Thread: Couldn't take my eyes off her.

Couldn't take my eyes off her.

Yesterday was my Grandsons first communion,a big deal for us Catholics.As the children marched down the aisle they were led by their teacher from the Catholic school they attend.Following them was our Priest and a couple of women who would help with the service.One of the women was wearing heavy makeup a very short skirt and very high heels.I didn't think it was appropriate attire but the reason I couldn't stop looking at her was because that's the way I wish I could look.I had no problem following the ceremony even though it was in French ,my Grandchildren go to a French Catholic school.After the service I watched her leave church wishing I could look that good.
    Last edited by Pat; 04-15-2018 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Removed line that took the religious aspect a little too far.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

Platinum Member
    Presumably He (or She) made her that way too!

For those who don't attend service regularly, Easter always draws a large crowd. This year was no different. So many pretty dresses...

I think that a skirt and heels are entirely appropriate for a first communion Mass. She got dressed up for what is an important occasion, especially as she was actively helping out.
    Generally many women get dressed up (dresses and skirts) for Easter and Christmas (as Tracy noted).
    I too, get jealous (and distracted) observing all the cute outfits.
    Last edited by Pat; 04-15-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Removed line that took the religious aspect a little too far.

Some women are particularly striking when dressed up and the French women still take the lead in the fashion stakes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm confused, Karen? U don't have to walk down a church/school aisle when u dress, do u? So, why can't u copy her look in private?

I do that all the time when I see a striking woman that gets my attention!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It often makes me feel quite nice when I see a woman dressed in a way that has that effect on me. Lets me know that I am comfortable with my thoughts and ways too.
    We do all look that good Karen in our own special way, or style!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Although I'm a CD I still love seeing a nice dressed woman. Especially one in high heels and a flattering dress. It shows classy to me.

Many women here dress in dress or skirt with heels on Sunday! Also some during the week! Always glad to see them! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    One of the women was wearing heavy makeup a very short skirt and very high heels.
    I don't want to caught staring, but how could I not stare at this?

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I love seeing well dressed women that are my age, it doesn't happen very often. But when it does, of course she gets my undivided attention while I make mental notes of what might work for me.

Happens to me all the time.
    Beautiful women, dressed, are an true inspiration.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

A well dressed woman is a sight to behold. Unfortunately many women now dress too casually even to church. In the religion that I grew up in, it is a rule that women wear a dress or skirt and even though I now attend a different church I find it uncomfortable to wear pants as Nikki. I've had women comment that they have noticed and I see a few of them are starting to wear dresses and skirts more often.

you are preaching to the choir. I also like going to church on holydays, there is always one or two ladies dressed to the 999s. It is really a treat to see a women really dressed up. You seldome see a lady dressed like that at the mall. I don't know why they don't do it more often. I guess it's too much work.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Doc I try to to that to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I've felt the same exact way when I've seen a well dressed woman. I was watching a movie the other day called "Lucy" where Scarlett Johansson was dressed in a tight, short black mini dress with a pair of very high black heels. It was so sexy and I told myself, I need a get a dress like that however then reality set in, could I ever pull that off? I'd love to try!

I chuckled when I read this thread. Our church, in spite of our casual society, could be categorized as a Sunday fashion show. Yes, it very difficult to keep my eyes straight ahead. Skirts, heels, makeup and hose are common. It seems almost competitive. Of course, when I hear the “click click” of heels and see dresses and skirts, I like, I wonder how I’d look...I’m sure you understand. 👗

Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    One of the women was wearing heavy makeup a very short skirt and very high heels.the reason I couldn't stop looking at her was because that's the way I wish I could look. After the service I watched her leave church wishing I could look that good.
    There's nothing like a good looking woman dressed to the nines to get my attention and admiration and wishing I could look like her!