Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If there were no prejudice, would you trade your male clothes for female ones ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question If there were no prejudice, would you trade your male clothes for female ones ?

I tough about it for a while and my answer would be yes, the reasons: I would be more myself and a happier person for sure.

Of course, I would consult my partner, but I think there would not be any problems.

I have already for the most part.
    About 80% of my wardrobe is feminine and most of the rest is required by work.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

There a very interesting answers for the reasons that some only enjoy dressing up , and others that have inclination to be full time in female clothe.

For me a yes for the reason that I hate dressing in mens attire for most my life, I feel if in feminine attire, I feel younger and happier and my state of mind change from dark to light.

I would blend the male and female looks a little with more emphasis on the female. If you look at the way most women dress today it would include perhaps jeans and a blouse but the hair style would be feminine and the make-up would be present along with jewelry and ear rings. That would be me some of the time. I grow my hair long but do not have it dressed in a feminine style and I would love to do that. Also while I do wear some jewelry even with my male dress I would like to wear more. Frankly I would probably dress in such a way as to look androgynous most of the time but fully feminine in dresses etc. the rest. What would be really nice is just the chance to dress in whatever style one fancies.

Consuelo...I really like your thinking, it make us dream and yours is wonderful...thanks for posting.

Yes except for work clothes.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Yes, I would wear woman's cloths, just so many more choices and colors,etc

Oh yes totally in a heart beat.

Already did. If there had been no prejudice, I probably would have done it sooner, but I think most people who are out became that way because they reached a point where need outweighed the potential prejudice. If that bar was lower, I think more people would jump it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

That is a very interesting question. I do enjoy women's clothing a lot. If I did would I want to be considered a woman? Or would I just be a man in a dress? I think I would swap every other day. I am also very comfortable with my male image and I wouldn't want to let that go. This question can also go deeper. Say your spouse is ok with your dressing then the relationship would stay the status quo, wouldn't it? However, if your spouse is not ok with it, would you have ended up with that person in the first place if they have seen you in women's clothing? It's a really great question that can foster a ton of different answers and thoughts. Then again the question was without prejudice but is preference prejudice? I don't know just rambling on here. You did get me thinking though.
    [FO

Silver Member
    I think I would dress in a blended look some times, sometimes all female and certainly sometimes male. The differences being maybe not doing the full makeup, hair...things i do now to blend.

I’ve almost completely gotten rid of my male clothes as well. I dress in a blended look, mostly feminine every day already, so of course my answer is yes!!!!!
    I’m so much happier!!!!

In a heartbeat.

Aspiring Member
    Yes I would trade my male clothing for more ladies clothing and wear the clothing 7/365. When I retire, I will retain some token male clothes but the main wardrobe will be women's attire.

YES yES and you bet

I'd mix the 2
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Maybe! I already mix the two! Need the male for work but if there was no prejudice then...I could be a female nurse! I wear female jeans, flats or sneakers and a male/unisex tee shirt on most days when not working! It would be nice to slip on a bra and some forms, make up and a wig and go for it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

If you mean would I like to switch from being seen as and old homely out of shape man, to becoming an old homely out of shape crossdressed man, I suppose the answer to that would be, NO. What's the point of going through all that trouble? It wouldn't change my life in any way for the better. And I couldn't wear the current style and age female clothes to work anyway.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Absolutely!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I'm going with Sarasometimes on this one, I would have a blend of what I like from both sides of the closet. Feminine under (lingerie), guy on top (shirt), girl on bottom (skirt and hose), with comfortable guy shoes.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

It wouldn't be 100% but close. There would be times that I would have no male clothes on but not when I had no female clothes on.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I already have for the most part as I only dress male for work.

If there were no prejudice including from my spouse and employer, yes I would trade male clothes for female clothes and my male identity for a female identity 24/7.

I have. the only guy clothes I have at home are a few t shirts I wear to work. I present male at work. Other then my t-shirt , the jeans and shoes are women's, that I wear to work.

So in a few months it will be two years I've been living this way. I still love getting dressed, as much as I ever have .

I would, but still need some house chore / handyperson clothes - beat up jeans and shirt I don't mind getting paint splatter, sawdust, and dirt on. They could be women's jeans.
    Hugs, Ellen