Thread: IPhone facial recognition

IPhone facial recognition

Just upgraded to the iPhone 10 and was curious if it would recognize both male and female mode. Got all dolled up and... opened right up! Not sure why but it gave me a little extra validation to my femme side. Just wanted to share. Thanks!

So you were outed by your phone? That's harsh.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I have heard the facial recognition on the iPhone X is crap. Some guy had his brother try to get into his phone and it worked. They were not twins.

Not to take anything away from your beautiful femm self : )

I heard a tech commentary on the radio today that they are already testing it with masks. So, let's say that it might not be perfect yet but it could be a great start to better security over the long run. It's funny that I have a thumb print set up on my iPhone 7 but still need to put my entry code in occasionally and when my thumb is cold or just recently dried the thumb print feature usually does not work.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    All that stuff is too high tech for me.
    Why would you want all that stuff?

Most facial recognition is based on width and dimension of the nose, eyes and mouth which doesn't change with makeup on.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I have heard the facial recognition on the iPhone X is crap. Some guy had his brother try to get into his phone and it worked. They were not twins.

Not to take anything away from your beautiful femm self : )
    I saw the video. It didn’t work at first, so the brother kept using the passcode. Eventually it did work because the software reacted as if it was changes to the phone owners face and adapted. This the expected behavior of the software.

Another company got in by using a mask, but they made it using the owners actual face. A girlfriend got into her guys phone by pointing it at him while he slept. So Apple deserves a little credit here. The exploits so far have required access to the original face, or a related face and passcode.

This comic sums up digital security: https://xkcd.com/538/

Knew it, beauty isn't just skin deep!

Idk about an IPhone, but my kids dont recognize female me
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.

Last week there was a story about a flight being diverted when a man’s wife opened his phone with his thumb while he napped. Apparently she saw that he was having an affair and essentially attacked him and wouldn’t stop screaming at him. A lot of girlfriends at work do admit to checking their guys phones every once in a while. Even though my phone now has facial recognition I still let my wife have the manual password.

Overall I do appreciate technology and take the good and bad that comes with it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Women do more than snoop on the man's phone while he is sleeping.
    They go thru his stuff just looking for anything.
    Seems they can't help it.

Wow, its best to secure your phone with your own password.

Also when having photos of yourself dressed up, be careful who get access to the camera.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    That is amazing. An AI validation of the complete you. I love it.

Here are some great passwords, better than facial recognition.

1234, 6666, anonymous, and any 4 numbers the same.

These are all used to secure credit cards and the like.

The fingerprint is fairly reliable technology but the gimmicky convenience of an I phone that can be used as a credit card worries me a little, you can't put it down, and if you do you may forget it. A credit card that has rfid disabled is still the safest way to go.

I still carry greenbacks for most transactions.

Yup! call me old fashioned but I like to know where my money goes. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Interesting. The software get more and more advanced. My Fidelity account has voice recognition that is evidently really good. So what happens if your TS and you work on a great female voice?

My experience as well.... and the difference between my evil twin and myself is pretty dramatic.... or so I thought!