Thread: Three days in New York

Three days in New York

This is a long post, but I just wanted to share my excitement at going out in the city. I just moved from New York to the west coast. The funny thing is that I never went out much in New York. I lived in a doorman building. I am out to my girlfriend, but definitely not to the neighbors or doormen. This time I stayed in a hotel.

The first night I wore a black Bebe mini dress with long sleeves, and ankle boots. On line, I found a meetup at the Stonewall. I went, found nothing, and moved on. Maybe I was too late the event was for 6-9 PM and I arrived at 8:40. So, I went to the Zinc Bar in the East Village and listened to some Cuban influenced Jazz. I had been there before and had a chat with the bartenders and the bouncer. Next, I went to Madame X on Houston Street. I had a drink at the bar and talked with the bartender and a couple next to me. I took a Lift uptown to the Ace Hotel. The kitchen was still open, so I had something to eat. Finally I went to the Nomad Hotel, which is famous for their Old Fashioneds.

On the second night I wore a blue Bebe body con dress, and 5 inch stilettos with an anke strap. I took the subway from Long Island City and it was ok. No one seemed to pay me any attention and it was uneventful. I wanted to go to 80's night at Le Poisson Rouge in the East Village. They have a small concert area in the basement. The shows are great. I arrived early, so I went to Terra Blues across the street. They had a band that was playing Jimi Hendrix music and some original stuff. It was great. The bar was pretty full, but I got a seat somehow. I went to Le Poisson Rouge, but Alas, it was 90's night! I love 90's music, but my preferred form is of the NIN variety. The band was more New Kids. I talked a while with a young woman who got there ahead of her friends. I was talking to another guy who then asked me if I was trans. When I said yes, he abruptly left. I was not insulted; I thought that if he had to ask, then maybe I am doing OK. Tired of the music, I went to Sounds of Brazil on Varrick and Houston. I got there too late for the band, but they had an interesting DJ that was playing Salsa- African music fusion. I had a caipirinha and then it was time to go. My feet at this time were ready. I hailed a Lift, but the guy never arrived, the app said he was there, but showed his car far away, and I could not find him. I decided to take the subway. I knew I had to do a walk at Times Square from the 1 to the E train, about a quarter mile, and then another two blocks in Queens to my hotel. Painful, but I did it.

The last night I went out in a black strapless top, mini skirt, and the more comfortable ankle boots. This time was 80's night, so I went back to Le Poisson Rouge. The band was fantastic. They played the harder 80's music, Joan Jett, Dead or Alive, Bon Jovi. The bartender remembered me and bought me a drink. In general I find going out to these regular places the staff seems to remember you and take care of you. I think we add some color to the party. I stayed until almost closing at 3:30 AM. I took the subway out round trip, and again it was not eventful. I finally got to sleep at 4 AM.

I had a great time. I found it quite easy to go to regular night life sites with the "muggles" and just mingle.

Sara.Rafela,
    Wow! Great story. You did New York right. Nothing like going out in the Big City and taking the train in high heel stilettos and a bodycon dress because if you have got it...flaunt it. It is amazing how people are actually friendlier when you go out dressed pretty and viewing life from the feminine side.
    Like you I enjoy wearing ridiculously high heels and once got chastised by two girls I met out that my 3.5 inch heels were not high enough.
    Looking forward to reading about more of your adventures.
    Thanks,
    Jaquie

Sara, Sounds like a great few days. Taking the subway was a brave move.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I would love to have just one night like this!!!

Congratulations!!

Patricia

Sara,

What a great time you had. Three consecutive nights hitting the town must have left you feeling just elated.

You talking about riding the subway reminded me of a news item that came out not long ago and showed just how things have changed for the better.

Regarding your taxi not turning up. Uber by any chance? It seems a common occurrence that they get close and then shot off elsewhere. Check your account to make sure you haven't been charged the booking fee.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 03-14-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

What a blast, I spent five days last time and stayed out in New Jersey.

The only way I could afford it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A few things for those who are thinking of visiting New York. I would recommend checking out the hotels in Long Island City. There are a lot of new hotels there, available for $90 to $120 before taxes. This neighborhood is close to the 7, E, N, W, R, F, and M lines (1-2 blocks walk) and you can get to Manhattan in 1 or 2 stops. The subways run 24 hours and are safe.