Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a beard

Having a beard

I used to try and pass, and no matter how perfect my makeup was or whatever, there was no denying that I was a guy and I’m ok with that. I actually enjoy being a straight male, I just enjoy women’s clothes. So I decided to grow a beard for the first time ever, I want a long masculine one. But I still want to wear women’s clothes. I saw a website, and now I can’t find it to share with you guys, but when I find it again I’ll share it, but the guy just wear women’s clothes for the comfort. No fake breasts and no bra I think and it looked good. This is what I want to do.

I have a full beard, and wear clothes purchased from the ‘other side of the aisle’. But although there are no rules at home, when I venture out the clothing appears androgynous. A close inspection would reveal the buttons are on the wrong side and the pants pockets are much smaller, etc. But I recognize how jarring it is for a bearded man in his mid-60s to be wearing clearly feminine attire. At home I can be dressed in any way that makes me comfortable. But when I leave home, I just want to blend as best I can. It’s not easy finding the clothes that work, but shopping those aisles is part of the fun. Enjoy what you can!

I had a goatee beard since 1995 and a mustache sense the 70s. I realized earlier this year that I hated the beard and the mustache and shaved them off. The Shaving in small part is part of my coming out.

As I have said before, I have met two men in skirts. Both times they were totally comfortable with how they are. This was out in public. I'm like a magnetic, people come up to me and just start talking. I don't mind, I'm use to it. I don't try to blend , I do try and look my best. Some people will notice, some will stare. I'm aware of them, it's just something you have to get use to. It's part of looking like a girl, and/or being differant. Just Jean

Reality Check
    OK, fine. That serves to prove that we are not all alike and that there are many varieties of crossdressing and crossdressers.

Personally, I am on the other side. Clean shaven and trying to pass buy it's all OK.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyGirl View Post
    ...but the guy just wear women’s clothes for the comfort. No fake breasts and no bra I think and it looked good. This is what I want to do.
    So are you doing that? If not, why not? You wouldn't be the first.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I'm right there with Saralee. Been wearing "androgynous" clothes for years. Keep to the dark side and stay away from lace or polished fabrics and you can pretty much wear anything. I really enjoy winter tho. Under a coat, you can wear anything; lace, polished fabrics, nothing over your bra or buster, whatever!

If there is a look which pleases you take that look and work with it, we each have our own look, I do!

You do what you want to do.

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

At least you know what you want. Now, just go do it. You will always find support here Brenda

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    My crossdressing is quite diverse, so every blue moon I do sport facial hair while being crossdressed for a coffee meet up or for a local crossdressing meeting. My feminine attire choice when presenting this way is quite different than my usual sheath dresses or Victorian dresses. Usually I wear patterned tights, jean skirt, and ankle boots (which all are rare for me to wear in other crossdressing modes) paired up with my usual tshirt tops and baseball cap. I do desire to be able to present more professional look like Paul Duane https://www.paulduane.net/cdma/ and hopefully am to do so in the new year

I would say go for it. That is Maid (man in a dress). We have a couple here that cut the pathway. They look good and wear their stuff with pride.
    Part Time Girl

GG
    This is helping me to see the different sides of CDs as with my past friends and relationships it has been all about looking like a female but i am seeing now that there are those that just love the feeling of wearing the clothes and keeping the male side there too. Its not really rocket science and i should have realised that but you are all helping me to see things better now and that everyone is different. I suppose its just the same as me dressing up in my clothes i wouldnt particularly go out in which i love...not all the time do i want to put the make up on that i would usually wear with it for the full so called right look.. i just enjoy wearing it and the sensation it gives me of feeling so different to my everyday clothes that are pretty mundane and dont forget even us GGs have to pluck and shave ....even we dont come totally smooth! xx
    `There is no better way to find out if your taste in clothes is good than seeing somebody that dresses wearing the same outfit!!`

Minnietheminx, you get it exactly. Some of us identify as gender non-binary, and find we can ease the anxiety it brings at times, as well as to better unify our internal feelings and their outward expression in any number of ways. Not all of us are uncomfortable seeing ourselves as a ‘man in a dress’ (ie, MIAD), for we just see ourselves reflected. And it is a very diverse group!

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahleeNH View Post
    Minnietheminx, you get it exactly. Some of us identify as gender non-binary, and find we can ease the anxiety it brings at times, as well as to better unify our internal feelings and their outward expression in any number of ways. Not all of us are uncomfortable seeing ourselves as a ‘man in a dress’ (ie, MIAD), for we just see ourselves reflected. And it is a very diverse group!
    Im getting there! It has taken me to come on here to realise it, as of course i havent really come across that side as yet only those wanting to be totally female but yes i understand.
    I hate saying i love latex being a GG as people just think im wiered and kinky and put me in pervey catagory even though i have stunning dresses in it... but yes i love latex clothing for the feel of it pretty much like some of you ladies love the feel of certain fabrics against your skin that you dont get to wear all the time but us GGs do. For me its the same sensation as i dont get to wear that every day or out and about...but on the same level i dont always want to put on the make up that would be suited to that outfit i just want to enjoy the feeling of it against my skin and the image it gives me on my body in the mirror...if that makes sense.x x
    `There is no better way to find out if your taste in clothes is good than seeing somebody that dresses wearing the same outfit!!`

Aspiring Member
    I have a beard and have had for many years. I can't pass anyway, too tall. So I don't try, I dress at home. And that is just the way it is. I think if I could pass it might be fun to go out, but it isn't going to happen so I accept things the way they are. Sherrii

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrii View Post
    I have a beard and have had for many years. I can't pass anyway, too tall. So I don't try, I dress at home. And that is just the way it is. I think if I could pass it might be fun to go out, but it isn't going to happen so I accept things the way they are. Sherrii
    Can i ask Sherrii as this is a learning curve for me at the moment to better understand this side and i know you say you dont try ... but have you ever dressed and worn makeup without the beard? I know you say your height wouldnt let you pass but i am just wondering if you have tried that side without or does it just not entertain you its more just for the feeling..just with you sayng you would like to go out as to weather despite your height you have tried it?

Sorry this isnt to say go and do it or i think you should im just wanting to understand this side better as if i lucky enough to find a CD relationship in the future i need to see the different sides of it and i dont want to ever make the mistake if somebody i met had a beard of saying oh id love to see you in make up etc ..as i say its a learning curve for me at the moment to the different sides of dressing xxxx
    Last edited by Minnietheminx; 11-09-2017 at 11:42 AM. Reason: edited to explain my question

Banned Read only
    Where I totally lost my wife to the concept of a man wearing women's clothing was over a bra. Our daughter, who was three at the time, pulled open the bottom draw of my armoire and pulled out a vivid red Vanity Fair bra. She asked, in general terms, "Why would a man want to wear a bra when he has nothing to pack into it?" Good point. If it is just the pretty clothes or the feel of the fabric, then have facial hair. Whatever floats your boat. I am not passable at all. Perhaps wearing a bra is some sort of protective psychological crutch for me. If I am going to wear women's clothing, then making myself as passable as possible is an attempt to fool myself?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wear womens clothes all day everyday in guy mode just not skirts and dresses but casual womens clothes.
    Nobody says anything or even cares for that matter.
    Do they notice? I'm sure they do but I don't care.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I currently have a closely trimmed moustache, and chin whiskers which my wife likes. No big deal, I wear my clothes according to what I like. In this order, I like nylon panties, lingerie, pantihose, and skirts, I don't wear skirts outside the house. I will sometimes wear a bra without anything other than what I have naturally, because I like that snug feeling on my chest. You just need to do what pleases you and don't worry about others.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I would say go for it. That is Maid (man in a dress). We have a couple here that cut the pathway. They look good and wear their stuff with pride.
    I agree, Dana. I think that our members that have been posting about MIAD look great and I really enjoy reading those threads. I admire their confidence, because I need that confidence when I go out dressed in much the same way. I've been read as a crossdresser when out and I'm OK with that. It really is similar.

So to the OP, go for it! Grow out that beard and keep wearing those clothes!
    Last edited by Leelou; 11-09-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Whatever floats your boat, I have no qualms about being seen in public with you but I prefer to show a feminine appearance when out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just recently I went to a hotel pool in a sapphire blue one piece bathing suit... goatee, hairy chest, bald spot and all. It was almost time for the pool to close so I wasn't expecting any onlookers to stop by. However one did. The lady from the front desk stopped in to bring a supply of clean towels.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I had a full beard and stash for the 6 events I attended over Halloween!
    Here's how I looked:

23031244_171101286804080_5299175065501018447_n (2).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I just posted a picture today of myself still wearing a moustache.. this is a cropped version of me.. My wife wants me to keep my facial hair and beard too which I shaved for a few days to get a new start on. I do that occasionally just to see what I look like under there lol Attachment 284231

Gold Member
    I have had a Mustache for over 30 years. It is who I am, and everyone knows me with it.
    Now I also love to wear woman's clothes. I nuder dress with a bra for over 5 years. I wear
    Woman's Jeans almost every day, and a man's Polo shirt. It hides the Bra, so no one knows
    what I am wearing. I feel that I am at least partially dressed; after all, you do not see much
    in the way of dresses or skirts on the every day GG. So I guess I kind of fit in.
    I wish I could once go out dressed up to the hilt. It would be a "Bucket" wish.
    Rader