Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Want To Wear Women's Clothes?

Because I hate wearing weird clothes all the time. Most of the time I just want to wear something normal: skirts and dresses.

I believe if I knew the answer to this question I would know everything.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    .......I sure do enjoy getting away from that every so often and blending in with the girls
    Audrey,
    Another great response on this thread.
    It makes a point very well that I had not prior given consideration to about my CD motivations. I lived deep inside "the world of men", in the armed forces, a 'manly' profession. I was immersed in manliness, old fashioned honor (codes, etc), dangerous stuff, all of it.
    What a great way, physically - spiritually - psychologically - to get away from the madness of it all.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

(a)Because I feel more relaxed in them.
    (b)Because there is more variety in them.
    (c)Because I look great in them!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    It feels like me inside

It makes me feel so comfortable and relaxed when I am dressed, in other words just being myself

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I know now that I would have been far happier in life if I had been born female. Crossdressing in private is a way to feel feminine, and given my particular combination of brain wiring, world view and laziness, this setup provides the greatest emotional ROI, and is the current peak of my psychosexual Laffer curve.

Because they're not 'womens' clothes , they're my clothes

Because they are more comfortable and a better variety of styles to chose from

Why You Want To:
    After 50 plus years of being just a male, I want to try and experience, what it is like to feel, look, and present myself as a female. I know I will always be a male, but I need to express my feminine side, and crossdressing allows me to express my female tendencies.

Why You Don't Stop:
    The simple answer is, because I enjoy it, and I do , but, it is also an escape from my male world. When I dress I can be stress free, feminine, sensual, and just enjoy being a crossdresser.

Can You Stop:
    NO!

Why Should You Stop:
    I can't think of any reason why I should.

I want to wear women's clothes because I enjoy it

I've been trying to figure out the answer to this question for almost 50 years. Hasn't come to me yet and probably never will. All that I do know, is that it doesn't appear to be diminishing at all.
    Last edited by Heather Daniels; 11-03-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Long ago, in spite of conflicted feelings, but before I was even aware of any crossdressing or non-manly feelings, a (platonic) long time woman friend responded to my presence in a group of women, which someone questioned, as: "he's ok, he's one of us."

My male side silently protested, but deep inside I thrilled at what I realized was a high compliment.

Perhaps she saw something deep within me, deeper than the feminine clothes I feel compelled to wear today.

Perhaps someone can explain that to me.

Ineke
    Last edited by Ineke Vashon; 11-03-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling error

I'm stilling trying to answer this question for myself. I'll let people know when I figure it out.

Well, Pat's thread on Nov 2nd - Our favorite "why" questions probably provides some scientific clues but without some confessions and testing, I don't know if any or all of the theories apply to me or not. Beyond that, I think I know why I started crossdressing. It was an exciting sexual fetish for a young boy in puberty. But why I stuck with it? Still trying to figure that out.

For me its a desire to wear girly clothes. I like how soft women's clothing are. I like the multitudes of color choices. I like how I look when dressed.I like to stay up with the current fashion trends. I actually take time to put an outfit together as opposed to being en drab where I just put on a T-shirt and jeans. If I could wear girly clothes all the time I would in a heartbeat. But that isn't an option right now.

Ineke,

Thank you. That is a very impressive and powerful story. A great psychic instinct on the part of your GG friends. Awesome.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey New View Post
    Beyond that, I think I know why I started crossdressing. It was an exciting sexual fetish for a young boy in puberty. But why I stuck with it? Still trying to figure that out.
    It was so hard to decide what to include and what to leave out in that summary thread "Our favorite 'Why' questions." One of the things I left out was consideration of the idea that crossdressing might be sexually motivated. I know it's a total article of faith for many here on the forum that it's a valid motivation, but psychological studies seem to indicate the two are not strongly linked. Fetish dressing is what's termed "an extinction behavior" -- that is, with repeated dressing the sexual motivation fades away. There are many posts on this site that describe that scenario and it was the same for me as well. And if you think about it, males find many, many ways to express sexual behavior -- why pick crossdressing? Why was that the stimulus of choice? My own, half-baked, non-scientific opinion is that the sexual urge is one of the few things strong enough to overcome a male's social resistance to putting on women's clothing -- at least initially. And if they have a predisposition for crossdressing it can rapidly become the "excuse" that allows them to do it while still maintaining their masculine identity. Again, I'm not telling anyone how they feel, I'm just offering a data point for you to consider. If it resonates for you, fine. If not, fine.
    Last edited by Pat; 11-05-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling; pronoun agreement
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    Women's clothes are in harmony with my gender identity - a near-female on the transgender spectrum. I don't want to wear women's clothes, I just naturally wear them. Full disclosure - I wear men's jeans and shirts M-F at work, but when I retire out goes the men's work clothes for sure.

Because I am a fetishistic transvestite. I love the femininity, the feel, the range of colors, being able to wear makeup and lovely jewelry. I cannot stop because it is a fundamental part of who I am and to not dress would be to deny a large part of my personality. It would be like tearing out a large part of my being.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Looking for some good answers and reasons why you want to, why you don't stop, can you stop, why should you stop.
    Why I want too cause I like the way I look and feel. I'm obsessed with breasts love looking at them touching them feeling them watching them move. So wearing them seems to make sense. A man with breasts seems odd so dressing up like a woman makes having breasts not look as odd.

I don't stop because there is nothing wrong with doing it.

I probably could stop but quitters never win lol

Why should I stop....probably cause I've spent thousands and thousands on breast forms clothing hip shapers wigs
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    My own, half-baked, non-scientific opinion is that the sexual urge is one of the few things strong enough to overcome a male's social resistance to putting on women's clothing -- at least initially. And if they have a predisposition for crossdressing it can rapidly become the "excuse" that allows you to do it while still maintaining your masculine identity. Again, I'm not telling anyone how they feel, I'm just offering a data point for you to consider. If it resonates for you, fine. If not, fine.
    Actually, it kinda does. My TG feelings predated any sexual feelings by many years. At puberty, and for a long time thereafter, dressing was an intense part of my sexuality. Then, as I came arrive at something resembling acceptance of my nature, the sexual aspect started to quickly fade. It's still there, but it's like it's way in the background and little more than a shadow of what it once was. Expressing my fem self is it's own reward now, a very different and arguably, deeper satisfaction.

Platinum Member
    Hi Deebra , It is just who I am and it is just what I do,

See line #2 in my signature.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I cant say that I what to wear womens clothing. It just feels so good, the soft tight clothes, that I canĀ“t help myself

I feel relaxed in them. I feel free from the world when wearing them.