Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something about me

Something about me

I have so many friends here, and I have something I need to talk out. Nope, not coming out to my wife, or anything related to crossdressing.

I have Heart Surgery coming up on Thursday. It's not terribly risky, as heart surgery goes, but it is heart surgery.

The chance of death is 3 to 5 percent. It really makes getting caught by my wife, going out and about all dressed to the nines, flying pretty or shopping in the female section of the store pale in comparison. So, I'd like to encourage all of you to take the next step. You can never tell when you'll get hit by a bus, or need heart surgery. You don't want to die leaving too many things on the bucket list.

I think in a guy's world, the success criteria is, "Whoever has the most toys when he dies wins."

In our alternate reality, I think the the success criteria is more like. "Make sure you have a chance to experience the real you."

So, get out there and do it.

And for those who believe in a higher power, please pray for me.

My surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning. I'm convinced this is the right thing to do for me at the right time, so please keep your messages positive. Love you all.

For you medical types, I have a mitral valve prolapse with moderate to severe regurgitation. I am having a less invasive surgery using a Mitra Clip.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 10-30-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Very inspirational message. Wishing you the greatest success in surgery and a return to well-being.

Steffi, you're going to do just great and come out of surgery better than ever. With the positive thoughts and prayers of all of us with you. And thank you for the great advice about never knowing how much time you have, "So get out there and do it."
    Best wishes for a successful surgery, recovery, and many more years to "do it"
    Like a lady

Bless you, Steffi,
    You have been a great "friend" and member on this board. Love you and love what you have always offered.
    Of course, you're not going anywhere, especially away. You will get through this. A mitral valve replacement is a piece of cake.

I will be offering up prayers for your well-being, health and quick recovery. I am one who prays on her knees sincerely, and I can't recall when I've been disappointed in a prayer.
    Be well. Be Steffi.
    Let us know when you're OK and back on your feet [heels not required].
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Thank you for sharing your story and thoughts. Good luck with your procedure Steffi!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Pray it all goes well for you Steph.

Hope all goes well, Steffi, I'll say a few prayers.
    Samantha

You make a very good point Steffi, best of luck with your Op and know that many of us on here will be hoping all goes ok and that you are part of the 95%... look forward to hearing you are ok soon!!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Wishing you all the very best Steffi and a speedy recovery from your surgery.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Steffi, a few of us have been through heart surgery. I wish you the best, and if you need any advice, ask away. I hope you have family that are ready to help your recovery. Just be calm, try to be at peace religion wise or whatever you do, and be as ready as you can for the unexpected.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Steffi, you are in my prayers , I am sure that everything will be just fine
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

Wishing you a successful surgery, a quick and painless recovery and thanks for your message. I have totally accepted this side of me very easily and quickly because I had my prostrate removed before I ever started dressing in 2005. I didn't think about it at the time, but that same thought crossed my mind many times after I started dressing. Have the correct priorities and remember that tomorrow,if you get there, is the first day in the rest of your life!

You will be in my prayers this week

Banned Read only
    Steffi
    I hope it all goes well for you , I hope in the coming out process you've asked for a pink surgical gown !

I agree with you life may be shorter than you think , my father died at 53 through excessive smoking and drinking , I learned a big lesson , from that, those habits will only shorten your life in excess , CDing won't !

I guess I also learned to " Go for it " , being a self employed photographer the ideas and challenges were there , ignoring them didn't put money in the bank .

Your message is right on. I was always very healthy, never any serious problems until this April when they found my lung cancer. Right now every day is a gift.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You will be in our thoughts and our prayers.
    Barbara.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Steffi, I don't necessarily agree that according to "...a guy's world, the success criteria is, 'Whoever has the most toys when he dies wins.'"

Perhaps with *some* men, sure. But the same can also be said about some GG's, too. Really depends on a particular segment of the population.

Furthermore, I've seen that as a guy ages, while he may perhaps think the above is somewhat true when younger, something changes in him as he becomes older -- and wiser.

Anyway, I totally agree with you re: getting out there & doing it. If you want to/need to, then you just have to. No regrets.

And that not only goes for the whole dressing/gender thing, but also with anything & *everything* in life, really.

I'm sure we all wish you a speedy recovery.

Namaste!

Wish you all the best on your surgery. Good Luck and God Bless.

Steffi, I am praying that your surgery will go well and that you have a speedy recovery.

Steffi - I am saying a pray for you also. Marshalynn

Steffi, I hope all goes well on Thursday! I will be thinking of you!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Steffi
    I agree with a lot of what you say – it’s in my signature below. I had major heart surgery 10 years ago and it was one of the best things to happen to me as it improved my life no end. It also brought the bucket list into focus and I have never looked back.
    Will be thinking of you on Thursday.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Steffi, I wish you the best and pray that everything goes well. As far as living life, you can chase your dreams or live them. It's pretty much up to you. There is no guarantee life will go as planned. You just have to go for it and hope for the best.

Steffi,
    Throughout life we have to take a chance on things, I think a 5 percent chance of death to prolong your life is better than not taking that chance at all.

Good luck with the surgery and it sounds less risky than driving on the open road. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good luck! Valve replacement? How hard can it be? I think they sell home kits for that now.

Looking forward to hearing you're fine.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Thanks for all your thoughts. I'll post again after I get out of the hospital.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.