Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a beard

Oh, Richelle, you look great! Thanks for posting the pic to this thread, definitely a good response to the OP.

I too keep a full beard and will continue to do so because without it it wouldn't be me. I like being a guy, it's just as simple as that. With that said, I'm a man in a dress. I wear women's clothes because I like the feeling and it helps me to express some parts of me. It completes me. I know it would be jarring to see me dressed in completely feminine clothing. I'm not trying to pass or even emulate a woman for that matter, no padding, makeup or breastforms; it wouldn't be who I am. Although I have to say that I like wearing bras, but only those that don't make me appear to have breasts.

there is a fellow in greenwich, hudson st with a cool guy fawkes (trim) who wears skirts and high heel boots --great look for "him" --it just possible that crossdressing needs to evolve to wearing what a person want w/o the concept of "passing" as a "she" --which i think it creates more misunderstanding that crossdressers wants men.

Silver Member
    No beard or mustache here. But I'm completely in love with how I feel getting put into the world wearing a skirt and top outfit and the right shoes to complete the ensemble. As a man in a dress, I don't try to pass as a woman, and I might not look "right" to everyone. But I'll say this. I love how I look when I'm put together. I feel its my best possible look, and thanks to the SAs that have tutored me, my look is better than I ever thought possible. You might not agree if you were to see me, but I feel confident and that helps me sell it.

Banned Read only
    HarleyGirl,
    No it's not for me, it's too much of a contradiction , maybe I don't pass but being told I look convincing as a woman by GGs is wonderful , no way it's going to happen with facial hair. I know it would attract more attention and lead to adverse comments , my needs are to dress like a woman and live a life in that mode .

I'm the same way... no desire to pass, just like wearing women's clothes.

I too have a beard and mustache and I haven't cut my hair in almost a year.

Each to their own... I have not comment on beards but Harleygirl you say you used to try pass, but now gave up on that. In my opinion not many people pass ie someone will always work us out.. but most of us can blend ie go about our business largely unnoticed.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I have a goatee that I love in guy mode and wish I could remove in girl mode. My wife loves my facial hair way too much and it's the least I could do with all the love, compassion, support, and acceptance she has given me. She isn't forcing me to keep it, I keep it because of what I listed.

I too have a goatee that my wife loves. Keeping it for my wife is the very least I can do. I used to dress for the look but over time I now just dress for the feeling anyway. I no longer have skirts and dresses. Sportswear and bras and panties is where I am now. I'm happy with that.

You should read my thread "Are you a miad?". I have just brought it up to the front.
    I have always been a miad. I have facial hair and do not emulate a woman. I wear clothes that I like and that make me comfortable. Does wearing a skirt make me look like a woman? No, look around and you'll see lots of women wearing not skirts but trousers.
    In reply to Minnie I have no desire to ever use makup, wigs or bras.
    I am strictly a man and therefore my clothes are man's clothes not woman's.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    I You just need to do what pleases you and don't worry about others.
    I think that is the essence of crossdressing. I'm a miad because that pleases me and I don't have to conform to what others think.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I have a goatee and mustache, but I still love to dress! Facial hair or not, it doesn't stop me from glamming it up!

Yes I too have a mustache have had for many years my wife says no to shaving it off It is her way of having me stay inside oh she knows I dress and doesn't like it at all.
    but I have found a way around it a mask since it is cold and flu season or is coming fast upon us. I have a mask I wear yes that is the one in my profile picture does it draw attention maybe I don't want to get sick. just a thought

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I wore a mustache for years until I started to enjoy using make up. It just made things difficult so I shaved it off. As the others say here, do what works for you and if maintaining facial hair is working, great. I wish I were that strong (or could grow a reasonable beard).

When I go out I'm fairly self conscious and want to give off as many feminine cues as possible, hoping I can be around the corner and out of sight before they turn to say "What was that?" I try my best to look as little like a man as possible. Even then I'm only approaching the idea of blending. So when I say I'd probably not go walking down the street or through a mall with you, it's not a sign that I disapprove, it indicates I'm still not accepting myself well enough yet. I see it as "blowing my cover" and attracting attention I'm not strong enough to take. There are other environments where I have enjoyed spending time with someone crossdressed and wearing a full beard, but if I was attempting to merge with the flow, I'd be lying to you if I said I'd be hanging close by.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sarah,
    This is the problem many crossdressers face. How to look female yet being a male. We, miads, do not imitate women and therefore we are males who just like to wear different clothes. Since wearing a skirt and a beard might look strange to the general public we do not go out and stay home.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

HarleyGirl wrote: I saw a website, and now I can’t find it to share with you guys, but when I find it again I’ll share it
    Any luck finding it? It sounds intriguing.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Until a few days ago, I had not seen my chin for the beter part of a decade...and I did not shave my body ever since I met R. She likes the hair. She also convinced me that she likes me happy and relaxed more...so...off it came. Some folks at work are going to be a little suprised this morning.

R. is of the opinion that I have been hiding behind it....maybe so. There is much I do not understand as yet.

I am a very large competitive powerlifter, I=unril a few months ago I had a beard that went to my nipples, had to shave it for a job , I still dressed in private and in front of my wife with it..I just love the feel ad the swish of female clothes and lingerie ...so rock it!!! no i didnt do any makeup or wigs at the time of having a beard, now that i am clean shaving I did pull out the makeup and wigs..I do like to feel pretty
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!

I also have a mustache and goatee that my wife loves. I don't plan on going out so keeping it won't be a problem for me. Just a MIAD here I guess though when I dress I still like to be as fem as possible considering the circumstances. It doesn't really matter anyway since I couldn't pass regardless.

I have long hair ,without a mustache and goatee I have a feminine look. Don’t get me wrong that’s great. Problem is I am big guy 230/6’4” and I am in a masculine business.
    I shave from time to time . People remark “ you look just like you mother” it’s great !
    I enjoy the feel and freedom of my female side I just wish I wasn’t it the closest. My life can’t weather that revelation right now. But who knows about the future.
    So I dress when the opportunity presents itself, and enjoy my life. Wearing a different color panty each day of the week !
    Life is grand!!

on a journey
    It feels weird to think about it now, but I had a beard all the time until about 5 years ago (I'm 62). Now, I can't stand having any facial hair and I started electrolysis 2 month ago - only 2 more years and it will be all gone.

The sun has not shone on my chin for 40 years, but I've been shaving my legs for the last 25. My wife is afraid that if I shave my beard I'll do the whole makeup and wig thing and go out trying to pass. She might be right. I've occasionally worn a skirt out in public as a man with little to no reaction.

I too am rocking a soup strainer and chin warmer.
    There is no way in the world I could ever pass, well, maybe if somebody squinted really hard and used a lot of imagination.
    I've always marched to my own drummer and do not care what people think. I have the classic barrel chest, monster arms, hands the size of hams and a voice tone and pitch that makes the dishes rattle. No one has talked down to or given me any guff about anything since I was 14 or 15.
    I do not dress for anyone except myself, I enjoy the cut, look and feeling of women's clothes - always have. I wear what I like, what is comfy and enjoy it.

Banned Read only
    I've had a beard on and off ever since I was in college, and though I say it myself, I look good with it as a man. My wife always liked it too, since that's the way I looked when we first met.

Just the same, I have to admit I can't look feminine with a beard. So it's a tradeoff. There was a long period in the middle of our marriage when I went without a beard, and dressed frequently at home. This included the time when our daughter was born, so my wife's memory of me always tended to include the beard, while our daughter's memory of me as a little girl was clean-shaven.

As our daughter grew up, I stopped dressing openly at home, and I felt free to grow my beard again. But I'm sorry to say I lost my wife three years ago, and our daughter has now "left the nest." That left me living on my own, but one consolation is that I feel freer to dress whenever I like. To take advantage of the opportunity to look more feminine once again, I've now shaved my beard off. If I hadn't done that, I could never have gone grocery shopping dressed, as I did on Halloween last year.

Mind you, I still think the beard makes me look better as a male, more "distinguished" if you like in my senior years. But life is full of tradeoffs, and this is where I am right now, beardless and enjoying the more feminine look that's only possible for the clean-shaven!
    Last edited by Marianne S; 12-01-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Heather 1970 wrote:
    I do not dress for anyone except myself, I enjoy the cut, look and feeling of women's clothes - always have. I wear what I like, what is comfy and enjoy it.
    That's exactly why I consider myself a "miad".
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress