Thread: An Unexpected Pleasure

An Unexpected Pleasure

One of my great frustrations with modern life is that so many women have given up wearing hosiery. Last night I encountered a delightful exception at the most unlikely place, a symphony concert.

My wife and I had seats in a stage box, looking directly down on one side of the orchestra. One of the flute players was a very attractive GG, wearing a long black gown. Early in the performance I noticed that when she leaned forward to play, it revealed that the skirt had a slit on the left side that went up to about the top of the knee. First just the knee itself would appear, then a little bit of inner thigh, then a little more thigh, then some shin, and in the best cases, the full lower leg.

And she was wearing beautiful black hose that appeared to be of very high quality.

When she finished playing, she would sit back and very discreetly move the right side of the skirt back over her leg. Then the whole process would be repeated when she played again. This went on through the entire evening. It was as if she was repeatedly teasing me with her very shapely leg.

I was reminded of Cole Porter's song, Anything Goes, that starts out:

In olden days a glimpse of stocking
    Was looked on as something shocking
    Now heaven knows
    Anything goes

What a great evening!

And how was the concert?

I'm not surprised that you would see a woman in nylons at a symphony. Symphony dress, especially for the orchestra, is usually pretty formal and formal attire is about the last bastion of hosiery.

Lacy PJs

Banned Read only
    I can't imagine why you would think a symphony would be an unlikely place to see women wearing pantyhose.

Considering the formal nature of a symphony I would imagine most of the women in attendance were wearing pantyhose.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.

I have to agree, a great evening. So did you even hear the music?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I can't imagine why you would think a symphony would be an unlikely place to see women wearing pantyhose.

Considering the formal nature of a symphony I would imagine most of the women in attendance were wearing pantyhose.
    Yes, that's true of course. But most in attendance didn't have great legs, and the flute player was an unintended "tease"

I would think plays or symphonies women are dressed up and looking good. With hose and everything. Sounds like a great evening.
    Part Time Girl

"Music? There was music playing? Sorry, I was distracted by a shapely leg in nylon ... again ..."

They do look terrific. I don't like wearing them though. It's like panties all over my legs.

Platinum Member
    I find that women wear hose to dress up, across all age spectrums. There just are a lot more casual setting than in the past

I will just say, I absolutely love nylons. The smother and silkier he better. Carry on.!!

I love stockings, and I'm finding out that wearing better stockings is better. Besides being more run resistant, they also look and feel so much better when they are of better quality. As said above, the silkier and smoother the better. and colors just make them better still.