Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found the first Road Bump

Found the first Road Bump

A few nights ago I sent a few texts to my fiancée with prices for different breast forms ($559.95,$224.95,$179.95) and had been saying I was going to purchase a set since I had recently gotten a pay bump at work. She joked about it and said no until we have a bit more money saved up. It was the answer I was expecting, no way she’d let me spend that out of nowhere. Now last night I had asked her if we could go shopping at the mall and she didn’t mind. We each picked up a shirt and than went out to diner. When we got home we were messing around and she had made the comment on her own bust saying “they were hers.” I responded with “well you won’t let me get my own so they’re mine too.” She wasn’t mad at the comment but seemed irate. I asked her about it and her response was that it seemed like i was trying to be “Too Feminine / realistic.” I didn’t quite get what she meant so I pressed on. It seems like in her mind that is a step too close to becoming a trans. I’ll want breast forms which will lead to wanting plastic surgery which may lead to srs. I could understand how she might think that but I reassured her that I didn’t have the intention of having srs. So for the time being it looks like I’m sticking to stockings full of rice haha! Like I said it’s the first road bump I’ve hit and I’m more than happy to take it slow and steady until she feels comfortable. I just wanted to share.

~Side Note~
    For some reason in her mind it’s okay to bring up a makeup artist on YouTube that had SRS and documented her own journey stating “I thought you might have been interested in seeing it” but breast forms are a no-no. That’s proabbaly a story for a different time though haha.

I guess I see where she is coming from as things like breast forms may be a "gateway drug" to being trans, but not everyone who uses them is trans and takes that road all the way to SRS.

Also, where are you seeing breast forms for $200-600? I got mine for about $40 from amazon!

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katiej1989 View Post
    I guess I see where she is coming from as things like breast forms may be a "gateway drug" to being trans, but not everyone who uses them is trans and takes that road all the way to SRS.

Also, where are you seeing breast forms for $200-600? I got mine for about $40 from amazon!
    I'm guessing those are medical grade ones, and like everything in the medical industry the price is jacked up well past its actual cost. Like an insurance covered mastectomy bra that costs 300 bucks.

Anyway I see your wife's point, but I would argue that there is a world of difference between breastforms and srs. I think getting both ear's pierced is a far more serious issue then buying breastforms, or at least normal priced ones.

When I told my wife I was buying some she said, "Why don't you just stuff your bra with socks like a regular person."

Even as a CDer myself, I have had no want or desire to buy or wear breast forms. Sure they make you look a bit more feminine, but just knowing that it's a piece of plastic which you are sticking on the front of your chest just really puts me off. Also, I imagine it would not be very attractive to be with somebody who wears breast forms. Say your in a club and there's some hot chick/dude checking you out. You hook up and get back to their room and it's like "oh hang on a sec, just Goto peel off these plastic chicken fillets off my chest"... Would be a real turn off for me. You don't need big boobs to feel like a woman. Many women are basically flat-cheated and it doesn't make them any less of a girl. Just OTT IMO

And I can see her point where you said you need to treat her boobs like yours because you don't have any of your own. It just seems like you are very desperate to wear them, and to bring them up while having a sexy time would be a turn off too. She's probably thinking that for you to legitimately be jealous of her boobs means you must REALLY want them bad...

Don't mean to come across as rude or anything. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Kas; 11-13-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Banned Read only
    OK, I'm on the cheap. Large packages of big balloons from Wal-Mart are fine for me. What does concern me about your post is her comment that you were trying to look too feminine or realistic. I hope she is not going to do a 180 degree turnaround after you get married. I can understand waiting to spend that amount of money on forms, if you're trying to sock away some dollars for necessities around the house, like a new sofa.

Well one thing is for sure you have a great attitude, I believe you gave yourself the best advice to take it slow. Pushing issues just leads to them having resentment and hatred.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Emily, u sound "young" to me. In which case, how do u know u won't consider SRS in 10 years? Or, 20? Or, 40? You're girlfriend may be long gone by then. But, she may not be thinking about that now if she cares about u. And, u may not be thinking about that either!
    In the meantime, I suggest u take it slow with her. But, move ahead incrementally as long as u can. Delaying a blow up in your relationship as long as possible.

Until then, I find water balloons doubled up to be more realistic than rice boobs. And, u can buy solid silicone, medical grade silicone forms starting at $125 from femskin.com. Google it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You might also get some from Glamour Boutique they had some on sale for $49.00 and they are decent ones at least they'll work until you get some that's more of what you want. You might ask your fiancée if she would be ok with that. Reassure her they are just for play time with you and her. Also her taking it slow and saving money is not what I consider a road bump it's common sense.

Patience grasshopper.. my rice boobs were some of the best times. I got some Envy ones through Amazon. For a C they sure seem like a D. Glamour Boutique does have good ones with nice weight and “hang” at some point I will probably get them. I believe 350 gram seemed good for me
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Miy SO don't want me to buy breast forms either or wear a wig. I grew my hair long. She told me to be a natural girl. So I have push up bras and long hair. she got my ears pierced and well natural girl. I would never have SRS and we watched an operation on SRS and wow I sure would not put my woody threw that. I have B sized breast and it is enough.
    Part Time Girl

Im not sure why either... but if my husband wanted to buy breast forms... it would make me a little uncomfortable too... I think I like it best being as natural as possible as Dana said... We use a fitted padded push up bra (AA cup) and a uniqlo tank top with the attached bra section. It looks very natural and dont need to stuff it with anything... but thats just my husband...... good luck to you! Hope everything works out!

I wanted forms too, but the price, even at $59 was too high. I got a nice t-shirt bra, cut out the cups and sewed up the seams and filled it in with Beany Baby filling. Not bad. I also have several from upholstery foam, Not too bad either. and saved a lot of money, for dresses.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Silver Member
    I've always had breast tissue that gave me projection on the order of a small C cup. My wife doesn't like to have intimate relationship while I wear a bra. She says it comes to close to being with another woman. On the other hand I wear a bra most of the time.

It took a bit for my wife to get past the breast forms too. For awhile she just wouldn't look at me or be around me when I was wearing a bra. Not sure if she got used to it or if I wore her down but she is ok with it now but will not be in physical contact with me while dressed. I'm fine with that. So, take your time and do not force anything, if you try and force it, it will likely not end well for you.

Sherry is right. That and you need to find out how far you are going to take this be for you get married, to be fair to her and yourself.

I don't think you are a transexual, which is at one end of the spectrum. I say this because a transexual hates their body , they want that thing removed or added period. From what you said I would put you more toward the simple crossdresser end. Still this is something you need to address before committing to spending the rest of your life with someone.

As far as forms I got mine from Janet's closet, via ebay, it was cheaper than buying they direct. I think I remember them being close to sixty dollars. I haven't used them for a couple of years.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Miy SO don't want me to buy breast forms either or wear a wig. I grew my hair long. She told me to be a natural girl. So I have push up bras and long hair. she got my ears pierced and well natural girl. I would never have SRS and we watched an operation on SRS and wow I sure would not put my woody threw that. I have B sized breast and it is enough.
    U use the word looking, "natural", Dana. I would say that looks, "androgenous".
    Many of us prefer to look more fem. Like, what I would call, "natural, feminine women".
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    U use the word looking, "natural", Dana. I would say that looks, "androgenous".
    Many of us prefer to look more fem. Like, what I would call, "natural, feminine women".
    I just don't know how anyone could feel "natural" with silicon, foam and padding stuck all over their body. If I were to wear breast forms or hip pads or anything like that, I would feel LESS femm because in the back of my mind I know it's all just artificial crap stuck onto my body. What happens when the clothes come off? That's why for me it would be HRT or nothing.
    Last edited by Kas; 11-14-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Banned Read only
    Emily,
    Her reasons are exactly the response I expected from my wife that is why I searched around for alternatives and came up with water filled balloons.
    I know all this has been said before but I found a single layer just didn't work, so found a way of getting one inside the other, I measure how much water I put in usually 7 ozs but no more than 8 gives me the right look and movement. I've since tried forms and hated them , up to that point I felt like a poor relation but discovered the balloons gave me more satisfaction than expensive forms. Despite what people say because they are double skinned and under very little pressure they last a long time, often well over a year. I've never had one burst yet and when I do try to dispose of them they are very difficult to split with scissors .

To take the point Kas makes my forms sit at the bottom om my bra and give what I have naturally a little boost , so part of what you see is me nothing stuck on , I have the same feelings about hip and butt padding , so I don't use them what you see is what you get I'm very happy with a natural look and my figure shape .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-14-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by katiej1989 View Post

Well, you get what you pay for. Anyone can plop some silicone in a mold and call the result a breast form. Buy yourself a quality pair and you'll never return to $40 made in China breast forms.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I just don't know how anyone could feel "natural" with silicon, foam and padding stuck all over their body. If I were to wear breast forms or hip pads or anything like that, I would feel LESS femm because in the back of my mind I know it's all just artificial crap stuck onto my body. What happens when the clothes come off? That's why for me it would be HRT or nothing.
    Without the breast forms and hip padding, you are just a "man in a dress" (not that there's anything wrong with that). Put on a quality set of forms and a quality set of padding and you'll look like a female. And at least for me, feel like a female. My forms stick to my chest and once they warm up they feel like part of my body. Same for my padding. It hides my male parts and gives me the female butt and hips.

Before I get any negative responses, I want to make it clear that when I say I feel like a female, I mean only in body. There's no confusion in my mind that I am actually one just by wearing boobs and hip padding.
    Krisi

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    As soon as we begin to explore our version of femininity we are in a kind of transition from standard issue male to something else. We don't know where we will end up but if you have another person in your life they are being dragged along with you on this journey. So when you find them attempting to slow you down in some way it could be they are uncomfortable with either what it's doing to you or what you are expecting them to do. You need to find out what her concerns are and attempt to address them the best you can. However, don't make promises you can't keep. Over the years I've described many things that were totally out of the question and many of those things are common now.

As for wearing forms, I love mine. Although I've started on a medicine that has a side effect of a little breast growth, it's not enough for me to fill any of the bras I wear. I have tops and dresses that look terrible if I don't have my forms in. I'm over 6' tall and with my wider shoulders, long arms and big hands the proportions just don't work without a moderate size breast form to properly balance the look. I also like the weight of the forms as they remind me to improve my posture, but it may be that I'm just used to it.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

There's really no need to spend that kind of money on breast forms. I paid $60 for mine (silicone) through Amazon and I couldn't be happier with them. They easily fit in any of my bras and they make me feel so wonderfully femme that I just couldn't do without them!
    That being said, I occasionally travel for work and I'm reluctant to pack any of my femme wear. I'm on an extended trip at the moment and it doesn't take long for me to miss my girly stuff. I picked up a couple pairs of panties, stockings, half slip and a cute lacey bralette for around $40 for the lot. I've really grown accustomed to a little bounce in my bra and to that end bought a couple of balloons, filled them with warm water and with a few minor bra strap adjustments was as happy as could be. I've got my boob bounce back and truthfully, I don't feel a great deal of difference between the water filled balloons and my breast forms.
    With the correct amount of water and the ability to adjust your bra, it's amazing how good your boobs can look and feel!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Banned Read only
    Erin,
    That's exactly how I feel, my double skinned ones really work well, the other point is you can make them in any colour, I have two sets in white for white bras and camis and a two pairs in black which I wear with a black bra, they also did a great job when I had to go bra less when wearing a strapless dress .

Breast forms were one of the firsst items I purchased when I started dressing and my wife was OK with my wearing them, including to bed on the nights I dress. I wear them to breakfast under a "T" shirt with no negative comments. Guess I am lucky in that aspect.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Whats everyone's favorite Breast Form store ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Teresa,
    That's a great idea to buy balloons to match your bra color, never even dawned on me ha ha! As it was, I bought pink but my bra was a lavender lace so it worked out ok!
    As I mentioned, they felt surprisingly good and it wasn't too difficult to get the bounce just right. I think it's a great solution for those just starting out or for those who dress primarily at home as I do. Not sure I'd go out clubbing with them but that's not me anyway.
    One thing that's on my boob bucket list is to buy some Hollister's adhesive and attach my silicone forms for the weekend at least. It would be wonderful to go braless with some really cute tank tops and to shower in them as well. I think that would be the ultimate "boob experience." Finding a whole weekend where I can stay en femme is the tricky part but I am still bound and determined to give myself that luxury!
    Kelly, (love your avatar) as far as favorite breast form stores go, I would have to say that "The Breastform Store" seems to offer the greatest selection (although pricey) and "Janet's Closet" would be a close second (their customer service is excellent) and while I have only bought cami's etc from Janet's, they are very helpful with reasonable pricing.
    Erin
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard