Thread: Well... that was interesting...

Well... that was interesting...

Just had a rather unusual 'girl out on the town' experience.

I decided that this year, I would start doing archery with our local Society for Creative Anachronism group as Ceera, rather than as my male presentation. There are a number of members who have known me as a male all the last year, who will be seeing me for the first time as a female. But they are all pretty cool people, so I am not too worried about reactions. So far, I have only explicitly told a couple of people about my dual aspects. When Ceera shows up at SCA events, she has been accepted as a new female member.

Last week was the first 'official' practice of the season, at an indoor archery range. My daughter came with me, and two of the other people there were ones who already know about my female side and accept me as Ceera. I was wearing a long suede skirt and a women's blouse, with full makeup, long hair, 40D boobs and all, and using my female voice. Then another woman showed up who has met me as Ceera before, at a silk painting class that she taught, and who has also known me by my male name as an archer, and knows who my daughter is. She didn't react at all when she saw me as a woman at the archery range, with my daughter, who referred to me as her aunt. Another woman who was a new person to the group accepted me fully at face value as a female. So far, so good.

So this week, there I am again, in an ankle length denim skirt, women's fur and leather boots, women's holiday-theme sweater, full makeup, long hair, 40D boobs and all, and using my female voice. My daughter and I were the first to arrive. The next person was a guy who knows my daughter and my male side fairly well, but who had never been introduced to Ceera. He greeted us when he saw us, and talked with us. He shot archery with us for an hour, while I acted as the range's safety official, which meant he had to pay close attention to what I was saying the whole time, and he had to look in my direction frequently. Yet he never once acted like it was at all unusual that I had inexplicably turned into a woman! It was so strange... I can't believe he didn't notice the gender and voice change. But maybe he just saw my daughter and an adult with her, and didn't really look at me?

I mean, it's not like my presentation was lacking. The next stop my daughter and I made was for dinner at a restaurant, where I was consistently addressed as a woman. So I was passing rather well as female.
    Last edited by Ceera; 12-07-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Good for you Ceera doing things with your daughter. Archery is a good activity and is fun to shoot the ranges. I think you are a lucky girl to be able to enjoy a sport with your daughter and especially with club members who are accepting as the ones you talk about. You have a good thing going.

Nice story Ceera, the guy probably knew and simply took no notice.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I think Becky is right. People just want an easy life and you were hurting no-one so he just went with it. I really do think many of 'us' worry too much about presenting as female. As you have shown, if you relax and enjoy the skin you are in the world carries on as normal. Inspiring stuff Ceera.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I agree. He probably realised, but decided it wasn't his business; and if that's who you wanted to be, he'd treat you accordingly. Good attitude.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    It's always satisfying to add another string to your bow.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Ceera, that's great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Awesome!

An interesting story, but I really wonder what others think.

Not only on your outing but the lack of reaction I see when others engage with me.

Oh! sure, I pass, pass what!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It’s very possible that he noticed but was too polite to say anything. Good on him for having manners.

Banned Read only
    Ceera,
    It's an interesting story, but from my own experience men on the whole don't make eye contact, I'm going to ask a few questions in my social group to get more thought s on this issue.

I know there can be several explanations maybe the most obvious is they choose not to communicate directly because people will think he is gay , from more than one comment I've received that is the first thing people think .