Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Femme Name Choices

I've gone by only Kimberly for thirty years, ever since I came out to a gf, and had a purpose to have a feminine name. When I joined the forum, I included my birth month in my user name, so naturally many here assume it's April. It's fine either way.

When I joined the forum, it literally required a name; some sort of femme name naturally. I had not had one nor thought of one before joining.
    I knew I had an "inner woman", a feeling of wanting to be female but in my life I never assigned a name to that girl, or thought of her as a separate being living in me with my male self, or even as a a girl trapped in the male body. My sense of femininity was always just me being Me.

I chose my forum name in a bit of haste, yet smartly picked ILENE, because Ilene is part of of mother's name (bless her soul). Loved my Mom, of course, and loved her maiden names. It seems a good natural choice
    NOW...... that I've been living in serious CD for a long time and using that time to truly consider where all this Crossdressing and Wanting to Be A Woman is taking me, I have also thought about my name in case I elect to fully transition. [It would create a lot of problems at this stage of my happy life, but it would be me, and it wouldn't be easy.]
    My real assigned birth name is Tom (or Thomas, actually). All during my childhood I was Tommy, though as an adult I got away from that. If for no other reason than the natural flow of Names, and the ease with which I could respond to my "natural" name, I might consider going by Tommy (again); probably spelled Tommi.
    Though, I absolutely love going by ILENE right now. It tends to fill me with the spirit of my Mom. Not a bad thing.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Really liked the name "Brenda" when I heard it, and it's a "B" name helps me remember it under pressure

i first chose Melita but discarded that when the coffee filter of that name showed up, then moved to Melina, which would have been my daughters name had i had a girl. i let the whole thing slide until Marsha popped in. don't know how or why, as i never watched the t v show with that character. It just seemed right and it stuck. Leanne is a warp of my middle name. I still retain the original initials of my given name.

Junior Member Beauty Parlor Bev's Avatar
    When I was young, I remember my family telling me that if I had been born a girl, my name would have been "Beverly" which happens to share a first letter with my guy name so my signatures (which is pretty much illegible other than the first letters of each name) match and it gives me a tie to my parents, which can be a struggle for me sometimes. I also did not want an overly flamboyant name (no examples so as not to offend) that would make it more difficult to blend into society en femme, i.e. "Misty Reign is here for her 3:00 hair appointment" sounds sexy as hell, but a little over the top for everyday use!

I have always been and will always be Rebecca/Becky/Bec never any question ....
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I took the feminine version of the male name that I would have chosen for myself. Then used the cute nickname for it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    I am "Krisi" here. I wish I could get my wife to call me by a feminine name, any name, when I'm dressed but so far, she hasn't taken the hint. Even a feminine version of my male name would be fine.
    Krisi

One day about 40 years ago, my wife asked me what female name I would like to use. I simply said Joanne and that is the name that I have been ever since.

An old girlfriend used to say she loved my hazel eyes, so it seemed a natural choice when I needed a name.
    I made it Hazel Woods when I needed a surname or Hazel Twiggs when I was feeling flighty.
    Now I am fast approaching fifty, and Hazel's inner voice sounds like my irrepressible and irresponsible Aunty Joan from my teenage years; so I guess it is time for Hazel to be an Aunty too.