Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How did you feel going out en femme for the first time ?

Banned Read only
    Rayleen,
    I don't know whether to count dressing and just driving round or the first time going out socially and communicating with others ?

The driving experiences were nervous stepping stones most of us take, but going out socially for the first time really was a turning point , to go out fully dressed and meet others was wonderful, I have to admit I wasn't that nervous, I had never driven so far dressed before or walked in heels . I answer that by saying I must have been ready for that moment, being out of the closet , losing all the shame and guilt and actually being Teresa for the first time and accepted as that . I knew there was no going back that hidden part of me had finally come into being and it felt so good .

The picture of my first outing is on my profile page, I'm hoping to give the same outfit another go at the next Anniversary party , I don't wear long very often and did enjoy it .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-27-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Well...technically it was a halloween 25 years ago or so....I am not sure that counts...I went kind of over the top in a slinky leather dress and curly black wig....made a point to learn to walk in heels for that...Nah...that was too easy...taking the kids trick or treating..lol.

The real first time was the other night...random Saturday night...determined to go out...damn the torpedos.

I was scared to death...but hell bent to go and prove I could, then...euphoric.

My first time out in public dressed as a woman was March 2004. I had attended a local support group meeting in Atlanta. For lunch several of us walked from the hotel to a Ruby Tuesday. I had dive bombers for butterflies. To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

I was nervous as anything, went shopping, was quite busy, but had to be done and girl I am so glad I did it as have now done many times since and love it
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

My first time was this April, I was away on business trip for a few days. The local club was having a drag show about 15 km away from where I was staying. I had two days to prepare, visited quite a few stores to make sure I had all that I needed. I bought a purse and a long women's jacket to complete the outing. The day for the show came, I was fully dressed and ready to leave. It took me a hour of contemplating before I got the courage to step out of the hotel room. I kept checking and double checking everything to make sure I did not forget anything. The moment came I took a deep breath and stepped out the safety of my hotel, walked to the car was the hardest as my heart was racing. I got in a drove to the club, once there I parked across the street. The show was amazing, I had a great time. When it was time to go I was expecting to pay the parking at a machine, to my surprise I had to pay a parking attendant. Nervous again, but all went well. I drove back to the hotel, I was so happy that I finally had the courage to get out there. Marie

If it counts I used to wear women’s shirts and pants in high school, heck even some makeup here and there. everyone thought I was weird anyway so I guess I got by with it. Of course I got called gay a good bit but I didn’t really give a crap what people thought back then. I’m much more self conscious now unfortunately.

Fun thread, Rayleen! I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences. Mine was a long time ago, but I still remember many details--especially at the motel getting ready to go out. I was in a motel in the Seatac area south of Seattle. I was heading for the LGBT-friendly bars in Capitol Hill. I had all of the feelings and emotions that many of us shared. I was scared, nervous, excited and it felt really right. I remember I had a modest floral print skirt, heels, hose, wig, etc. I was not very good at makeup, but did the best I could. I remember it taking forever for my nail polish to dry! lol.

Once I was as ready as I was going to be, I remember standing at the door mustering up the courage to step out for the first time. I remember telling myself that once I stepped out the door, I wasn't turning back. That was kind of a turning point. I stepped out the door, and walked out to the car. It was exhilarating, scary, and wonderful all at the same time. Everything about the night was great and uneventful as far as any negative reactions. It built my confidence immensely. I was certainly read as a crossdresser, and that was OK.

This was pre-digital cameras, so I regret that I don't have any pics from my times out early on.
    Last edited by Leelou; 11-29-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Thrilled, in every pore of my being.

Took a long time. Then out in the fenced & secluded back yard for a year.

Then one day, late in the night, went out to check the mail. Just went and did it. Totally nervous...but no one cared.

A some weeks later, went for a late, late night drive. Got spooked by random police in my neighborhood that started following me. Later drives were definitely earlier!

Moral of the story...blend and no one cares. Trying to avoid attention will ensure you get some.

I live in a great T-friendly town, but still can't make the "in public" leap. Just not there yet, even after all these years.

Afraid and very nervious. Was going to a friendly bar that I had researched and knew was accepting. I had researched it on this site, but getting out of the car, walking down the street and into the bar required a new level of strengh. Then finding a place to sit where you know no one was even harder. But I did it, quickly was accepted by those around me and the bar tender made it worth it. This was a MAJOR boost to my acceptance of myself and that I was not a freak. A monster was released that night

My first time out is described in this post:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ut-Julie/page3
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

The first time I went out I was as nervous as a feline at an AKC convention.
    Jon

The first and only time was to a Halloween party about 15 or so years ago. The party was at the home of a friend of my girlfriend at the time. My girlfriend at the time was the person who reintroduced me to this world because I had long, natural wavy hair.

Looking back, I was nervous, but: 1.) I was going to a Halloween party and 2.) the party was at the home of a gay man.

I had no time to be anxious, my girlfriends took me out on a Saturday morning dress shopping for an outing that night.

The euphoria of it all just took my breath away.

I was more scared of the blind date they arranged for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My first time was to a LGBT bar in the metro DC area with my fiancee. I was nervous, but it helped that she was with me. The worst part was the cab ride with the cab driver's glances.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Even back as far as 4th or 5th grade, I'd wear one of my cousin's girl t shirts with jeans to school now and then. I'd leave home wearing a different t shirt and change once I got to school. In 7th grade, I borrowed a pair of jeans from a female friend and she helped me do my make up and I pulled my hair back with barrettes, painted my nails and lips. I didn't make it out of home room before I was sent to the principal's office for violating the school dress policy ( first of many such occasions) This is also memorable because it was the first time my "sperm donor" literally whipped me naked with his belt with the intent to whip the "sissy" out of me. I ran away to my aunt's house a few blocks over and she took me in. On a more happier occasion, I went to my Junior prom in a dress, only to be denied entrance, but I partied later with friends at some house parties. No one ever said it would be easy, but it all starts with the first step!
    "the sex is in the HEEL"