Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crossdresser Vs Transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    If you think I am trolling, well that just makes me really disappointed in you as a moderator honestly. I believe a mod should have a non-biased opinion on these kind of issues but you obviously have a picked a "side".
    I quoted the exact words that I based that opinion on. If you have a problem with it, report the post and other moderators will decide if I have been immoderate. This is an emotionally charged thread for some of the participants and they're trying to discuss viewpoints they DO believe in.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

You still don't get it, pat.

It doesn't matter what I do or do not believe in because it is irrelevant.

I was not giving my opinion, I was giving a fact. The fact is that many people in the general public are going to define words by how they are defined in things like the dictionary, Wikipedia etc. If I have no idea what a transsexual is and I decide to google what it means, it's going to give me the Dictionary/wiki definition and I will take that as its true meaning (even though it may not be in everyone's opinion). We as CDers, TS, whatever we are, have to realise and accept these definitions to some degree. Anyway I'm done with this. If you can't see my very simple point then *shrug*...
    Last edited by Kas; 11-16-2017 at 08:51 PM.

We can say we are whatever we want, but these terms do have actual definitions (dictionary). We may not agree with these ourselves, but we have to accept that this is how others will use the term to describe us and technically they would be correct. According to the Oxford dictionary, Cross-dress means to "Wear clothing typical of the opposite sex". So by that definition, I could say transsexuals are also cross-dressers as long as they are wearing women's clothing. Of course they would not appreciate that, but it's true none the less...
    This is not only wrong , but extremely insensitive as well. Insinuating that those who have transitioned , but they are still the sex they were born, is like shouting fire in a crowded theater, and to imply that they are just cross dressing is crass and just insulting (and I am non-binary, so I have no horse in this race)

But if you want to get technical, there are many dictionaries as well, instead of looking at one as the definitive source
    For example , Collins American Dictionary defines Transexual as :
    a person who is predisposed to identify with the opposite sex, sometimes so strongly as to undergo surgery and hormone injections to effect a change of sex

So by this definition, they ARE dressing in conjunction to their current sex, and not cross dressing.

There are also many law and medical dictionaries that agree with is definition.

And yes, when you say that this is not your opinion, but lob a grenade anyway, then you are indeed trolling!

P.S. Since you seem to be hung up on dictionary definition, read this one:

Trolling:
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them
    Last edited by GretchenJ; 11-16-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Hi gretchen,

I am not insinuating anything. I did not write this definition and you are correct. Different sources have different definitions.

But who's to say the Collins American dictionary is any more right or wrong than the Oxford or vice-versa?

I'm saying you cannot blame somebody for assigning a label to somebody, when as far as they're aware, that's what they are. Sure, maybe they read the "incorrect" definition, but if that's the only definition they know then that's how they're going to use it.

This is all I've been trying to say from the beginning and somehow it's blown up into everybody thinking im against TS now or something... I have ZERO problem with TS and have considered HRT myself so don't assume I do have a problem.

This is related to the OPs original post so not sure why so much hate (mainly from mods). Maybe the woman she was arguing with had simply read the "wrong" definition. You can't blame someone for something they don't know.

Trolling:
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them
    Wow this blew my mind. I cannot believe you somehow think you have the ability to read my mind and know my intentions when I make a post. I DID NOT post this with the aim of upsetting/making anybody angry and i find it very offensive that you would say that.
    Last edited by Kas; 11-16-2017 at 09:56 PM.

OK, I think we can all agree that misinformed people will not understand the topic on which they are misinformed until such time as they get good information.

The topic on the table is "Crossdresser Vs. Transgender" and specifically (from the OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stunned View Post
    So I ask you fine members of this crossdressing forum. How do you identify? What is your motivation?
    (emphasis added)

Keep it polite and no hypotheticals, please.
    Last edited by Pat; 11-16-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: emphasis added
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.

Gretchen, the TS definition you provided says "identify... sometimes so strongly...." in other words,surgery and other body modification is not required, and indeed many TS don't. Many TS are "dual status", that is, their bodies are male and have the same clothing size and fit issues as crossdressing men, so in that respect they are crossdressing. But they identify as women and wear women's clothing, so they're not crossdressing.

No. Kas is not right. To deliberately use the "dictionary" definition of transsexual, so that you can avoid the more nuanced and accurate definition developed and accepted by people who actually understand the condition, is disingenuous to the point of being childish.
    Again... you don't get to make up the meanings of the words, just because the one-liner in the Oxford appears to give you some room. Nor do you get to tell us what transsexuals are, feel, or experience unless you a) are one, or b) are intellectually equipped to discourse on the subject. So you are either trolling, by pretending to be ignorant, or you simply do not understand the condition well enough to avoid offending those who actually doexperience it. And no, I am not TS. I can't pretend to know what they experience, but I damn sure can have enough respect to not try to tell them what they are or are not because of what Oxford has to say about the label.

So transsexuals are MEN who FEEL like women. They are still men and therefore by wearing women's clothing they are defined as cross-dressers.
    This is total BS.
    Last edited by Pat; 11-16-2017 at 10:30 PM. Reason: language. I think I kept the sense of your response.

And with that, I think this thread is completely and irretrievably off the rails.