Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I should have known better

Unhappy I should have known better

Being a closet CD really sucks some days. My wife needs to go out of town for work being done at her late parents' house. She doesn't drive at present, but was planning to take a bus trip. I would get her to the station and then pick her up tonight. That would have given me 10-12 hours of time for dressing, even with my daughter stopping at home this evening. Today, my wife says to me, "You could drive me so I wouldn't have to leave so early, do some work remotely while we are there, get some dinner, and then we'll drive home." I can't say anything but "OK". At least I had already taken a sick day from work, as I had had a screening colonoscopy yesterday. So I am extremely disappointed that I cannot dress again, but I should have known better to get my hopes up.

I know that some of you will suggest I talk with her, but the situation is such that she is very much opposed to me hiding things. She knows I have dressed before, and I have visited a therapist because she believes that it is "my problem" and would not be happy to learn I still want to dress. So all I can do is be a good husband and wait until another day, as I have waited since early August.

Anyway, this is just me venting a little. I enjoy this community and the many people whose stories I read. Even though we are all on similar journeys, each journey has its own road and obstacles to navigate. This is my decision and my life to live, and I thank you for the support that you give to me and everyone here.

Toodles,
    Tina

GG
    Oh Tina i so feel for you hun.
    Sometimes i wish i could shake all the wives etc i read about on here that say its a problem or dont want to see their partners dressed and say to them this is the same person you love just dressing differently. Its clothes!! The same as us wearing jeans or a t shirt and being told we have a problem as we dress manly!!. I find it so hard i suppose as i love that side to understand why women find it such a problem especially when they love that person. Sorry i know its hard for other women i do get it if its been suddenly put on them and they werent expecting it but the reality is this is the person you married or love ..they havent changed who they are just what they are wearing! Just enjoy being with that person and enjoy the love...life is way too short xxxxx..rant over!!
    `There is no better way to find out if your taste in clothes is good than seeing somebody that dresses wearing the same outfit!!`

Sometimes plans just don't work out. Looks like you have a good attitude about it though. Be safe in your travels and try to enjoy the trip even though the home alone time would have been more enjoyable.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Minnie, where are all the other women like you? I can't find them.

oh Tina I know how you feel I really do my mother in law is staying with us for a month with 2 weeks down and 2 to go.
    I also take my wife when she works out of town We enjoy each other company and it makes it worth while. Even though I miss being home alone and dressed.

Soon very soon I will be back in the saddle again

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Banned Read only
    Sometimes the best laid plans just don't happen. There may be two points of view concerning your wife's request. One, she may really want your company and to minimize her travel times. Or, two, she may suspect you would spend the day as Tina. If I took off the day for a recovery for a medical procedure I would stay home. I don't know why your wife would not see it that way? Other than to intentionally mess up your femme time.

As I see it the "problem" is her total non acceptance. I can readily understand any woman reluctance to participate in her husband's cross dressing especially if it was not disclosed prior to the "I do." However, to say it is your "problem" is only an indication of ignorance. From your post I take it she thought going to a therapist would cure your "problem." Yes, your problem is not that you want to dress as a woman on occasion, but, her lack of understanding. If she had some willingness to accept this side of her husband, then her approach would have been to take the bus knowing she has allowed you to have some private time. My wife is not accepting of my cross dressing. Due to a visual impairment of depth perception she does not drive. She is a bus person. When she is out all day she always phones home to let me know she is on her way home. I don't know if she thinks I am en femme while she is away or it's just a courtesy to let me know to expect her.

Again I would have told her I needed to recuperate from the medical procedure. My wife does not recover quickly from any anesthesia. She recently had a colonoscopy and took the following day off to recover. I hope you do not have an accident driving her around instead of taking it easy.

If I had to guess, I’d say she had an inkling and invited you along as to not leave you home alone and “tempted”. Sorry fo your situation, I’m sure it’s fristrating.

Reality Check
    It's a shame when we look forward to our wives being away so we can dress. The point of getting married in the first place is to be with someone we love.

So, If there's any way you can tell your wife about your "hobby" and get her to accept it. that's the best way to go.
    Krisi

Thank you Minnie, Jaylyn, Leann, and Stephanie - I know that plans change, but it always feels like they do only on those occasions where I might be able to dress. As for my wife's point of view, she really would prefer my company and not have to deal with the bus times. Now the trip is only 80 minutes each way, so rather than her leaving at 10:30 am and returning at 11:00 pm, we won't leave until 2:00 pm and will be back by 9-9:30, depending on our dinner plans. As far as my recovery, she asked me this morning if I felt up to it, which I do, I'm not going to lie to her about that. So I just chalk this day up to a missed chance and anticipate the next one.

---

Krisi, I get that viewpoint, but it's also nice to do things that you enjoy by yourself. I would never insist that she do something she doesn't like just so we are together. So knowing that she doesn't accept my CD'ing means that I have to find those times for myself.
    Last edited by Tina Davis; 11-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    Minnie, where are all the other women like you? I can't find them.
    Wish i knew Majella as could do with finding one as get bored with the ones i know waffling on about the he men they like and how big his six pack is lol...xxxx

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by TimidTina View Post
    Thank you Minnie, Jaylyn, Leann, and Stephanie - I know that plans change, but it always feels like they do only on those occasions where I might be able to dress. As for my wife's point of view, she really would prefer my company and not have to deal with the bus times. Now the trip is only 80 minutes each way, so rather than her leaving at 10:30 am and returning at 11:00 pm, we won't leave until 2:00 pm and will be back by 9-9:30, depending on our dinner plans. As far as my recovery, she asked me this morning if I felt up to it, which I do, I'm not going to lie to her about that. So I just chalk this day up to a missed chance and anticipate the next one.

---

Krisi, I get that viewpoint, but it's also nice to do things that you enjoy by yourself. I would never insist that she do something she doesn't like just so we are together. So knowing that she doesn't accept my CD'ing means that I have to find those times for myself.
    Hope you get another chance soon Tina xxxxxxxxxxx
    `There is no better way to find out if your taste in clothes is good than seeing somebody that dresses wearing the same outfit!!`

Oh, Tina that sucks sorry. I have been in a very similar situation for a long time. I was married to a woman for 10 years that it was not an option to come out to as a CD. She gave me the preemptive "I'd divorce any man that was a crossdresser" talk early in our marriage. She didn't know I crossdressed, but I'm sure she suspected I might. I loved her and loved being with her, so I chose to stay in the closet during the marriage. The marriage ended for reasons completely unrelated to my CD'ing and she never found out.

In any event, just wanted to give you a little support from someone who has made it work being in the closet. I was able to find times to be me, and you will to. I'm glad you enjoy this site and hearing from others. I also enjoyed this place when I was forced into the closet.

Now I'm in a great new place in my life and able to me as much as I want. Best wishes to you and your wife!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimidTina View Post
    I should have known better to get my hopes up.
    Story of my life.. I do sympathise.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 11-08-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I've had a couple of similar experiences lately, so can totally sympathize. After eagerly anticipating some time alone in the house to be Sandra, either my wife or one of the kids has changed their plan, foiling mine. All you can we do is say "DOH!" and wait for the next opportunity. This is the life we face living in the closet.

Hope the next opportunity is not too far away for you.

That’s a bummer, Tina. I’m sorry for you. Hopefully, you’ll find some time soon. I don’t know if this will help you, but from time to time, maybe just tell her you need a mental health day, take a day off work, when you know she won’t be around, and just let her know you need some time to yourself. If she asks why, refer her to the episode of Rules of Engagement, when Jeff takes a Jeff day. Tell her you’re just gonna sit in your underwear, watch football, and drink beer. Or whatever you prefer to do. Then, make sure she gets to have her own mental health day as well.
    Just a thought, maybe it will help. I’ve absolutely used this before to get out of things like your day trip.

Banned Read only
    Tina,
    There comes a point where it wears thin it stops being funny and the frustration is unbearable .

That is what happened when I made the comment about the intervals between my social meetings being too far apart, the conversation finally reached the point where the decision was made to separate . It just became clear that the whole situation was never going to improve .

Whether my wife still loves me or not is difficult to say but she doesn't love this part of me , again it's more than a hobby to contend with, it's an integral part of me . At some point that point has be made clear and accepted by both otherwise the outcome is inevitable .

Thanks also to Leelou, Diane, Sandra, Foxy, and Teresa - it's good to hear from all of you. I know another time will come to show my female side to the world. Teresa, I've read your posts and can say that I have not reached the point in my journey where I would dress every day and live full-time as Tina. I don't think I ever will. But just to be able to dress and go out more than once or twice a year would be good, and to meet others from here for a GNO is a major goal of mine.

Tina, best wishes for more dressing time! I have been slack and have not planned any time out among the muggles! I must get on the ball! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I feel bad for you getting your hopes up and then having them dashed by last minute changes of plans. You are on a one way street here but sometimes you need to change lanes and be yourself even if it's only for a little while. I wish you the best..........

The thing is, nature abhors a vacuum and since you don't feel you can disclose your plans, that time looks wide open to others and they have no reason not to fill it. So you're kinda depending on chance. Maybe you should have an activity of some kind on record. "Oh, since you're going to be away for 10-12 hours, I guess I'll plan to put a fresh coat of paint on the aardvark for the nativity scene and then do some glass etching." Now your time is filled. (Of course, she might wonder why the aardvark is still looking shoddy when she gets home. )
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I know, I know, trust me I know. If you read most of my last post I'm the king of venting here. It just doesn't seem to amaze me that things always seem to change to our disadvantage. There will be other opportunities but we always think about the one lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    If I had to guess, I’d say she had an inkling and invited you along as to not leave you home alone and “tempted”. Sorry fo your situation, I’m sure it’s fristrating.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Definitely a shame after you get your hopes up. Most of the fun is in the planning.

Thanks Lana Mae, Diane T, Pat, Maria, and Shelley for your well wishes. As to Micki's comment, it may be in the back of her mind, but I know that she didn't want to ride the bus back and forth. And for Pat, I was supposed to be working from home, although I ended up taking a sick day. So yes, the time got filled, but I wouldn't have tried to get out of driving her when I know how uncomfortable she is riding the bus.

Back to planning my outfits for the next time...

I know the frustration and lost chances when the wife knows but doesn't think about fairness to give us equal share of our own time to do what they know makes us happy and prefer to see us miserable by helping them. A fair wife would see this makes us happy, be glad that a chance need will take them away and not have to be present when we dress, by their choice to not see. So you noted yourself, you will be the good husband. When will she be the good wife?
    Hugs, Ellen

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Being in a DADT situation, I've already had the discussion about needing the opportunity to express my female side. Now, it's clear that my proclivity is not going to crowd out anything else for the sake of selfishness. I get the time and privacy that I need (generally) due to different schedules and interests. We have a very loving relationship and spend most times together. One night every week, she has an outside interest that gives me uninterrupted Carla time for about three hours. She knows that I'll be dressed because I always ask for a courtesy call when she's on the way home. I had just that needed time recently.

But, you know what's worse than having your plans shredded? It's when you get right up to the golden zone and you're just not in the mood. And that's what happened. The dreaded CD malaise. I just didn't feel like all of the work investment that goes into an adventure. Even after all of the anticipation and planning. But, I did enjoy a night of just watching Netflix and relaxing. And, there will be other times.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 11-09-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Good morning Tina, I feel your pain, I am a closet case too. Taking a day off of work to dress only to have plans change at the last minute. All you can do is plan for another day sometimes weeks in advance. Take care, Brenda