Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doc says I'm 5' 7-1/4" and I'm excited about it

Doc says I'm 5' 7-1/4" and I'm excited about it

So I am at the doctors office today and they measure my height. I've always thought I'm somewhere around 5'8"-5'9", maybe a little little closer to the high side.

So today I learn I'm 5' 7-1/4" and my first thought...cool I'm shorter then I thought, so when in heels I'm not as tall as I've been thinking!!

Tina,

It is so wonderful. Had the same reaction a few months ago for my physical. 3 in heels very easy and the occasional 4in and still not over 6'

Lucky both of you. I am 6' bare footed, but I am 150lbs......so.......

Banned Read only
    Tinak,
    I've always been 5' 7" and very happy to be so , so I can get away with those 5" heels I've just bought , not so much the fuchsia pink colour !!

I used to be 5 foot ten inches. Now I am 5 feet 8 & 1/2. Shrinking with age. Not thrilled with it

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I used to be 5 foot ten inches. Now I am 5 feet 8 & 1/2. Shrinking with age. Not thrilled with it
    Yes, shrinking with age is a generally unpleasant effect of aging, but the advantage for taller crossdressers is that you're not quite as tall in heels as you once were.
    Like a lady

I've lost about 3/4" of height over the last five years or so. My height (originally 5'8") never bothered me in femme mode, so I'm not happy about it at all! It just means I'm getting old!

- Diane

Yes, we do get shorter as we age, my drivers license says 5'9'' but the last time I checked I was 5'7". That seems positive only to us but I think our feet might get bigger, so that's a negative.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I was 5’8 1/4” when the Air Force measured me in 1982. When I started transition last year I measured myself as carefully as I could (book on top of head, make mark on door jamb, measure), and I got 5’7 1/2”.

That made me a happy girl.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Well I'm 5'8'' and perfectly happy in four inch heels, though I wouldn't go any higher.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Are we not a funny bunch on here most of us want to be shorter... I am 5'11" for the first half of my life I wished I was 6 foot, then i found Becky and now I wish i was 5' 8 LOL
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Right at 6 ft, I could stand a little reduction I guess. God, just don’t let my feet get any bigger! (13)

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Yay that's great!

I agree. I'm 5'7", and for the first time in my life, I love being short!
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Reality Check
    Many of us will shrink as we age. I have. Also, you may measure a little shorter towards the end of the day as you've been putting pressure on your spine all day. Not enough to change your looks but enough to measure.
    Krisi

Ive lost 1 1/2 inches. Down to 5'9".
    I'm hoping to follow in the footsteps of my mother who has lost 3".
    Live and let dress.

6'6" in my bare feet.
    Jon

5 f 10 inch for me

Banned Read only
    Welcome to the age of spinal collapse. I use to be six foot two. Now I'm down to six foot even. Being five foot seven makes it easier to find dresses in the proper length. Articles on the Internet indicate the average height of women is five foot four. I wonder if the younger generation is taller. I think most misses dresses accommodate a height up to five foot seven. Being six foot I avoid dresses with a define waistline. I choose dresses that are empire waist, sheaths, wraps. Lucky girl you are!

I am 5'8" I blame spinal collapse to the potholes in the road. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm shrinking too. I claimed to be 5'8" when I was younger. Now it looks like I'm <5'6".
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yes, getting shorter, was 5'8" now 5' 7-3/4"

Thanks for the replies. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post. It wasn't meant to boast about my height.

What really caught my attention was my reaction to the information. My first thoughts were how this is a positive for my CDing, passing, etc. I really didn't think about how it effects my male side until I read some of the posts here.

Thanks
    Tina

I consider my shrinkage as being a matter of considerable gravity. Unfortunately, the shrinkage seems to have resulted in a bit of spreading out as well. Like a water balloon that spreads out a bit when you set it on the counter. That is just an example of course.

I just accept the shrinkage as a fact of life, but am trying to do something about the lateral expansion. Maybe that will help me to spring back up - less mass results in less spreading due to less gravitational effect on my body. Or maybe physics doesn't have anything to do with it. The spinal collapse theory seems more sensible. Hmmm.

I never grew taller than 5'6", which is a blessing for the CD'er in me. In my late 60's I'm guessing that I'm shorter than that now but haven't actually measured. Also thrilled that my shoe size is (male) 7.5, which gives me lots of choices in ladies shoes!!

Yay for being "small".
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.