Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So we're no perverts but regular normal people..

So we're no perverts but regular normal people..

July Danica Forms, first trasgender woman to be elected for office in Washington. DC.
    As Hanna says in her blog web, we're one step closer.
    Yes! So people can see we're normal persons, so go ahead try, look, fight for your rights, freedom and get out the closet.
    Life won't be easier but at least nobody will say we're not honest.
    There is a link so read more about Danica...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...108-story.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devi SM; 11-08-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes, saw this and was quite happy
    I really hope people begin to understand that Trans does not mean an agenda but it’s real people just trying to live
    their lives as best they can
    Rachael

I haven’t stopped smiling about this since I heard the news. I even wrote to Danica today to express my congratulations.
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.

I betcha the people in the neighborhood I just moved from are having a candlelight vigil because the world is going to hell in a handbasket. LOL

When I came out and they heard I was trans they assumed it meant that I was a pedophile. You just can't fix stupid.

At my table at the Transgender Unity Banquet there was a transwoman who is running for state representative for a district in the Houston area. Also at the banquet was Phyllis Frye the transgender city judge in Houston.

Danica's opponent, the incumbent, said she was unnatural. She looks pretty good to me. LOL LOL

Well done.
    we had our own girl in politics, a great lady and a great mayor.

Wikipedia.......
    Georgina Beyer (born November 1957) is a New Zealand politician and former Labour Party Member of Parliament.
    She was the world's first openly transsexual mayor, as well as the world's first openly transsexual Member of Parliament.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Vanessa, Danic Roem is not going to Washington, but the Virginia House of Delegates, i.e., state legislature.. Still a win.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    What was really icing on the cake was that she beat a guy who was a self described homophobe and sponsored bathroom bills. YES!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    As a conservative patriot I can only see this as a good thing.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Yay!
    I'm so happy one of our own .
    Life is about growth, never stop being curious.

Aspiring Member
    Very good news, I admire her courage and drive.

I was pleased to see her win especially as she was so badly and wrongly maligned by her opponent.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    In politics we need honest hard working people who are willing to be the servants of all the people within their elected jurisdiction. It shouldn't matter who, or what they are, or were. They have a job to do and should be judged according to their ability, what they are doing for the people, not their race, religion, colour, creed, sex, or sexuality!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Speak for yourself, Vanessa!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Vanessa,
    Even being in the UK it has to be good news, lets hope she doesn't face a witch hunt behind the scenes.

The one I'm waiting for are TGs/TSs as everyday presenters , a news reader, weather reporter , not so much hamming it up in a quiz show or other programs but accepted as a face of the news , weather, a job that both men and women do so why not one of us .

In other words make us normal in the eyes of the public and not the current media stereotype .

Do not leave out the two TG persons who won in Minn! One was the first TG person of color to win in Minn! Do not have the article in front of me but I believe she was obviously M-F but the other I think was F-M! Congrats to all who won and may they move on and up! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

We already have India Willoughby Teresa reading the news on Channel 5.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    At my table at the Transgender Unity Banquet there was a transwoman who is running for state representative for a district in the Houston area.
    You must mean Fran Watson - http://www.franwatsonfortexas.com/bio She is running for the Texas State Senate, from my district. She is a pistol and just what Austin needs.

Vanessa, thanks for posting the link about Virginia State Representative-elect Danica Roem. As Lana Mae points out, we should also note that a transwoman has been elected to the city council in Minneapolis, MN. I view both elections as very positive sign.

Still a long way to go, but these ladies are lighting the way. Let us all do what we can to prepare the path for others. I'm going to have to give Frannie's campaign HQ a call...

The best thing about Danica's victory was not just that she beat a self described "homophobe" (although that alone is enough!). But apparently she ran a campaign on issues of transportation and roads. Her opponent would not debate her, insulted her and would only refer to her with male pronouns. She decided to speak about the issues important to her fellow Virginians and they decided to give her a chance.

Banned Read only
    Some day the only criteria for holding public office will be the best person for the job, whether the person is straight, gay or lesbian, transsexual, etc. I find it somewhat scary that once again a big time anti anybody who is not totally straight has been accused of being a hypocrite; Roy Moore of Alabama who has been accused of having a sexual relationship when he was in his 30's with a 14 year old girl. Frankly, outing these hypocrites aids in the cause for equal rights for all sexual minorities.

I did notice that every news source went out of it's way to mention that the candidates were transgendered. So we're not considered 'normal' just yet. But at least we're making progress.

But as always, often it comes down to voting for the lesser of two evils. I don't know about each of the races that 'our' person won, but I'm betting that the opposition was a true jerk to an enormous extent.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm encouraged by all these various races and campaigns and the forward movement that seems to be taking place. I don't know if I'll live long enough for us to be considered normal by most people, but I am an optimist for such.

When talking about normal, two expressions come to mind. I believe it is someone on this forum that runs the bi-line, "Normal is just a setting on a dryer" and another is a decoration one of my kids has at their house that says "Remember, to everyone else, we're just a normal family"
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

It was a great week for tg's. Which means I believe a great week for everyone. Of course we're normal but everyone here already knows that.

I think Danica's win could do so much all over the country to forward the cause of us being seen as just people and not "things". Apparently she will be all about issues that concern everybody, not just trans issues, and her trans-ness will not drive her every waking moment. For all the good that the last few years of trans exposure has done, this is the kind of thing that normalizes it in such a big way.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The irony was what struck me at first.
    Really happy she won, now if she can just work for the people and not turn into a self serving politician lining her pockets with money.
    I fear she will fall into the swamp with all the others.

If you think she will be a champion for your rights if you live in that state don't hold your breath.

Platinum Member
    Wonderful! I’m not inclined towards cynicism. I have great hopes and expectations for Danica.