Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hair removal question

Squash balls maybe.....They have different "hardness" and are not overly large.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 01-28-2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the entire preceding post. It i snot necessary
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

This is a bit scary as I just today signed on for 12 laser face treatments. I had my sixth upper body treatment, and decided it was time to come out to my laser service after ten months with them. They were great, and told me about another transgender woman they treat who is 73! They then sold me on the face treatment. I start next week.

Hi Rachael,

I feel, intuitively, this connects up to your hormone doubts. In my view, going through the serious pain of electrolysis, and the public experience of being unshaven in female clothing with patchy post-electroysis face, add up to a serious test as to whether one is really up for the transition. If you can do both these, most the rest feels quite plain sailing, and if you can't, perhaps not ready?

good luck, xx Pam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hi Rachael

I’m booked in for my first session of SHR laser hair removal next week. Going by the test patch they did on my chest it should be very effective and it didn’t really hurt at all. I’m hopeful that it will be the same for my beard area - the best way I can describe it is it’s warm like being tapped with a spoon you e just stirred a coffee with, so not unpleasant at all. As far as the cost goes I was very pleasantly surprised. The cost for a session on the face is £35 a time, and around 6 sessions required. My local centre does a pay by the session scheme so you have it done as and when you can afford it, and given that my local area is known for being expensive I think that this is really quite reasonable. To give a sense of fee scale, a single session on the chest or legs would be around £65.

I’ll report back after my first session, but in the meantime has anyone else had any experience of SHR hair removal? I know it’s relatively new, but I’m hopeful for this and I’m really quite excited about it.

I don’t know

Ok, so I had my first laser session today and in a nutshell, I’m very impressed. It was largely painless - a few moments it got a little warm or felt like a hair was being plucked with tweezers, but on the whole it was actually quite pleasant. I was told to arrive clean shaven, so I did. My appointment was at 10 this morning and it’s now approaching 11.30pm, and I’m not feeling as much regrowth as I normally would after 12 hours. I’m by no means still perfectly smooth but there really is a noticeable difference. My partner says (s)he can feel a difference already. The only ‘side effect’ I could mention is that my face has felt warm today. It’s nothing aloe vera gel hasn’t been able to handle, and it’s not the same kind of heat as with razor burn which is a lot worse than this.
    I’m allowing a couple of days recovery time so I’ll report back in a couple of days. Looking forward to my next 2 sessions!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    At a recent festival I entered a contest and won a free hour of Electrolysis. I just took them up on it and will be going back to get the area under and to the sides of my mouth cleaned off. There is some pain, but it's tolerable and I was astonished at how slow the process is. But I have no choice other than shave since my facial hair was blond before I went gray. Shaving that area close for a week always ends up drawing blood and since DLV is coming up in April, I may be able to get it done in time.

My only question is what is an appropriate tip for the tech doing the work? Is there a guideline or rule of thumb that others follow? I'd prefer to keep someone who has the power to hurt me, happy if at all possible.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

My electrolysis is done by the owner of the practice. To my knowledge, none of the people there expect tips. My wife, who has had fraxel, has noted a tip jar in the room where the follow up facials are done so that may be the only exception in that group.

Aspiring Member
    After last weeks session my face was irritated and i had an acne flare up that lasted a couple days. using a face wash with salicylic acid definitely helped. i can see a few bare patches now if i don’t shave for a day. progress!

In a perfect world you would complete the facial hair removal procedure prior to going full time/RLT. But, better late then never--because it really is Job #1! After all, that shadow is visible and the need to shave will never go away if you don't sacrifice and just put it behind you.
    Last edited by MarieTS; 02-04-2018 at 03:29 AM.
    Marie

Today I had my first laser face treatment. It was at times painful, but bearable, I could occasionally smell burning hair. It only lasted 25 minutes, and 7 hours later I have no side affects. I do not have a thick beard, many of my hairs are grey, so I guess I got off easy. I think I can live with the grey ones.

A few days have passed now and what I’ve noticed is that it’s feeling subtly softer and is a little sparser in parts. They say noticeable results are there after 3 sessions so I’m feeling encouraged that this is going to work well for me.

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    Once I "go for it" as it where I am hoping laser treatment will work well for me, my beard is dark and fairly coarse but it isn't really dense.

http://www.cosmedipl.co.uk/our-products/skinpulse-shr/

I found this, being recommended by a friend who is a lifelong expert in that industry. Has anyone tried it / found it really works on beard?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er