Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compulsion

For me the "URGE" to dress has indeed waxed and waned over time. From around 5 or 6 until I was in my early teens it was pretty constant and an integral part of my sexual exploration. During my teen years it was always there but my sexual energy was more focussed on the opposite sex. In my late twenties it strengthened again but I have noticed that my interest level will fluctuate. I have tried to understand the cause of the fluctuations but could never pin down one root cause. Life stress, diet, alcohol intake, all seemed like good candidates but none provided a sound explanation. One thing I have noticed is that over my life the desire to be dressed has increased a lot. I dress a lot now and it is a pleasant and pleasurable part of my life. I feel much more at ease with myself being a fetishistic transvestite.

Definitely when there is a lot of stress. Nothing like a dress or an oversized sweater☺

The desire to dress waxes and wanes with me, but I can't discern any real pattern to it.
    The opportunity to dress, however, has been very much affected by relationships.

Banned Read only
    Compulsion would have been a good description when I had little to no time to dress in women's clothing. I have always called it "grabbing crumbs of time.' A few hours when I was alone. When the kids were at school and my wife was still a stay at home mom. It was nerve racking. When the kids were finally grown and out of the house and my wife was working for the entire school day ( 7.5 hours) I would take off a 'mental health day.' That was relaxing. As a retiree for the last almost ten years I have found I do not go nuts if I cannot dress. It may be because there is almost no stress. No employment worries. No financial worries. If I cannot dress when I want or need to I do have an outlet right on this forum. Also, I do peruse a lot of clothing opportunities. I am awaiting a Saturday delivery of some Vanity Fair nylon panties in new colors. Life is good.

This is a good question because I finally have everyone but my supportive wife moved out of the house as of last weekend. Since I work from home, I finally have the opportunity to dress as often as I like. In a year it will be interesting to see whether I am still dressing as often as I am now.

Since it is a core part of me, I don't expect it to slow down, but I will see what the year brings.

Anyway, it is happy times now that I have free reign!

Sami

The compulsion to dress has increased lately for me, I've finally got rid of the woman in my life that's been holding me back this last year, her presence in the house has been a serious blocker for me and I'm glad to see the back of her, I've been dressed every day this week and enjoyed every moment, realaxed and de-stressed, my need to dress has grown over this period, simply because I wasn't getting the time to myself, now I'm free and delighted, oh, I should mention here that the woman I'm referring to was my sons gf whose been living with us lol, not my wife who accepts my dressing and whom I love dearly.

I have no desires to be a woman, I simply love crossdressing.

The desire to dress has come and gone for me. As I get older, I’m in my 50’s it has definitely gotten stronger. What started as just a few items of clothing, progressed to being fully dressed, to wanting to appear female (clothes, heels, make-up, and wig). Lately it is my about my attitude and thoughts, if that makes sense. As if I see myself as Suzanne more than the male version. She seems to be the real me and wants to come out and explore the world, and dressing is less about the clothes (but it’s still about the clothes too). I don’t know if any of that makes sense?

Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne Blake; 11-10-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Suzanne, this makes perfect sense to me.

My urge to cross dress, comes and goes, it has always been like that, stressed or not, getting older, it just comes in waves, and I can't predict when. I have even thrown on a dress in the garage on my way to work, done a couple of quick twirls watched the dress flair out and then just stood there relaxing in the dress; all this just to appease the urge. I have given up trying to predict it, I just go with the flow and make time when I can. Brenda

H Melissa, I don't think it is compulsion, I think it is desire for me. I have only been dressing for about 2 years, the desire to dress has never waxed, waned, or decreased with age, or my life circumstances. The desire to dress continues to grow more and more everyday. I have found that dressing can relieve stress, but I just consider it a bonus that comes with being a crossdresser.

My desire to dress was always driven by one of a few factors: intense stress, opportunity and/or an idle mind. While we were raising our children, opportunity and the idle mind rarely existed. As the kids grew and eventually flew the nest and due to some highly stressful times (over the course of almost a decade), I landed in the most mindless job possible. The perfect storm! Tons of opportunity and nothing to think about except.........well, you know. Long story short, what was a life long battle took over and I succumbed. I accepted who and what I am, told my wife (she's cool with it) and went about building a life for my female alter ego. It also helps that I have reached that age (old), where I no longer care what people think of me outside of a few family members. I now go out frequently, but still have my WTF moments. If you can beat those, then you've really accomplished something. Good luck and welcome aboard!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Platinum Member
    I certainly have been subject to ups and downs in terms opportunity to dress, and periods when the need or pull seemed a bit less strong. But like gravity, for me the pull has always been there....for whatever reason....and like a falling object, I’ve steadily accelerated over the years.

I find i go through phases of dressing.
    Wont for a few weeks then a few times in a few days.
    Overall, as i get older, dressing frequency is about the same, but i have added more over time, better outfits, make up is a little better.
    Its all or nothing now, whole nine yards, where as before i might have been content to dress without makeup for example, now i feel its more hardcore.

It was always long period of no desire before I told my wife almost 6 years ago. Then it was 2-3x a week for the longest time. Since about March of this year it has dwindled. I realize there are periods of no desire but it’s been 2 months since I dressed with makeup and I feel in a slump. I use to get anxious with anticipation if I was going to be dressing that night , running over what I would wear in my head . It’s kind of depressing because it’s brougjt me so much joy. Where oh where can the pink fog be.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Geery View Post
    To what extent has the compulsion to cross dress waxed or waned over the years for you? Has the desire to cross dress increased during stressful times? Decreased as you've aged? I found that once my wife was in the loop for me the desire was reduced. As I've hit my 40s it hasn't felt as pressing either. Do you see any relation to your desire to dress and your life circumstances?
    The desire to dress has not waned over the years, however the opportunity to dress has been problematic. The last 10yrs has been a challenge, with the wife not working and adult children coming and going, my dressing has been put on hold. Today maybe my day! The wife is off to some show with her friends, and the kids will not be home. Wish me luck!