Thread: Wedding Dress Photoshoot

Silver Member

Wedding Dress Photoshoot

A couple weeks ago I attended a photoshoot for women’s wedding dresses. I happened to know some of the people involved and thought it would be interesting and fun to catch up. It had all the various dresses that women might wear at a wedding along with some formals and prom dresses.

Several pretty girls and women models. Most of the dresses were pretty and from what I was told excessively expensive. A couple had yards and yards of material. One thing for sure was that I wouldn’t fit into any of the dresses there. It was fun looking though.

So today I was going through several Facebook yard sales and found a very pretty formal/bridesmaid dress. I’ve posted about finding dresses there before. While I could buy it, I would never have a place to wear it. I don’t buy things to dress up. We don’t do the formal night things anymore and I wouldn’t wear it to a wedding for sure. Truth is I would stand out as MIAD for sure. There were several wedding and prom dresses also. The prom dresses were definitely not age appropriate for me.

If it's cheap just buy it who cares? Could b nice to just put it on once in a while and have a look in the mirror

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yeah, you are right. May as well let another person (possibly even a crossdresser that is not so hung up of being portrayed as a MIAD) deservedly enjoy the dresses that you are not comfortable in wearing!

Aspiring Member
    Yes, let them go to someone who'd get some wear out of them.

I have a number of age inappropriate dresses that I throw on now and then to see if they still fit.
    Yup! they still fit and I have fun, why can't you?
    I was the only male at a wedding dress tryon once and all the girls said I was missing out on the action by just standing around, so I was included in the afternoon dressup with the girls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    My wife and I are trying to get rid of things that we don't use or need. The good part is we have donated a lot of things to people who lost everything in the hurricanes. I gave away several dresses, blouses, etc. that would be office appropriate and I have no intention of wearing again. My daughters are both the types that change wardrobes every year by at least half. They have both been on us to do the same. While sometimes trying on seems like it would be fun. I can always go to a shop or store and try things on.

Hey Liz,
    Just a thought here..
    In Warren OH they have a GNO every 3rd Saturday of the month. Been happening for over 25 years now. Well they have a theme each month & I'm thinking that April is usually "Prom Night". So if you really want to go to a prom, there's an opportunity. I did it back in 2013 and had a blast. Spent the night in a nearby hotel.
    So here's a place to wear it and all ages were there so it's totally age appropriate.

Check with Marsha Clark a member of this forum, she's the host.
    https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...7-Marsha-Clark

As I said, it's just an idea,

Hugs, Connie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.