Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great night girl watching!

Would not necessarily call it girl watching but real time learning! Perhaps real time You Tube.

The term "girl watching" doesn't seem right in this context. To me that carries a sense of seeking a mate. I think of it more as "looking for inspiration" (or "Competitive analysis" ) I'm looking for people who are like me in some way (height, small boobs, square face, etc.) who present well and help me understand how I can improve my own look. When I was playing guy in the business world, I'd see the same behavior amongst men checking out the other men's suits, shoes, etc. trying to find looks that put them across better. I was just never interested in looking like them. So in that regard, I think this is probably more a human behavior than a gendered one.

Edit: d'oh! Laura got in ahead of me and said the same thing more succinctly.
    Last edited by Pat; 11-10-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I too like watching women to gauge there styles, clothing, accessories, etc. I often look for ones that are my height, age and build to see how they pull it off. I have on occasion noted the height of a taller woman to some nearby marker, and then walked up to it to see how I compare. I am always worried a bit about my height if I were to dress on the outside. I also seem to go from obsession to obsession. For a while I might be fascinated by shoes, then it may switch to glasses or hairstyles. I am always happy to see a woman that resembles me in many aspects and pulls it off beautifully.
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

I do frequently and think did they look in a mirror before going out because I see so many huge fashion mistakes made by GG either wrong coulors or most often I look at a woman and think no that does nothing for you at all, maybe we have a more critical view/outlook on fashion because we always want to look the best.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Dressed as a guy I can survey the women walking by and I rarely earn a glance.

A relatively anonymous occupation I think.

Shopping for lingerie, I am a little self conscious.

Dressed as a girl I look at women, survey them and acknowledge smiles returned after eye contact.

Must be careful that I am not seen casting a critical eye over them.

Shopping for lingerie?

Do it with impunity, it's great to be dressed. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    I do frequently and think did they look in a mirror before going out because I see so many huge fashion mistakes made by GG either wrong coulors or most often I look at a woman and think no that does nothing for you at all, maybe we have a more critical view/outlook on fashion because we always want to look the best.
    Bobbi -- I think there you've gone from inspiration to judging. Perhaps they are dressing to their own standard that is different than yours. Maybe they like those colors together. To me it's OK to think "I'd have done that differently" but not to think "You did that wrong." Maybe it's the residual hippie in me.

Personally, I don't want to look "the best" I want to look reasonable for what I'm doing. I'm perfectly happy having someone else look the best. I'm introvert and don't want the attention.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

You bet I love walking down the isle pushing the shopping cart as my wife shops for groceries. I just follow her around like a little puppy dog and eyeing all the women and how they dress. It's so funny that some almost if not for the makeup or maybe one a purse you'd think they were men. Then there are those over the top dressers nice dress heels and perfect nails and makeup. Usually depending on the store there will be some GG that are just slouchy dressed and I think oh you don't know what your missing by not wearing this or that type of dresses or tops. I guess we sometimes are looked at by the FTMs and they think how lucky we are to wear what we are wearing. I know I do think just the opposite about the MTF. Good post Lana

Alice-Sorry did not mean to make you sad!
    Ilene-Yes, I have had an experience where I had to determine lust or fashion!
    Aunt Kelly-Sorry did not mean to scare you! LOL
    Becky-Oh, yeah!
    Tina-Isn't it fun?
    Aunt Hazel-There were a lot of boots in this sample!
    Stephanie-This place is interesting as I once saw a young lady in above the knee dress with 5-6" heels going to WalMart! (She was having no problems either!)
    Joni-That is funny, I must have the grand dad factor as many of the ladies smile at me when I smile at them! (Most are way too young for me! LOL)
    Michelle-This was not planned and usually is not! Just enjoying the sights! LOL
    Julie-Yes here it was the whole range! Pantyhose, tights, leggings, bare legs and everything else you can imagine! I just like to look and enjoy!
    Laura-You are just changing the labels! LOL It is still just old fashioned girl watching! LOL
    Pat-I have not looked to men for any fashion sense! It is more fun to call it girl watching even if it is not quite the correct terminology! LOL
    Traci-I have noted that tall women do not appear self-conscious of it! Stand tall and get your girl on!
    Bobbi-Yes some do look like a train wreck but that just might be their style! Running or yoga pants with a sloppy tee shirt or tunic top! Some just go for that very casual look!
    Beverly-I try not to look critical of anyone! Yes I get eye contact and smiles when in male mode! Not out enough en femme to tell yet!
    Pat-Yes I am also an introvert and want to blend into the background! Although, sometimes... Hmmmm
    Jaylyn-Thanks! I shop alone as the wife passed away two years ago, but I enjoy myself! I saw a young lady the other day in Walmart, she had on a way too tight skirt and high heeled boots! I had a back view and all you could see was her wiggling backside! I am not sure if I wanted to be her or felt sorry for her! And she was walking so fast-she needed to slow down and enjoy herself!
    Thanks everyone!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 11-10-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Yes and no. Given that I have lived with 3 sisters and then a wife and 2 daughters, no real need. But, alas, I still take mental notes when I see an outfit I like.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Lana Mae, I was just to the grocery store this evening. Despite the rather chilly temps, I couldn’t help but notice a nice woman wearing wedge sandals (way too cold for those), nicely fitted jeans and a beautiful hanging asymmetrical hemmed sweater. I wanted to be wearing everything she had. I had to hang around the deli a little more just to continue viewing her well put together outfit.

Aspiring Member
    I enjoy looking at women and what they are wearing. It's good for ideas and also (as if I need this) often reminds me of why I like doing it so much.

Kandi-I was an only child! Mom was sort of girly! My wife and daughter were/are more tomboyish! Girl watching-yeah!
    Traci-I know that feeling and have had it many times!
    Charlotte-Yes that is a plus!
    Thanks for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    There is often another angle to some threads , while you talk about , " Girl watching !" for whatever reason , when out dressed we are the ones being watched and as I found discussed at times , if you recall my thread about a couple debating what gender I was while having my tea in a hotel lounge area .

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    In a similar vein to Teresa, I sometimes see women who may have slightly manly features, and wonder, maybe.....
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Whenever I go out in drab I'm always looking at women just to see what they are wearing so I can get ideas about what I should wear at my age. I'm always looking at women to see how they do their makeup

These days for the most part I just happen to notice when I'm out shopping with my GF or whatever. I look also to see what both my TG and GG friends are currently wearing on Facebook.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    "Girl watching" is fun and can be educational as far as fashion goes, but you have to be careful that you don't come off as so creepy old guy following women around in a store. There's a fine line between seeing a woman and staring at a woman and that line is in the woman's mind so it's hard for us to know where it is.

If I'm shopping, it's often with my wife. I may notice a woman for various reasons. My wife will notice her also and then grin at me.
    Krisi

Teresa-That could very well be! We are not the only ones out there! LOL
    Diane-I see those manly women! It just makes me feel it is OK to be out there! Most I see are actually women!
    Celee-That is girl watching in this community!
    Kate-I am out and about a lot! Doing everyday things!
    Krisi-I do not follow them around but do a broad survey type thing and then glance at those of special interest! I try extremely hard not to stare!
    Thanks for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana , Very interesting watching girls at the market, shopping in the mall...It has been my hobby for years.

Specially my age to see their hair , earings, clothing and their behaviour .

Rayleen-Yes it is good for our presentation!
    Thanks for you response!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I enjoy going to one of the big malls near seattle, I make a day of it, I dress tomboy/girl as usual and watch the many women there ,figures clothes etc, the one thing I have noticed is women seldom do themselves up anymore to go shopping ,so I get a good variety of fashion and a lot at figures too wondering how I would look with their figure

I totally relate... My wife and I were at a function at the university the other day. A special day for the students and most all the girls were dressed to impress! I couldn't help but dream a little about how nice it would be to have such a figure and wear some of the dresses they were wearing. Mostly short, like really short... but very pretty. And the shoes... Oh, to dream..
    Molly

My favorite spots are the benches in the park areas between office buildings during lunchtime. Oh, and in any common area during rush hour in mass transit terminals, they're loaded with cute women commuters. Food courts at the malls, get a seat near the entrances to the inside of the mall, the girls have to walk right past to get in and out, and if you're on the edges, you can watch those who are just walking past without eating, too.
    Did I mention the boardwalk during the summer? Ohhhh, heaven.

You don't have to be creepy about it. Don't stare for any length of time, but following a beautiful woman with your eyes as she walks past is certainly no crime. Despite the remarks to the contrary, they dress that way for a reason: https://youtu.be/I_eJTQblH-E?t=28m59s In one minute, Eliza explains why it's impossible for a man to know whether a woman wants him to look at her, or will think it's offensive, because WE cannot know which category she will put us into. Watching (without making any lewd remarks or gestures) is harmless.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I work on a college campus - I get to girl-watch every day and get paid for it!