Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Want To Wear Women's Clothes?

I am happy in my own little world.

This has not always been the case, I have two identities and enjoy using them.

I don't think I could ever stop, I don't want to either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Jayne44C let me answer:

I believe I was born with a part of my brain being feminine and therefore on certain things I think and have feminine needs just like a woman and I satisfy these needs by wearing girl clothes and emulating women and I love it, it's as natural as eating when you are hungry.
    Also my blood type was checked at birth and it was CD feminine, not AB negative, this is another reason I wear a bra and panties but it was a pink thong today.
    I love to see women with killer bodies, pretty faces and how nice they look in their clothes; I also like when they bend over and show cleavage, nice butts and beautiful legs, this wants me to be like them and yes I find this sexy. Men and their clothes look nice when they are properly dressed but the two feelings are as different as a tricycle and a race car.
    I agree with all the good female feelings described above and it's with me 24/7.
    Just got home from shopping, wore heeled booties, tight girl jeans, top and undies, blended just fine. Bought a bra, panties and two tops, wearing the bra and panties now under tight girl shorts and the new top.
    Man, I Feel Like A Woman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macada10 View Post
    I feel myself powerful
    Absolutely love your answer, Macada. Me too. (read my signature line!)

The answer may be slightly different for every man enthralled with women's clothing; so complex a behavior and motivations. But I think my wife summed it up best (when we were discussing my CD behavior). She was researching CD/TG for her own informative benefit. She said she didn't Google "crossdressing" or " transgender". She Googled "men who want to be women". Makes sense, and just about sums it up.

At the root core of all the behavior, be it CD or TG, we are Men Who Wish To Be Women [in some form or another]. I'm not ashamed, BTW.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    Each day as I go thru my transition it becomes natural ....
    Rachel,
    So glad to read that. It DOES become more natural. It just feels right.
    Most of all, it's great to read that you are growing, progressing and becoming the woman you know inside you are. Be at peace.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    There's a lot to be said of us being' born this way' if that is true or not for everyone I don't know. For me it is not for relaxation or the thrill of it (maybe in my youth), but it just feels 'right' presenting as a female. Why do I like Chinese food and not Indian? It is just the way it is. I'm not sure if I'll ever know the true answer, but I do know it is part of me and always has been.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    As Deebra said, I truly believe I was born with a very strong feminine side.I dress to present it, love it, and could not stop.

It may have been designed for women but it is mine - therefore not women's clothing.

Why? I don't really know but I've been attracted to the clothing from a very young age.
    Can I stop? Absolutely, but I have no reason or inclination to stop. As far as I'm concerned I think I'd like to go further rather stop.

well first off: I don't want to wear women's clothes...I want to present as a woman. Why would someone want to present as a woman?? Well, for one thing, women are WAY BETTER than men. Men are kind of irritating, and while I don't mind being one, Isure do enjoy getting away from that every so often and blending in with the girls

Like Stephanie47, I wish I didn't do this! But in my case, I think it's that I'm sexually attracted to the feminine: pretty girls and the pretty clothes they wear. It is this attraction that compels me to want to be one of them (from time to time).

I like wearing women clothe because it feels normal for me, always did from my youth, where itwill brings me, future will tell.

I wear them because I feel more comfortable wearing some high heels and a nice dress than I do wearing a men's jeans and a sweatshirt. Even when I was younger, I didn't feel right wearing boys clothes and something didn't feel right but because of my age and circumstances at the time, I couldn't be who I wanted to be. Now as Im older, I can express myself how I want and it feels incredible. I get so excited when I buy some new lingerie, a new dress or a pair of heels and I never feel that when buying anything male related.

Because I am transgender. Dressing makes me feel authentic. Happy too. As an added benefit dressing in feminine attire is hella sensual.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Ive just developed a real disdain for men's clothes due to so much monochrome, boring colors; women's items are so much more colorful and it brings me happiness with the bright colors & selection.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

the texture and on a lesser extent, the visuals, heightens my sensation --which can overwhelm highly stressful states (of mind.)
    i work in finance in major cities, currently nyc, and men's clothes can be expressive and exciting, and expensive. i like dressing up male when it is called for, but it can't compete with the sensory overload of feminine attire.

Aspiring Member
    I wear women's clothes because I need to.
    I believe it's just the way my brain is hardwired.

I think that when I wear women's clothes, by brain has an automatic and involuntary response. It releases a host of neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and others) which produce sensations of well being, pleasure. gratification and personal fulfillment. It releases stress and makes me happy. That's enough of a reason for me.

Silver Member
    Long before I knew the difference in clothes for the sexes, I was maybe 2 or 3 in a room full of women getting ready to go out. They were doing their makeup and wearing their slips. I watched them pull their slips up and gently guide their nylons up over their legs and attach them to their suspenders. Everyone was happy and I knew then that one day I would be doing that. When I was 5 my mother put me in my sister's panties one day as I was out of clean underwear. That was the day that I wanted to wear panties for the rest of my life.

Its what I feel I'm supposed to wear. Women wear women's clothes. I identify more as a woman than a man. The very few men's clothes I have are a "necessary evil".

I like how I look in women's clothes. I like how I feel in women's clothes. I like the process of dressing up and transforming myself. I like that women have so many choices in styles, colors and materials, quite unlike men. I like putting together an outfit, finding the perfect skirt to go with my favorite top. In some sense it's an engineering problem, but one where form matters more than function. And, to top it off, I love shopping for women's clothes. Honestly, I never understood what "retail therapy" meant, until I learned to shop for women's clothes.

As a guy, I shop like a hunter. Go into the store, and grab a couple of shirts in my usual size and color. As a guy, if the store doesn't have it's sizes and colors organized, I just walk out.

As a girl, I'm a gatherer. I'm willing to go through a whole rack of clothes, piece by piece. My favorite shopping place is "Final Act" super discount sections at Macy's. In terms of price and selection, it's like shopping at a thrift store, and there are amazing deals to be found if you have the patience.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It feels like the right thing to do.
    It makes my mind in sync my body.

Ditto to all the other answers and I think it is FUN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    I like to look pretty,its exciting. I love to emulate
    attractive and sexy young women.

I have always been drawn to women's clothing. My earliest memories is wearing my mother's Merry Widow 4/5 years of age. If I had to chose though it is the fabrics.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    I have asked myself this question many times. I have answers but not an explanation. My mother was a very stylish woman in terms of her outfits and poise. Freud would tell you I am attempting to gain her approval. I was brought up surrounded by wonderful fabrics and colours and I wanted to experience this for myself. I tried it and I loved it. Though the fabrics are good what I like most is how I look. Women have told me I look better in women's clothes than men's - somehow they suit me. Though I say so myself, I have fabulous legs that some women friends have said should always be on show. I have breast forms but do not use hip padding - my waist is narrower than my hips. I find the clothes more comfortable - I do not wear shapeware and some bras are more comfortable than others and I tend not to wear heels on pavements for long periods so I avoid the more tedious aspects of womenswear. I find panties and sheer tights less restricting on my nether regions than male underwear and trousers (I never wear women's trousers though I own some). Because the look is so important to me I have had my colours and style professionally assessed (House of Colour - highly recommended) and that feeling that in a particular outfit you have absolutely aced it is unbeatable. Having said that I have had the same analyses as a male and there is no doubt that when you put on the suit and tie and get that right it can feel almost as good - but that tie is never going to be comfortable. The ability to wear a skirt or dress most of the time (except at work, where I am part time) gives me a wonderful range of choice I would not have as a man.. I dislike make up and find wigs uncomfortable so only use them when going out as Susan, something that has fallen to just a few times a year rather than a few times a month. In summary, skirts and dresses and everything that goes with them are FUN - I can have that fun even as a man, and I do. Women clearly get pleasure from their clothes and it may be that the clothes have an attraction in themselves. I look at some dresses and wonder how anyone can NOT want to wear this. Obviously a bra and forms takes the experience beyond just clothing (clothes have no gender - people do) but the reality is that women's clothes look better if worn with a bust because they were designed for this. Anyway, even though I do not regard myself as a woman when dressed up, there is a certain satisfaction in achieving an elegant womanly appearance and getting the outfit together - I would not dream of wearing stuff that did not work together. Perhaps the urge to be the best I can be at wearing women's clothes is actually a male trait? Those who identify as women would be horrified by the thought that this was a hobby, but perhaps for some of us it is just that - it is compulsive, and I spend a LOT of time and money on it but in the end it is of value only to me (and rather too many retailers!), so it is a bit selfish in that respect. Though lots of women have a compulsive need to keep buying new clothes and clearly have something similar to us (similar but not the same) these women generally get rid of stuff to make room for the new. I only get rid of things that fall apart or no longer fit and can't justify alteration so that my wardrobe of skirts, dresses, tops and shoes is at a level that would be regarded as a bit disturbed in a women, let alone a man. I have a large house so have room for my 1000 skirts, almost 900 dresses and about 2000 tops, with 250-300 pairs of shoes and a corresponding choice of underwear and accessories. I know - it is bonkers - but I love it. Have I answered the question - probably not - but it was fun thinking about it.

Simple question.

Very difficult to answer.

For me, I've always known that I was supposed to be a girl - but I also knew that I wasn't one. Praying for God to fix it when I was little and promising to be 'real good' so he could see I deserved it didn't help.

Somehow I wanted (needed?) to be as feminine as I could, but with a VERY male, angry, frequently drunk father in the formative years limited my options severely.
    I wasn't allowed to grow my hair long. playing with my sister's stuff was too.
    I took to more neutral activities like reading, watching TV, and playing tag (etc) with the neighborhood kids.
    Still - I WANTED to be a girl, and needed to let that side out somehow. So- I would sneak some of my sister's clothes and put them on at night.
    I also discovered that spending the night at my grandparents got me to wear one of her housedresses as pajamas, since they didn't have anything for me to wear. LOVED IT!

So - long story short (too late?) I dress as a way to allow my feminine side to express itself. I've tried going 'all the way' as well as quitting completely. Neither worked for me. Wearing something feminine all the time, but being for the most part closeted, seems to work the best for me.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Looking for some good answers and reasons why you want to, why you don't stop, can you stop, why should you stop.

First, it's not a want -- but a need. At least for me, anyway.

"I need to wear a dress -- right now! Hmm, let's see... I suppose I want to wear the slinky blue one. Just not feeling the red poofy one today."

See the difference?

Believe me, if this was a true "want," I don't feel I would have ever put on my first fem article of clothing. *And* kept on doing it off & on my entire life, starting from a fairly young age. *And* suffered all the consequences of doing so, in all sorts of ways.

To me, "want" means I have the choice to do something, or not to do something.

"Needing" to do something, means I pretty much have no say in the matter, that I just have to go along for the ride.

Now that that's out of the way...

Yes, I have stopped. Sometimes I had forced myself to -- yet that only seemed to make it come roaring back somewhere down the road.

Other times, I let the stop come naturally. Of course, it still eventually comes back on its own. Without all the extreme swings associated with the above, however.

*Why* should I stop? I suppose it would make my life easier in certain ways. Albeit perhaps less fun, less "unique," less interesting. But having a more "normal" life would enable me to fit in better with more people, I suppose. It would give me more confidence & more of an ability, in a way, to do certain things in life that most people have a much easier time with, without all this CD'ing/gender "baggage" holding them back.

Of course, the same could also be said of being a little taller, having more money, being more extroverted, etc.

Hey, I accept & embrace the hand I was dealt with in this life... The good, the bad, and the ugly.

No other way, really. Just gotta make the most of it.