Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a total closet case anymore, I met a sister for coffee!

Not a total closet case anymore, I met a sister for coffee!

Hi All,

I met a sister on this online forum and when we found out that we lived fairly close to each other we decided to try to meet. I told her that I like Mondays and she notified me that she had a Monday coming up that we could meet on.
    I was very excited to actually meet someone and replied “Yes! When and where?, Are we meeting enfemme or in drab?” A place and time was set and then I read the single word sentence “Enfemme”.
    My reply was “OMG, am I really going to do this? Adrenaline rush, fear, panic... Ok, the worst thing that can happen is she will give me some pointers on what not to do. Now where to go and what to wear? I only have cheap wigs... OMG what was I thinking! What will you be wearing? I was thinking of a skirt, hose, and flats. To blend I should wear jeans…. I will be there, I will be enfemme. I am 5' 8" and 57 years old (really! Am I really 57!) and black hair.”
    I couldn’t have asked for a better meeting. We shared a hug, she was very respectful of my fear and near panic, we sat and shared coffee and conversation for about an hour. I have never gone to a counter to order anything before and knew I didn’t blend but went up to order a coffee and realized I left my purse at the table, went back and picked up some money from my purse thinking that no woman would have forgotten her purse, the SA was very nice and complimented me on my skirt, I said thank you and went back to sit with my new sister. Later we went to “Over The Rainbow Transformations” (also in our area) and met the owner who was a wonderfully open and caring person. I will be going back!

A perfect outing to bring me out of the closet.

Thank you for letting me share,

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Wow, that sounds like an amazing experience! I'm glad you had such a good time. Thank you so much for sharing.

Elizabeth

That's so awesome! You have every right to be proud. And, yes, women leave their purses behind all the time. Don't worry about it. Hopefully, this is the start of something great for you. Congratulations.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

That's awesome Brenda. You go girl.
    Angie

It is nice to meet others from here no matter how dressed.

Banned Read only
    Brenda,
    I'm so pleased you accepted the invitation and decided to meet up, it really is a great experience meeting other CDers .

I understand the mild panic attack, what to wear will my makeup and wig be up to the mark ? One thing I will say, once you've done it , I find it focuses you more on the complete look , that's why I enjoy shopping so much now , going out has given a meaning to dressing , the right outfit for the right occasion .

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Glad you had an enjoyable experience.
    And the villagers didn't chase after you with torches and pitchforks. Now you know how easy it is to go out dressed.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Sounds like an amazing time

Sounds like an amazing time. I totally understand your fear and panic. I want to go out so bad, however I do not know any other members in my area (IleneD is close) but I do not get much free time.
    Anyways thanks for the encouragement and congrats on the amazing day.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Brenda, Glad you got out. Sounds like you had a good time.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    I first met a forum sister for coffee in drab, she in fem. Next meeting I was also in fem. How exciting! I know how you felt... wonderful! Now may be the time to invest in a nice wig, 'cause you're gonna need it for future outings.

Wonderful Brenda, very happy for you that everything went so well.
    Like a lady

Really happy for you Brenda, hope it's the 1st of many outings to come.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

WOW! thats great i want to do that myself before i die .im working on me cant wait to do it

Not that the worst is over with, all future days out will be so much easier. Glad you had a friend along to help you through it.
    Zoey

Congrats!! You did it! Now get a good wig and do it again! It is wonderful to meet others from the forum! Best wishes for getting out more! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

getting out the first time is an exciting scary event, glad you made it, congratulations. Over the rainbow is where I learned about make up and clothes and a lot about what I wanted, such a wonderful supporting resource and close to home helps! You are on your way!

Aspiring Member
    Brenda,

Great story; many thanks for sharing it.

Silver Member
    Brenda,

I can't really add much more to the comments here, but I am happy for you. You described it so well, reading it was like being there! Good for you.

congratz, the first time is the hardest....they will get easier and easier as you grow accustomed.....just enjoy each time even if you think your making little mistakes, no one is perfect....hopefully your circle of friends will grow....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Thanks for sharing, it's really great to read a positive story and I could almost feel your excitement just reading your words. I'm in the closet but who knows what tomorrow holds and maybe one day I will venture out but always reluctant to meet up with strangers. But reading a lot of stories here and most meetings with other sisters were always in a positive note. One thing I know forsure that we all have in common is, once we take a step forward we never step back. Looking forward to reading more steps forward from you. Thanks for sharing

Aspiring Member
    Brenda,

Well done, and thanks for sharing. I am a friend of Victoria, owner of Over the Rainbow in Tigard, OR. Yes...she is great.

Honestly, I envy anyone living in the Portland area. IMHO...Portland would be a wonderful place to be given how progressive and tolerant most people are.

Thanks for sharing your lovely story Brenda, so glad you had such a great time.. many more adventures to follow I am sure.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

What a lovely post. So pleased for you and it will one the door to lots of new adventures now you have been in put into the real world - it’s not so bad out there if you can blend in x

Hey great to hear and the more positive stories of first outings im sure will inspire others to do the same.