Thread: The first time you heard or read about....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The first time you heard or read about....

Recently i was reading a book by Trans woman about her journey. She recalls as a little boy the moment she read about a Person who underwent a 'sex change' as they called it in those days and how suddenly things started making sense.

My question is when did you first hear/read/learn about CDing/Trans/Whatever and how did it impact on you?

We subscribed to a weekly magazine, that you collected and put into binders. The magazine was like a mini encyclopedia. I must have been around 12 or 13 and there was an article. I cannot remember what the article was on, but there was a couple of paragraphs about men who dress as women - called transvestites in those days. The paragraphs included a very small picture of 3 transvestites, the picture was tiny and blurry and did not show much at all. This was the 70's the article was very factual in nature and tone. I was fascinated by this and must have read those few paragraphs 1,000 times and stared at the picture. I don't think at any stage I thought this is me or anything like that, but I was totally fascinated with the concept. I cannot recall if this was before or after I first tried on my mothers clothes....But it had a huge impact on me.
    Last edited by Becky Blue; 11-12-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec