Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife of a crossdresser

When your husband tells you he is not attracted to men he is most likely telling the truth. That doesn't necessarily mean he is straight in the conventional sense. There is a phenomenon common among crossdressers that has been called psuedo-bisexuality. True bisexuals are attracted to both men and/or women. Psuedo-bisexual males are attracted to women and also to the idea of being a woman (or sometimes a gay bottom) sexually. The males or male parts in these fantasies are just placeholders that allow them to be a woman (or a fairy). Some will even have sex with men but are not attracted to them in any sense other than as sex objects used to actualize their own "femininity."

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the denizens of this forum are representative of typical crossdressers. This forum tends to attract those CDs with gender identity issues while for the vast majority of CDs it's a minor sexual kink - nothing they would bother joining a forum for. From your description, your husband sounds like a typical CD and I wouldn't assume there is more to it than that without more evidence. For some, like myself, it's a major sexual kink that is more like a sexual orientation and prevents one from having a "normal" sex life. I joined forums like this because I was ashamed of and baffled by my fetish and wanted to believe there was more to it, that there was some inner woman that was trying to express herself and that my strange sexual proclivities were the result of trying to repress her. But that was a delusion. Sometimes a fetish is just a fetish. It turns out that my gender identity issues were the result of attempts to sublimate my fetish.

This can work in a marriage. I've been married for nearly 23 years and we had a very active sex life until she reached menopause. Before that she had a much higher sex drive than I did. Now it's about the same. Although I crossdressed when I was younger, I didn't return to crossdressing until about four years into our marriage. I never hid it from her. I just announced one day that I wanted to try it. She was good with it. I don't think my CDing does anything for her but she likes it because it turns me on. Our sex life worked even before that because she likes being the top and I like being a bottom. For me female domination has always been my primary sexual orientation where feminization and other emasculating activities are adjunct. Where there is a will there is a way. Where there is no will there is always divorce.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 11-08-2017 at 01:16 PM.

He is still hiding stuff which seems to me is a big issue. Talk to him more, tell him you know there is more going on and you need to know because you still have concerns. If you are willing to accept him let him know. Ask him why he still dresses at night, behind your back. Let him know it is ok to dress casually if he wants too.

My wife and I went through this some time ago. She was not accepting at first but came around on her own and now I am able to dress to some degree around her without any problems. I often dress in the evening and we sit and watch TV and relax, just like we did before.

It helps greatly that you are accepting, at least to some degree. Understand there is probably nothing going down behind your back, he is just uncomfortable and afraid to tell you all.

There is no connection between dressing and sexual attraction. As many others have said, I have been dressing on and off for almost 40 years and have zero interest in guys.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

You sound like you are being a wonderful wife, well done you. My only advice is keep up the communication about how he feels, in time things may progress, but they may not. When i first told my wife it was purely sexual for me, and now i honestly dont know. Im always turned on so maybe it is just sexual, who knows. I am also 100% straight and enjoy stimulation in any area, if u get me.

One thing to remember is for many guys we are not as emotionally mature as women, meaning we don't always understand or connect why exactly we feel a certain way. It takes time to reflect on why each of us dress and what each of us get out of the experience. We are more proned to live in the moment rather than have some long road map that we are following to get to a certain destination.

As others have stated, try to keep the communication open. Be ready to listen and not assume. On average a woman's brain is far more active than a man's brain and I can only imagine the thousands of different thoughts and possible negative scenarios that you have already played out in your mind. I understand the difficulty of this new discovery, but the upside is it has the possibility to have a deeper/closer relationship for you both.

Best of luck with your journey.
    Last edited by amber457; 11-09-2017 at 08:55 AM.

I sound like your husband. I have been married, but divorced now. The divorce had nothing to do with my dressing, she was quite accepting. We just grew apart, ironically, we are fairly close now that we are divorced, go figure. Anyway, I digress, the main point I am trying to tell you is that my ex had the same fears initially. I am now 52 and have never once had sex with a man. If I were inclined that way, I am sure by now I would have made it happen by now. I am sure you husband is similar mind set. I believe most crossdressers are straight. When I say crossdresser, I mean men who like to dress female, but want to stay a man. Most of us who simply crossdress are heterosexual.

All partners are going to have flaws and quirks, I used to tell my ex (we were married 18 years) that I could have worse flaws. I could be chasing young women, severe gambling, credit card addiction, substance abuser or whatever. But her only concern was that her husband might be frustrated because he can't find a polish that matches his heels! I was reliable and responsible for all the things I had to do in life, dressing was my down time. In that scheme of things, it is hardly a problem.

I hope you two can find a comfort zone that works for both of you. You probably should start to think about expectations and limits so you are ready when you do communicate. It sounds like you have a good man.

Best wishes

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    You make no sense,so I'm going to take one step at a time,NO he is not gay!!!! So he bottoms with you?your husband is a crossdresser, I'm sure if you snooped around to find his girl stuff I'm sure you will find out if he is cheating on you with a man. You talk divorce, do it ,just do it,do it!!!!! Don't threaten him with divorce, in my case I know I can never stop crossdressing I have been doing this since I was 8 years old.
    1.be a wife.
    2.be a friend
    3.keep an open mind.
    P.S. HE IS NOT GAY

I agree Jennifer. I think it's crazy how someone can contemplate something as serious as divorce just because of the clothes somebody (supposedly the person they "love") wears or what they think feels nice in the sack. Not really fair IMO but whatevs.
    Last edited by Kas; 11-10-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I agree Jennifer. I think it's crazy how someone can contemplate something as serious as divorce just because of the clothes somebody (supposedly the person they "love") wears or what they think feels nice in the sack. Not really fair IMO but whatevs.
    I don't think the divorce part was due to what he's wearing, but more to do with the lies and what was hidden.. It's the breach of trust and of course the "what else don't I know about"? The fact She's on here tell me it's not the clothing that is the issue

Kas -- I think nameinuse covers most of the underlying reasons. There is also a fear of being abandoned in the future if the person goes on to transition. Or fear of loss of prestige in the community. There are lots of scary things about finding out someone you thought you knew is not the person you thought they were. Of course, good communication mediates that, but many crossdressers are so steeped in a culture of hiding that establishing communications is hard for them.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer0918 View Post
    No,no,no,no,I think the issue here from her thread is "is he GAY?"That's when the "threat"of divorce came up. I think she should listen more keep an open mind. Breach of trust??? Ok I don't know if this is true but I just know it's a fact,how could he breach her trust if he was always like this from birth. He is not hiding an STD or an affair just the cloths I like. I enjoy a nice macaroni with gravy veal scalopini and a nice glass of vino on a Sunday evening I never told my wife,so did I breach her trust?
    I didn't mean any offence Jennifer but I'll be honest and say that was my first question when my SO told me. Reading up on things like this isn't something someone does out of boredom lol. It's a learning curve, and I can't imagine how I'd feel if I found out this side of him years down the road. Is he hurting her by lying.. well yeah! Some omissions are fine, this is not... this is an integral part of him that she learned the hard way. It's funny that my SO got a pretty offended by my asking if he liked men also, but it's a valid question! I still think once the shock wears off and the OP and her SO sit down and openly and honestly talk then they'll be fine. I'm learning to be ok with the cding aspect, but I would not be ok with finding out that he was bi and hid that from me out of shame or whatever

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Kas -- I think nameinuse covers most of the underlying reasons. There is also a fear of being abandoned in the future if the person goes on to transition. Or fear of loss of prestige in the community. There are lots of scary things about finding out someone you thought you knew is not the person you thought they were. Of course, good communication mediates that, but many crossdressers are so steeped in a culture of hiding that establishing communications is hard for them.
    very well put, thank you Pat! xo

I think everyone should remember a wife that comes on this site at all, let alone posts, is trying really hard to understand us. Mine hasnt done any research at all and has known for years. Please can we not scare her off as in my opinion some of the comments were unnecessary.

Jennifer, if you go out of you way to lie (My wife said not telling is lying) to your wife then I can see this as a good reason for divorce, unless you agreed in vows you would lie.

Often the first question we know gets asked when someone learns of a crossdresser is are you gay, its the norm, doesnt make it right or logical. Ironic that my research seems to suggest gay man generally arent attracted to crossdressers so its a poor way to attract one!

No,no,no,no,I think the issue here from her thread is "is he GAY?"That's when the "threat"of divorce came up. I think she should listen more keep an open mind. Breach of trust??? Ok I don't know if this is true but I just know it's a fact,how could he breach her trust if he was always like this from birth. He is not hiding an STD or an affair just the cloths I like. I enjoy a nice macaroni with gravy veal scalopini and a nice glass of vino on a Sunday evening I never told my wife,so did I breach her trust?
    I don't think that is an apples to apples comparison. You won't be judged harshly by friends and community for liking a food. Crossdressing in many communities is still perceived as deviant behavior and will be judged by that. There are multiple considerations to being found out and how far this will go. I completely understand where this spouse is going because this is something that shouldn't reflect upon her, but ultimately will and that could affect status and livelihoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_mtf View Post
    I think everyone should remember a wife that comes on this site at all, let alone posts, is trying really hard to understand us. Mine hasnt done any research at all and has known for years. Please can we not scare her off as in my opinion some of the comments were unnecessary.
    I agree Jon. Let's not scare her off with posts criticizing her. I think she's doing awesome so far. I really appreciate her posting this here and wouldn't want to see this thread locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_mtf View Post
    Jennifer, if you go out of you way to lie (My wife said not telling is lying) to your wife then I can see this as a good reason for divorce, unless you agreed in vows you would lie.
    This is the part i have an issue with and I think many others. Not voluntarily disclosing something is NOT the same as lying, despite what some say.
    Last edited by Kas; 11-10-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Most would agree that trust and communication are the foundation of any relationship. Your husband has not been honest with you in the past when confronted about his crossdressing. That is unfortunate and betrayed your trust. It is incredibly difficult for a "manly man" to admit a desire to express his feminine side, but that does not justify his dishonesty.

Only you can decide whether to trust that he is being honest going forward. However, many of us here, such as me, are completely straight and have absolutely no desire to be with a man whether we are all dolled up or not. His preference for being "bottom" does not mean he wants to be with a man either, butt I have less experience there

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    This is the part i have an issue with and I think many others. Not voluntarily disclosing something is NOT the same as lying, despite what your wife tells you. Do you think she has disclosed to you every sexual fantasy she has ever had? Its called a secret. Everybody has them.
    Hi kas. To be honest I didnt see it as lying either hence why I did it, however I guess it is perception combined with opinion, nothing is black and white. My wifes other main problem was lack of trust by hiding it, easy to understand why thats a dealbreaker. I always try to see things from someone elses pov even when I dont agree myself.

Lastly I have learned women are always right, which of course gets confusing when you present as one 😁

Hi Jennifer,
    I have gone back and read some of your posts and my conclusion is that you are not a horrible person. You spend a lot of time complimenting others, very thoughtful.

I think we should agree to disagree on this one, secrets and marriage don't mix in my opinion. (I keep them because I am a wimp, wife doesnt know I spend and hour a day on her or shopping for clothes)

I'm going to leave this post for others to reply on the op now. Feel free to pm me if u want to chat.

Exactly gay men are not attracted to cd's
    Vows ok sickness and health check
    For richer or poorer check
    No affairs or no infidelity check
    So where does crossdressing come into vows ?
    Reflect on her??? How ? Ok I just don't agree.
    Some things just have to be secrets to protect all that livelihoods status community family I'm sorry just me

Maybe I'm a horrible person sorry
    How about came to her before the marriage, no check. You can defend the OP's hubby all you want. You can't check that one. And it's much bigger than those you listed.

And no, you're not horrible. You just have a different viewpoint than the OP and me about that issue.
    Last edited by Leelou; 11-11-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Most CD's are heterosexuels and at first you're ashame to tell your partner because of guilt. For me, I was a long time together and with good communication, decided to tell her. I think if you are in a great loving relationship, and you treat her well, what else a woman want ?

If you are loyal, respectful and in a truthful relationship, it will last.

Aspiring Member
    I like women. I like how they look, the clothes they get to wear, how they act. Crossdressing brings me closer to what I like. I still like women don't get me wrong. I have men friends, but i don't care much for having to look male. I just like women more and dressing to look like them and feel like them brings me closer to them as I said. Maybe your husband feels somewhat like this. He just likes women. Hope this helps a little. Sherrii

IMO the hardest part is behind you, confirming what you both knew. I think if you love him, you will need to take your time and figure out what you are comfortable with and what his needs are. This takes time and perhaps some experimentation. If it really confuses you I would find a gender therapist as well. Both of these have helped my situation. If you do not love him, well you have your answer of course.

Marriage in itself is a long winding road...no matter what the issue. If you love each other you should find common ground and make your marriage stronger.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

i am heterosexual. i love crossdress since i remenber that i exist. my GF knows, and support me.

Trisha , I'm with you on the last paragraph.....love and communication made my mariage stronger

I hid my CD’ing for many years and I’ve been doing it since about age five. I’m 100% heterosexual and have been married to my beautiful wife for 21 years. I hid this from her until recently. I could not take it anymore. It made me nuts that she did not know since I was pretty much not being honest with her. For years I’ve wanted to tell her, but could never conger up the courage to do so. Well, it was the best thing I’ve ever done. It’s was hard to begin the conversation once I told her we needed to talk. However, as I began spilling my guts, the words just started flowing from my mouth. Long story short, my wife is excepting of my CD’ing as long as it’s in private, which I’m ok with.