Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If there were no prejudice, would you trade your male clothes for female ones ?

If there was no prejudice at all, including my SO!, I would be dancing in the streets with my skirt swirling! and most of my man clothes would be donated to charity - although, I would keep a few pairs of jeans and T-shirts for dirty yard work and other messy jobs!

I would blend the male and female looks a little with more emphasis on the female. If you look at the way most women dress today it would include perhaps jeans and a blouse but the hair style would be feminine and the make-up would be present along with jewelry and ear rings. That would be me some of the time. I grow my hair long but do not have it dressed in a feminine style and I would love to do that. Also while I do wear some jewelry even with my male dress I would like to wear more. Frankly I would probably dress in such a way as to look androgynous most of the time but fully feminine in dresses etc. the rest. What would be really nice is just the chance to dress in whatever style one fancies.

Consuelo...I really like your thinking, it make us dream and yours is wonderful...thanks for posting.

Absolutely. I would love to be able to wear skirts, pretty tops and heels whenever I want. I can’t say I’d wear them every day, but it would be more than 50% of the time. I would also have all my body hair removed and breast augmentation.

Maybe! I already mix the two! Need the male for work but if there was no prejudice then...I could be a female nurse! I wear female jeans, flats or sneakers and a male/unisex tee shirt on most days when not working! It would be nice to slip on a bra and some forms, make up and a wig and go for it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

If you mean would I like to switch from being seen as and old homely out of shape man, to becoming an old homely out of shape crossdressed man, I suppose the answer to that would be, NO. What's the point of going through all that trouble? It wouldn't change my life in any way for the better. And I couldn't wear the current style and age female clothes to work anyway.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Absolutely!

No. I'm happy to be a guy and dress up occasionally.

Faster then you could sat yes Rayleen. I'd be so walking down the street in a dress and heel.
    Angie

I pretty much already have. all my clothes are feminine. There is a lot of unisex clothing in the women's department. I have never raised an eyebrow on the way I dress. Even at church or a work place. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I would, but still need some house chore / handyperson clothes - beat up jeans and shirt I don't mind getting paint splatter, sawdust, and dirt on. They could be women's jeans.
    Hugs, Ellen

Absolutely, although I wouldn't consider it "trading" men's for women's. Other than my male-cut suits and a few other things, those "men's clothes" aren't that different from what many women wear ever day -- jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, even dress shirts. The woman versions of those clothes differ in subtle ways, like fit (stretchy jeans), reversed buttons, fabric and color, but in many cases they were originally designed for men. There have been threads on this site about the irony in how a woman can wear jeans (once primarily guy clothes) cowboy boots, and work shirts and not be questioned about their sexuality, but let a guy put on a skirt and walk down the street in heels, and heads turn. Oh well, I'd rather have all options available, and I do love wearing skirts and silky blouses. But I also like my hunting boots and camo.

Silver Member
    I have done it. Down to virtually no guy clothes.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Absolutely
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I know I would dress up all the time. That would be awesome!

In the perfect world, I would dress in women's clothes, but most of the time without the wig and makeup. The main reason I wear the wig and makeup is to blend in. Having said that, there would still be times I would want to go all the way in presenting as a woman.

My goal for society is for people to be accepted with however they want to present themselves.

Sami

My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com

+1 on the blended vote. I would still like wearing male clothes when needed for the "dirty jobs," but it would be pleasant to slip into a blouse, skirt, and comfortable heels to relax in afterwards.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    The trouble is, as long as there are clothes designed exclusively for either gender there will consequently be prejudice against wearing the wrong ones, just as there would be if you used an articulated lorry to run the kids to school (the wrong type of car in peoples mind). For there not to be prejudice all clothes would need to be unisex, in which case it would be impossible to cross dress in the first place. Of course, for forum members who 'pass', there is no prejudice in any case since in the publics eye they are just a woman in womens clothes. To cross dress they would need to don makeup, wig and forms/padding and then where mens clothes which again would not lead to predjudice because women cross dress in such a manner all the time (it being considered as dressing practically rather than crossdressing when a woman does it). Did that make sense, I think I lost myself there for a minute.
    Daisy x

In a heartbeat, I have never liked male clothes.

Yes I'd do it for sure. I love the soft feel of my feminine wardrobe in contrast to my guys clothes. Definitely yes.

To quote others...in a heartbeat!

I absolutely would. I'd also transition completely if it wasn't for my children. 😢

Over the years as my male clothes got old and needed to be replaced I would buy the female style to replace them. I NOW HAVE ABOUT 90% of clothes are female. The only male ones are the ones my wife buys for me.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Even if prejudice didn't exist, I'd still want to dress as I please, when I please.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    The trouble is, as long as there are clothes designed exclusively for either gender there will consequently be prejudice against wearing the wrong ones, just as there would be if you used an articulated lorry to run the kids to school (the wrong type of car in peoples mind). For there not to be prejudice all clothes would need to be unisex, in which case it would be impossible to cross dress in the first place. Of course, for forum members who 'pass', there is no prejudice in any case since in the publics eye they are just a woman in womens clothes. To cross dress they would need to don makeup, wig and forms/padding and then where mens clothes which again would not lead to predjudice because women cross dress in such a manner all the time (it being considered as dressing practically rather than crossdressing when a woman does it). Did that make sense, I think I lost myself there for a minute.
    Daisy x
    Daisy, Your answer make a whole lot of sense, sure wish it was unisex and we might not see it tomorrow.
    but hope it slowly make its way. What we need is a new type of designers in clothing that promote clothing
    that would be unisex and every gender would fit in. Does my idea make sense.

Rayleen