Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Tattoos

I have a totally cool and unique tattooing opportunity (yay more ink!) and it got me thinking about the topic as it relates to our hobby. So let’s discuss. If you have ink, what is your relationship like with it? Do you consider your ink masculine, feminine, or neutral? Do you have tattoos you’ll only show off in one mode or the other? Do you have any old ink you regret because it interferes with your dressing? Is there anything you’d like to have that reflects/enhances your fem side?

If anyone is interested in what this “opportunity” is, the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles is going to be hosting an exhibition on the history of tattooing. As part of the exhibition, they are bringing in famous local tattoo artists to give tattoos to people there in the museum during the exhibit. Each artist came up with a flash sheet of unique designs to choose from that they have agreed to be exclusive to this exhibition. If any of you are interested you can see all the participating artists and their flash sheets at the NHMLA website and you can sign up for an appointment there. Not sure how fast they’ll book up, and you will still have to pay the artist ($250 fee).

Here is my treasured tattoo. I got it this year with my 20 year old grand daughter (GD), and my husband-in-law's daughter (Ex wife's husband's daughter - HLD) on a very special sunny day in San Francisco's Haight Ashbury area famous for the 70's hippie movement. One wanted to re-pierce her nose and put in a new piece of jewelry, I decided in the moment to get this tatt on my wrist, and then my Grand daughter decided to get another piercing, something for everyone! It was also the day that I came out to my HLD to her surprise. I always go out dressed with my GD and misunderstood and thought that my HLD already knew. So, I unintentionally surprised her dressed in the moment with more than wonderful conversation and results. After we left her, she called her brother who then immediately called me while my GD and I were stuck in rush hour traffic on the Bay Bridge. He was so surprisingly supportive that I started to cry in the car.

The theme of the tatt can probably be considered male and female, but definitely on the softer male side if one thinks that way. To me however, it has special meanings. It represents how I feel today using elements of my nickname, my past and current life, and my family and friends throughout my life. My nickname was given to me by my neighbor when I was just a few years old. He said that I flitted from one thing to something else constantly just like a bee going from flower to flower. That nickname is still used by those who have known me the longest and means a lot to me because of that. Anyone new who knows me today, my closest friends locally, only know Allie and would say that little bee is definitely me and my short attention span personality. As I have journeyed down this trans road, smiling all the way, last year I finally made the decision that it was time to come out to all that knew me and mattered the most to me. That tattooed word has gained special significance in my new life. It truly speaks where I am today and hopefully sends out a meaningful message to those that see it and understand it. To be truly happy you must truly also "Bee ...... Free"!
    Attached Images Attached Images

i have quite a few tattoos and personally i like my ink, they are most black line work and look maybe abit brutal or hard but i'd still say they are neutral. i dont regret them and they dont interfere with my dressing.

Here are my three tattoos. You can decide the feminine level.

This one is on my right leg, outside thigh, below my hip. It is about 6" in length. Part of it shows when I am wearing shorts or a swimsuit. This is my first tattoo. The next two were done at a later date by the same artist, but at the same time.
    melissa_tattoo_01_260x500px.jpg

The next one is on my right, lower back. The butterfly is about 4" across. This one does not show unless I pull up my top. I do not wear crop tops or bikinis so it rarely gets public exposure.
    melissa_tattoo_02_370x500px.jpg

This one is on my left shoulder blade area. It is about 1.5" across. This one shows in the warmer months whenever I wear a top with straps.
    melissa_tattoo_03_423x500px.jpg

The basis concept is the butterfly starts in the vine (thigh), takes off (lower back) and flies off into the distance (shoulder). The pictures were taken immediately after the work was done hence the pink halo around them.

I have zero regrets about getting them and love them. I am full-time so these are not related to "our hobby", but a personal expression. I purposely chose the locations to be more private and only those closest to me are fully aware of all three.

Mine is more feminine than masculine and my next one is going to be the same but they can pass in male mode.

I really want a pink transgender symbol tattooed in the vee between my stomach and thigh area, just outside my pubic area. You know where your panties would cover it. I don't see me being able to get it anytime soon though.

All mine were made while in service. Mostly on my arms. They do not present well when dressed. They have been a disappointment while attending PTA meetings they aren't (in retrospect) my best choice now. But such is life... I never figured on having this desire to dress still remain when I got older, when I was young. If I had it to do over again I would not get my arms tattooed as they are.

Strikes me that more women have tattoos now than ever before. Just not the ones I have.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

All my tattoos are as feminine as possible and are placed so they show only when I'm appropriately dressed (i.e. never visible in male mode).

- Diane

One single neutral

I dislike tats--period--be they on male or female bodies. My daughter and her worthless boy friend have more ink than skin--totally disgusting in my opinion. Nothing at all feminine about tats.
    Jon

I am wanting one on my foot that is totally feminine. It's a very colorful butterfly.
    Jeri

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    I dislike tats--period--be they on male or female bodies. My daughter and her worthless boy friend have more ink than skin--totally disgusting in my opinion. Nothing at all feminine about tats.
    Jon
    And they probably have little tolerance for variations of gender expression. Hmmmm, wonder where they got that from???

Could the bee be any cuter? And I love the story the butterflies tells!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

my wife and I got henna tats of a rose on stem (about 6" long) on our outer calf (both on the left) while on our honeymoon. Took hers almost 6 months and mine closer to a year before they totally faded away. It was ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

Banned Read only
    Nope not a drop of ink in this body.

Aspiring Member
    Me neither. Clean body, clean mind, take your pick

Ineke

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Being tied to the music business you would think I had a tat somewhere but nope I am tat free.
    I think its gross on women and makes them look skanky.
    My youngest daughter got a tribal tat just above her butt while she was in college.
    I got on her a little over it and asked her how drunk was she when she decided to get it?
    She never answered.LOLOL
    She was over 21 so not much I could do about it.
    I rode motorcycles with guys covered in them but I never saw the point of getting one.
    If I had got the club colors tattooed on me that would have sucked when I left because they would have burned it off of me or cut it off and that would have left a nasty scar.

In my younger days I used to drink more than a little but amazingly, still tat free

I have an attraction to the idea of getting an Eye of Horus on my left arm up at the shoulder, but then I always think back to when I was in the Airborne and thought a "Death From Above" tattoo would be a good idea and I think how happy I am I never acted on that impulse. Still, life is long... who knows?
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    I use fake tattoos that last a week.

Would you or have you ??

Hi, have any of you ladies considered or may already have, a tattoo of you femme self ?

It's something that has crossed my mind and I'm having some temporary tats printed to see what I think.

Let me know your views

Hugs
    Abbey x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why would you have a tat of yourself?

Why not?

"Wow, that's a really sexy tattoo of a beautiful woman. What's her name?"

"Steve."

By the way, no ink and no piercings here - everything is factory original.
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 11-03-2017 at 02:28 PM.

😂😂😂😂. Good point

From what I have been told and seen, faces resembling a specific person are quite difficult to tattoo well. It takes a very talented tattoo artist to do a good job and you will need to see a lot of their work to know their skill level. There are some amazing tattoos of women that are works of art. Regardless of whether getting a tattoo resembling yourself is a good or bad idea, proceed with caution since you may not get exactly what you want. There are rarely "do overs" when it comes to tattoos.