Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellen vs. Eddie

Banned Read only

Ellen vs. Eddie

Was watching T.V. and a commercial came on advertising the "Ellen" show. Ellen was standing next to Kim Kardishian who was wearing a form fitting dress with lots of feminine curves looking like the beautiful woman she is. Ellen having a male haircut, male jeans and showing a male figure was andro or male in appearance. Her show is top rated and her mostly female audience love her, she is also married to a very feminine female wife. Ellen and her marriage are accepted.

Let's suppose that the producers wanted to be on the cutting edge of something new, an experiment to see if it would draw more interest and viewers which translates to $$Money$$ and lots of it. So on Monday, Wed. and Fri. they have the Ellen show and on Tues. and Thur. they have the "Eddie" show. Eddie is a male CD or TG, short blond fem hair, makeup, fem clothes and is equally funny as Ellen.

How would it go over? If the female audience accepted Ellen would they accept Eddie? Would they love the variation? Would they all of a sudden say there is nothing wrong with a male wearing a skirt, girl jeans and boobs presenting androgynous or female just as Ellen presents androgynous or male? If women began thinking he does look nicer in girl jeans and matching top than sloppy male clothing would the transition in clothing start to head for acceptance?

Wendy, what say you????

GG
    I watch Ellen here in the UK. I think that problem here is that yes she is accepted by the female and male audience but to be perfectly honest she is wearing what most straight GGs would also wear at times. Its nothing really `Out of the norm` so to speak in the way she dresses as most GGs are quite tomboyish and will dress this way. On the other hand Eddie would be dressed `Out of the norm` for those not used to seeing a CD. Its not something you see every day guys walking around in a dress if they fancy it for a change so i think it probably wouldnt be accepted quite so easily as Ellen was even though i would love it to happen and hope it would happen. We used to have Danny La Rue here that did dress but i think he was seen probably more on the comical side of things rather than seriously ...so i think the waters were tested here as to how the viewers would see that side of life but it was put out more as entertainment in the comedy sense than as a serious programme but he did go down a storm and people loved him so maybe now is the time to take that next step.
    `There is no better way to find out if your taste in clothes is good than seeing somebody that dresses wearing the same outfit!!`

I see Ellen's style as androgynous, not male. Her hair is short but it's not a man's haircut. She doesn't express either masculinity or femininity.
    How Ellen expresses herself or her choice of a marriage partner has no bearing on why I like her show. She's funny, clever, a good interviewer, plays fun games, has good guests, and with corporate sponsors is very generous.
    The show is good, and doesn't need any gimmicks. Ellen IS the show, and her fans love her. No, the Eddie show won't work.

Banned Read only
    You seem to think Ellen is so popular because she is gay. While her coming out in the 90's may have increased her popularity in the gay community she was already popular as her sit-com in the 90's was highly rated before and after she came out.

Reality Check
    I wouldn't be surprised to see something like your "Eddie" show pop up on TV some day. There are far more channels than there are subjects for good shows so it's entirely possible.

I don't like or watch "Ellen" and I doubt I would watch "Eddie" except for the crossdressing. I don't think non-crossdressers would watch it, at least not for long.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Minniethemix, remember that over here we have the artist Grayson Perry who often appears in public as his alter ego Claire. He even went to Buckingham Palace to recieve his gong in a rather nice blue dress. Also there's comedian Eddie Izzard who again appears dressed in public. The UK isn't all Danny La Rue.

But the general points being made also hold, boyish as Ellen looks she is not dressed unusually for a GG. Generally a man in a dress would be seen as unusual (at the moment).

GG
    I was just going by who i was brought up on hun ..to be honest i only watch certain things if told they are on tv as more a music listener hence i have been watching that naked impressions programme only because a friend told me about it so have no idea who Grayson Perry is lol.....though i do know Eddie Izzard....I really need to watch more by the looks of things as i am obviously behind on things.
    `There is no better way to find out if your taste in clothes is good than seeing somebody that dresses wearing the same outfit!!`

Aspiring Member
    Grayson Perry is a bit of a hero of mine for so many reasons, not least of which is his cross dressing.

Search for him online and look for his autobiography 'Portrait of the artist as a young girl'. There was lots in there I could relate to during his growing up. I didn't though turn into a Turner Prize winning artist.

Heres a link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grayson-Per.../dp/0099485168

GG
    Thankyou hun. Just been looking at his artwork. I feel embarassed that i havent heard of him when i am an artist myself!! shakes ones head in shame!! Have been looking for a good book to read next too so think thats my next one...xxx

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If Hollywood came out with an "Eddie" talk show, Deebra? It would be hosted by a convincing looking, model type T. NOT a MIAD looking type! No sponsor or regular network would back that! Maybe at the end of the century?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Minnie,
    You do make a good point about a " Normal appearance !" So many people wear andro clothes so seeing a Cder is going to attract attention because so few people have seen one in reality. Again the problem is the only other time they have come across one is through the media and we all know their stereotype , a camp, lisping gay dressed OTT .

As for Grayson Perry , I'm still open minded on her appearance , but I don't know exactly what makes her tick so I can't condemn her choice of clothes , whatever her cause she may help our community more by dressing more appropriately . I do realise many of her clothes are designed by her students .

Perhaps if introduced gradually, it might give the viewing people time to accept? be safe Karrin

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Western culture sees the male as being at the apex of the culture. So for women to appear as, or portray Masculine traits may be considered as them aspiring toward the apex. Now for the male who portrays, or aspires to the feminine side, it is seen as taking a step down the ladder from the apex. From my point of view, what's the problem, so you don't want to get into that "rat race". Is it possible to have an "Eddie" show, yes, whether it could stay alive in the ratings is another story. Too much of our male dominated culture is continually telling us to aspire to the Alpha male apex, and to take a step down seems to fly in the face of what the culture has stood for through many centuries of survival! The best example I can give is look at how sports are pushed at boys from an early age.

Just look at how we use different words to describe the same behaviors, based on the individual's sex, or sexual orientation. That alone should tell you that there are different standards depending on where you are in the "pecking order". Is it little wonder why so many stay in the "closet", or their spouse doesn't want to have anything to do with CD"ing!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Not sure who "Wendy" is but I will respond to this:

I don't watch much TV, however, from what I've seen of Ellen, she is very nice, polite, and funny. If "Eddie" were equally talented and the show was not based on the CD aspect but how good the show was, I don't see why it would not be well received.

Looks (or gender) alone do not make a person a hit on television. Some of the most beautiful people do not have talent, therefore, the shows don't last.

How about Ellen doing her show all glammed up? Wig dress makeup and heels.
    She could be very pretty.
    I'm not a fan of the androgynous Ellen.
    Live and let dress.

Banned Read only
    My point was to get more exposure for males that wear female clothing as part of their wardrobe which hopefully would lead to the same acceptance females have. Ellen definitely is androgynous, the jeans she had on were definitely male with the long zipper, $5 will get you $10 there were no panties behind it and I have no problem with lesbian or gay, it's a personal decision and nobody else's business. I admire Ellen for how she worked her way up, she is worth 360 mil., is 59 years old and dresses like nobody I have ever seen. I might look and dress the same on a Saturday morning as her after a few beers the night before. Maybe she should have a few beautiful, passable crossdressers and males dressed andro on her program to get an opinion on acceptance?

Now for Wendy, Wendy Williams is also a talk show host on T.V. on about the same time and her show is also successful. Is she trans? We have an eye for these things, if she is does the audience know, she is accepted. This was the point of my post. Wendy is 6'1" tall, with heels which she wears makes her taller, large hands, double D breast implants and probably a lot more cosmetic surgery. If this is wrong and this is offensive to her I apologize but if I am right wouldn't it be nice for her to acknowledge this and her success would prove my point. So what say you, watch her show and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    ...the jeans she had on were definitely male with the long zipper, $5 will get you $10 there were no panties behind it...
    I'll take that bet and even tell you the brand of those panties: ELLEN

All I can say here is you have to have a gimick to make these things a success.

Ellen established her success and then slowly revealed her true self.

Eddie might find it harder.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well Ru Paul’s drag race has been going strong for many seasons, so yeah, it’s possible. Way too many variables to say for sure if it would actually be successful.

Banned Read only
    NicoleScott (ELLEN), We have a bet, they are either Fruit of the Loom briefs or J.C.Penney's boxers.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wait, I thot u bet she wasn't wearing any!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    docrobbysherry, I said no female panties behind the zipper, yes on male undies. One sure way to settle this, we'll have to ask Ellen to drop her pants so we can see for sure. I'm sure she would oblidge if we asked.
    Last edited by deebra; 11-17-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Just a guess on my part but I think that "Eddie" would NOT be accepted as much as Ellen is.

I have long wondered whether Wendy Williams is transgender. I don't enjoy Wendy's show but do enjoy Ellen's. I never would have guessed she is pushing sixty.
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Read only
    Nicole, I watched Ellen, you are right, she had on tight girl pants, no way could male undies be under that.