different ways and some have a pretty masculine walk, but since we are trying to create an illusion, having a female walk adds to that illusion. My point is, do it if you can. It helps.
    Krisi

I find that as soon as I dress a more feminine stance and walk are adopted.
    Don't make the mistake of trying to walk as if you are on the catwalk, it is just
    unnatural. Who cares anyway if you are happy when dressed that's ok.

Hugs
    Tracy