Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does your female wardrobe compare to your wife/GF's?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

How does your female wardrobe compare to your wife/GF's?

Are there any big differences? Close similarities?

Does one own way more of something than the other? Evenly matched? And is either wardrobe, as a whole, larger than the other?

Differences/similarities in styles, colors, prints, sizes, price, etc.?

Has either of you ever gotten the other "hooked" on a certain article/style of clothing, so much so that they start buying more of that for themselves?

You know, things of that nature.

Also, what's the rule (spoken or unspoken), if any, regarding trying on / borrowing things from one another?

Just curious. Thanks in advance!

I have 1 dress, one skirt w/matching blouse, several pairs of panties. That's all. I'm in a dadt situation. Spouse has tons more clothes.

My wife and i are both uber feminine so our clothing styles goes to that direction. Both of us own lots of skirts, dresses, blouses, leggings, lingerie in all types of fabrics. I actually have more shoes than she does.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have way more panties and lingerie than my wife, hands down. I also have more skirts than my wife, I don't think that she has any at the moment. I don't have any dresses though. In the shoe department, I have more pairs of heels too. She almost never wears pantihose, so I guess I have her beat there also.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My wife is quite practical when it come to clothes, so I have the more girly wardrobe (for my CD stuff.) She often jokes that I'm the girly one. Looking at each of our panty drawers mine is chock full of lace, bows, and ruffles while hers are not quite so much.

One nice thing is we're the same size in shoes and she doesn't care if I borrow them. I still ask anyway because it seems like the right thing to do.

We're both into shopping for cute and fun leggings.

Sometimes when we're out she'll pick up something and say, "should I get these?" And then wink and whisper, "they're not for me."

J

I think me and my partners wardrobes are quite similar. A lot of it tends to lean to the active wear side of things. Tights, sports bras etc. even though I would like to sometime wear more "girly" stuff, I think it's easier for my SO to deal with if what we wear is similar in fashion. At least that way she can't complain about my style!

Well depends..........My wife hands down has way more regular women's clothes (tops, dresses, skirts, pants etc). Bras and panties we are running close to each other. Shoes she wins hands down. (not even close). I win the panty hose race. We share nail polish but if we were to own up to who owns what I may be close there as well.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

No comparison : she got more bras, shoes , and jewelry for sure.

I have 4 bras, variety colored panties, hoses, and quite a few leggings witch is my favorite.

I have 4 blouses, 3 skirts, 1 jean skirt, and several nighty shirts . no heels..I cant get use to them.

I have 2 wigs, 2 pairs clip on earings,a variety of lipstick , cream powder and brushes.

we dont have nail polish, so don't like it.

I will play but my wife passed away two years ago!
    I have more women's clothes than she ever had! Panties-her=less than 10 LM =more than 10 Bras-her=2 or 3 LM=4-5 Skirts-her=2 LM=4-5 Dresses-her=2 LM=5+ She was a tomboy and wore a very comfortable style but could get dressed up if the occassion required it! En femme I would be more skirt oriented than she! She did wear pantyhose with skirts or dresses! She mostly wore elastic waist pants for comfort!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My female wardrobe reflects the age that I feel 'stuck' in; forever like a teenage girl, waiting for god to fix me by making me into a woman. So nearly all of my wardrobe is what an adolescent school age girl would wear. The adult women I date wear age appropriate clothing for women, along with some male attire if they get the desire to do so because of the activity they will be taking part in.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My wardrobe is totally different from my wifes. She never wears dresses, skirts or heels, and likes comfy baggy clothes. As she is on the larger size she says that's all she can wear. I've tried to persuade her other wise but she won't have it. I have far more underwear than her, 60 plus dresses compared to her none, several 4 inch heels compared to the flats she now always wears. And I never wear anything of hers, not even her perfume.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I have more clothes of almost every type that she has, sometimes enormously so. Like I must have 10 or 20 times more panties than she does. She also tends to the more casual and monochrome than I do. I have a lot of very cute colorful dresses and evening wear, I guess because I have places to wear it. I like bright colors and sequins so they make a big appearance in my wardrobe. She likes black and more monochrome colors.

She's lost some weight recently and she may be very close to my typical size. Too bad for her that we have a DADT relationship, because that way she can't even see what I wear. There was a time when she dressed for business and she had some beautiful skirt suits that I might have tried on. But right now, there are very few things in her closet that I'd even be interested in wearing.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My wife has more clothes, socks and shoes than I do. I think I have more lingerie than she does. She's never, as far as I know, borrowed anything from me as we are DADT. I have never borrowed anything from her. Our style choices are different. She's more of a pants and loose fitting clothes person and I'm an around the knee length skirt, legging, yoga pants person.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

She has the walk in closet I have a small closet in the laundry room. I have more dresses, tights, pantyhose and panties. For the most part no sharing but there are occasional exceptions. My style is more dressy, she's more casual.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I have about 30 dresses, 30 skirts, many blouses and tops, 10 pairs of heels, my wife has none of that. My wardrobe is probably 3 times as big as hers.

Massive difference here! Similar in volume only!

I'm mainly in Technicolor my wife is in Black!
    I'm mainly in Florals my wife is in Black patterned!
    There is a pattern here!

I have one black bra, panties, stockings & shoes. I may get "Hooked" on Black!

I'm not a borrower, I will give items away but not lend them, well I would lend accessories I guess!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

When I first met my fiancee, she only wore dresses, very girly. Due to weight gain and health issues, she mostly wears pants and can't wear heels. I only wear dresses. Can't borrow I'm 6'2 she is 4'10.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife has more clothes in general than I do. I have no female pants or leggings (don't like them). All of my femme-wear is skirts and dresses. I am almost eight inches taller than my wife, so on the whole if I try and borrow her stuff it tends to be too small, although width wise we are of similar sizes, so some things swap. If she doesn't mind my stuff being longer she can wear it easily, except undergarments and shoes. She has way more shoes, if we count boots (she's a boot girl, and I am not...like at all). Bras, hosiery, etc. we are just not even close. We freely swap any make-up. We are the same shade of foundation during the summertime when she is more tan. Once in awhile she will ask me to do her contouring for her

She does borrow clothing sometimes, as a lot of what I possess is a bit more dressy than her stuff on average. She also borrows accessories a lot as we have similar tastes. She always asks first, although I have told her it isn't necessary. Having had older sisters, my wife says it makes her feel weird if she doesn't ask me, or at least inform me when she is using something of mine. Personally, I find it pretty awesome when she wants to borrow my stuff.

The first time she borrowed a dress was last Christmas. We went to Midnight Mass, and I left before her to drive across town to pick up my mother. My wife was gong to meet us at church so I could take my mom home afterwards. My wife texts me that she isn't liking anything she has tried on, and would it be okay to borrow my red-orange sweater dresses. I texted back that it was fine (of course), and it was secretly thrilling to see her looking so pretty in one of my outfits.

We joke every once in awhile about how neither of us ever thought that she would be thanking her husband for letting her borrow one of his dresses.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Our wardrobe styles, tastes, colors, etc. are about the same. Her wardrobe is much larger than mine We both like bolder colors which makes buying things easy. Three exceptions: My bras are all underwires, hers are soft cups. I wear stockings most of the time. She doesn’t wear nylons. I have all my own makeup, nail polish and perfume. We are different sizes, but occasionally she will borrow some of my things, which is OK. She used to ask, but I told her to feel free to borrow anytime. It works well.

We can't share due to size difference. Her wardrobe is massive and grows weekly. Mine is minimal, but grows periodically. She wears slacks, I wear skirts and dresses. We both enjoy wearing jewelry.

Karen

Banned Read only
    Overall I have more underwear and she has more outerwear and shoes. As for styles they are very similar and my wife frequently borrows items from me.

My wife blows me out of the water in sheer volume, but there are categories that I win at. First she has a minimal selection of cotton panties in black, white and beige. About a dozen pairs. I on the other hand have about 200 pairs of panties of all colors and fabrics. She cannot understand why anyone needs that many and I cannot understand how you can't love the huge selection woman have. I have many more bras as well, as I got lots of them inexpensively at the thrift stores and I love bras. She has just a couple that she rotates. Again, quite plain. I find many bras to be a work of art with all their details and trimmings.

After that, her closet is jammed with tops, pants, and dresses (that don't get worn much at all these days) The clothes for her keep coming in bags galore. My dresses, pants and skirts are far more limited. We share nothing as she hates the whole CD thing and sort of only tolerates it. She is quite overweight these days and thus our sizes are similar, except she's petite and I frequently need talls.
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

I have way more skirts and shoes. And we do borrow back and forth.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    My wife primarily wears jeans and tops and athletic shoes. She does not wear heels due to a fused toe. Her undergarments run the range of Hanes cotton white briefs. Her bras are nude and very plain. I only wear dresses of which at last count I have 159. Her? Maybe a dozen, but, she only wears them to funerals. I have scores of colorful panties. I have way too many bras. I have a thing for nylon full slips of which I have over 400. I have more than a dozen heels. I have shapewear galore. She has none. Why so much? I suspect, since I am in a DADT marriage, rather than beating my head against a wall because I cannot be en femme as often as I want or need I engage in retail therapy.

When my wife was still alive, all I did in the way of dressing was to wear panties under my male clothes, plus I had a small gym bag with a blouse, a skirt, panty hose, shoes, and a wig and padded bra, to do a full female look at home and in private, when I had some 'alone time'. I didn't even own any makeup yet, and still had a full beard. My preference for panties were silky and bikini cut styles from Vanity Fair, while my wife preferred more practical plain white cotton panties in a full cut. She accepted my wearing panties, but didn't want me borrowing any of hers. That was easy, since hers were not my size (she wore one size bigger in panties, and a band size for bras that was much too small for me), and I liked my styles better. The only clothing items that we ever shared were some unisex or male t-shirts and sweatshirts.

Fast forward to after she passed away, and I came out and started fully dressing and going out in public. I lost the beard and learned to do good makeup - better than my wife ever had bothered with except for very fancy occasions. My wardrobe, after 6 months of being single again, easily exceeded what my wife used to own. More shoes, more clothes, more purses and accessories, and more jewelry - especially earrings - than she had ever owned (and been able to fit into) at any point in our marriage. While she dressed pretty casually, and had a few nice outfits suitable for a formal occasion, my selection ranged from jeans and t-shirts to sexy clubwear that my wife could/would never have worn in public! My choices tend to be more trendy, and more feminine and coordinated, than what she wore on anything but very special occasions. I'm 60, but I dress like a woman in her late 20's to mid 40's, with a good sense of style, and I dress appropriately to the venue (and I can and do pass for a woman in that age range, when fully made up). She had a much more 'practical' but limited selection of clothes, with a focus on comfort and practicality. Her day to day clothes were jeans or sweat pants and a t-shirt. She only wore dresses or skirts for more 'fancy' occasions, like going out to a nice restaurant for dinner. She also didn't wear or own very much jewelry.

I'm out to my adult daughter, who lives with me still. My daughter dresses much like her mom did on a day to day basis, but she's learned from me to dress better for going out for dinner and social occasions. (And I was the one who taught my daughter how to walk in high heels!) She occasionally borrows my skirts, blouses or panty hose! I haven't yet borrowed any of her clothes. We do not share panties (although we could), nor do we share bras (wrong band size). We also can't share shoes (nowhere near the right size). I have more clothes/shoes than my daughter, but not by much. Her preference in panties is for bikini-style cotton prints. We have similar preferences when it comes to more feminine blouses or skirts.
    Last edited by Ceera; 11-13-2017 at 12:40 PM.