Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number of guy friends vs girl friends

Number of guy friends vs girl friends

Throughout my life I have noticed I have had and still have a lot of Girl friends and very little Guy friends
    I’m sure this has nothing to do with why we CD because personally I have always felt more feminine but I’m just wondering if others have noticed this in your lives as well
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

I seem to prefer talking to women than men

I have always had more female friends than male, and have always preferred the company of women, even if platonic.
    I know there is connection between that and my desire to emulate what I so admire.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Definitely more girl than guy friends. Given my innate sensitivity, I often get invited to many gg girls night outs. I have to state that my wife is fully aware and knows that all the women at work hug me and confide in me. It's what she appreciates in me and understands that it is a part of my personality. Having said that, I am all about camping, motocrossing and shooting with my guy friends as well. I actually enjoy both sides equally (friends and how I present).

Banned Read only
    Robyn
    It maybe because we are drawn towards activities involving more women. Although I have made more male friends through my social group, OK they are dressed as women , confusing isn't it !!

I've had many more guy friends than girl friends. But, I've often had numerous girl friends many of whom I was very close to. For many years an ex-girlfriend of mine was my best friend. She was one of my greatest friends in life. Sexual attraction has likely prevented me from having more. And it was generally (and with humility, I say) their attraction to me that prevented us from staying as friends. Because of that I lost out on friendships with a number of women I truly cared for and admired.

Aspiring Member
    If Facebook can be any kind of indicator here my friends, are split 60/40 percent female to male. When it comes to interactions on Facebook that is skewed even more towards the female side.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Robyn
    I wouldn’t say I have more female friends than male, but at social gatherings I have usually gravitated to a group of females more often than males. So often I find the macho talk amongst males a turn off.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I would say over my life it's about 60/40 towards male friends. That being said, it's STILL common to see me as the only non GG, in a group of them. Guys use to be jealous of me, if they only knew....

I have always gravitated more toward the women than the men. But rarely has it ever involved anything more than friendship since I got married 48 years ago. Some of my wife's best friends are also my best friends. But I have rarely ever had close friendships with men except in high school and college. At dinner parties I start talking to the men and get bored with sports, politics and jobs. I then go in the kitchen and help the women with food preps. Much, much happier there. After dinner I usually help with the cleanup while the men retire to elsewhere to do their own thing. When the women later join the men I join with them and the conversation turns from male topics to more mixed subjects and then I am comfortable with the men. Once in awhile a rather masculine man will give me the look. I am sure you know the look I am talking about. Sort of like, "What? Are you a girl or something?" Rarely any comments, but the thoughts are loud and clear.

Because of my outlook towards most subjects, I have had a more interesting interaction with women, consequently I have made more lasting friends among women.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just the opposite for me, more guy friends than girl friends. No doubt my involvement in hockey, motorcycling, and fishing contributed to the imbalance.

Karen

Being a veteran and sports, I have more guy friends, but at social gatherings, I’m comfortable and enjoy chatting with women and they seem to enjoy chatting with me. If they only knew what I was wearing...lol. Yes, I do notice what they’re wearing, makeup, etc. We don’t talk about girly things. I’ve noticed more women are wearing hose...I do..maybe there’s hope?

Definitely more girl friends. All through my life I have been the guy that girls don't necssarily want to date, but when something bad happens in their lives I'm the first one they come to to vent and confide. In some ways it sucks, others it's awesome. Frightening sometimes what they share with me about their personal lives. But they know I don't snitch.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Though I have some male acquaintances there are none I would classify as friends, on the other hand I have always found it much easier to be friends with women. Working for many years in retail with mostly female colleagues probably helped in this respect. I was officially 'one of the girls' at one place I worked and no subject was off limits when we talked.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 10-30-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Indeed, I am surrounded by estrogen. All of my trainers, hair trimmers are all female, every body I see are females. I would like to have a male friend. But noo they are all females. I guess that is the way it is.
    Part Time Girl

I am the opposite. Far more male friends due to my previous professions and my golf club. But, I do have many girl friends also

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Robyn
    It maybe because we are drawn towards activities involving more women. Although I have made more male friends through my social group, OK they are dressed as women , confusing isn't it !!
    That’s true, I personally never did like sports or macho male stuff but enjoyed the topics that girls and women would talk about and also just the atmosphere being around women is more comfortable and ‘right’, The last part is soooo funny , I don’t want to think about that part too much I don’t want to get a headache and be confused , but seriously I love this site and everyone here
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

Aspiring Member
    For me it would be more male friends. Most likely because of the leisure things I enjoy dong. Outdoor activities of which golf, fishing, and hunting are the major attractions. Of the female friends I have I would have to say I have a few who are very good friends. Enjoy visiting with them a lot. When in a social gathering I have no trouble visiting with women as I also like to cook and am frequently asked for tips. None of my friends, male or female know I enjoy dressing. In fact, I would bet most would be floored to know what I enjoy doing when alone.

Not necessarily more friends, but always preferred hanging out with the girls. Was never comfortable in groups of guys. The conversation always bored me!

Robyn, I'm with you on that one, more associated with girls friends

Easier to chat on than boys.

It's funny most of the women in my life in the past that were friends or what not would eventually annoy me. For most of them it seems like all they would care or talk about is themselves. I have very little patience for self absorbed people.

I am sure if I would ever come out of the closet I could have some fun friendships with girls but it could get complicated at times since I still fancy them.

You are not alone. I have always got along better with the women in the office than the men. I must be the feminine side that it is just easier to talk with the women.

My number of guy friends dwindled greatly back in the 90's when I went back to school, while holding down a full time job; there simply wasn't any free time for socializing. Over the next years, my friendships declined, some moved away, and as I cautiously brought up TG topics, discovered that many of my friends would have hated me if they ever found out that I crossdressed. Some even said outright that we should all be killed. That pretty much was the end to those 'friendships'. Since then, more than a few have died, and since I'm planning on moving, I haven't made it a point to make any new male friends.

OTOH, I work with almost all women, and get along with them fine. But either they're married, or as I'm not attracted to the rest, I sort of avoid any friendships because I've had too many of those 'friends' who want to be more than friends, and then when I tell them I'm not interested in them as more than being friends, they seem to get angry with me. So the vast majority of women in my life are more of an acquaintance, than friends. The few that WERE friends, got married and moved away. So, not much left. Hopefully that will change after I move.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There may be something in this. Close friends are mostly male but I feel more at home in female company than in groups of males.