Thread: Binding before going full time?

Binding before going full time?

I am preparing to see an endocrinologist about beginning hrt. My very last step to being full time will probably be at work. I wondered over the course of hrt if I begin breast growth before I come out at work. Could my breasts show through my shirt? Has anyone binded before going full time?

Breast growth with MTF HRT is a slow process, unlike breast implants. So people will get used to your appearance. Right now I have DD cup breasts, which took over 4 years to develop. That is huge for a person born a male, so your terminal size is unlikely to be that big. I live and identify myself as a man even though I look a lot like a genetic woman with my hair past my shoulders. I wear a bra and nobody other than my wife has ever said anything about it.

Binding is VERY bad for your breasts so I urge you not to do it. If they get to B cup you could wear a bra with an undershirt over it so they would be inconspicuous.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-16-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Binding during breast development is not a good thing, it can cause a great deal of discomfort. It's ok to wear t shirts one size smaller with a dark colored shirt, dark colors hide body contours.

I was concerned about it too, so I bought men's compression t-shirts from Spanx. Expensive, but worked well. I also tried buying Hanes ribbed, tight tank tops in a smaller size. Again, men's clothing. Much cheaper than Spanx, but didn't work as well.

In the end, I barely used either as my need to go full time just became too great. I went full time much earlier than originally planned.

But whatever you do, don't bind your breasts, as others have said. It's really bad for you and can even cause permanent damage. Maybe that's ok if you're binding because you're FtM, but as an MtF you really don't want any damage to those precious things.

Reality Check
    I wouldn't think binding your breasts would be a good idea. If you can wear patterned shirts, your breasts will be less obvious than in plain colored shirts. Also, some fabrics will show your breasts more than others. Wearing a T-shirt under your shirt and wearing a slightly larger shirt will also help.

Even if co-workers notice your breast growth, it would be inappropriate for them to ask or comment on it. And, some males have a medical condition called "gynecomastia" where their breasts grow. That can be your "excuse" if you need one. Look it up on the Internet.
    Krisi

try a sports bra.

During the growth phase of breast tissue, the structures that forms under your nipples may hurt. Not sure how long that phase is - mine's been ongoing for 14 months now and shows no sign of stopping yet. It's something else to consider in your binding plan -- it might hurt.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

bottom line..

its an unanswerable question.

Binding is an option. It may hurt, and for a long time. Mine did. and fwiw, for about 2 months they felt AMAZING lol//anybody else experience this? non stop pleasurable tingly feeling??

they may grow quickly, slowly ...they may grow alot of a little...

sports bra is an option too but its pretty visible under most clothes..

my suggestion is keep it simple... you need to do this? do it. and take it as it comes and deal with it.. and if you are transitioning anytime soon then it wont be a problem..

btw..i had a corporate job...i started hrt in summer...ended up leaving my job by xmas, and didnt transition until a year later...i never had to bind ...i had small growth, i wore baggier clothes...
    when i transitioned i had breast surgery...i was 47 yrs old...that matters too...older you are , less likely you get alot of growth ...also your mom and sisters?? they may hint at what your "upside" is for breast growth!!
    I am real

Silver Member
    I wore UnderArmor HeatGear fitted tank tops (women’s) under my dress shirts. It’s enough as long as the fit of the dress shirt is a traditional looser style. Polo’s? Forget it.
    Lea

I've found a sports bra and baggy sweaters or sweat shirts take care of a host of ills, in the Winter. Summertime? Those puppies can be hard to hide and binding hurts. I don't know if it does any harm, but it hurts, so that kind of precludes doing it right there.

Silver Member
    A bra will almost always show. If not through the fabric itself, then in the bits and pieces printing through the fabric or via the resulting bulges and indentations. Sit in any mall. Count how many women walking by in any kind of shirt-type top where you can see no sign of a bra. In fact, they’re pretty obvious even when something like a sweater is worn over the top. It doesn’t mean I don’t wear them - I do, any time I’m out of the house. But not in a dress shirt.
    Lea

Silver Member
    Wear a darker, front buttoned shirt that has a pattern and is one size larger than your normal. Almost every time i go out under dressed, my bra always has thin forms. Small bumps, yes, but no stares or comments.

Ok so I've been on HRT for 6 months now, and considering the changes in my bust.... even the thought of binding.... OH GOD NO!!!!.
    It's bad enough reaching my arm across my chest, getting one trapped, having the eyes water from that to even consider the pain that would be involved in binding.

NOPE..... DO NOT GO THERE.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Just for the heck of it - I've gotten massively "nipple", like they're generally looking very happy. If you get noticeable development you can try silicon "daisy's" to flatten them a bit

Ashley, if you are so worried about people seeing your developing breasts maybe you ought to consider that M2F HRT might not be right for you at this time. Maybe you can wear breast forms after presenting full time and then start the HRT.

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill concerning people seeing your developing breasts and later on wearing a bra. As I said before I live as a man even though I have DD cup breasts and I wear bras.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am about 5 months into HRT and I can't stop thinking about this thread and how utterly painful it would be to bind at this point. Ouch, seriously, ouch! Just my shirt is super painful!

I was on HRT for well over a decade. I have a B cup and an A cup breast. I think most people think they are man boobs. I like wearing a bra, no padding at all, I want my nipples to show. I modified bras to fit the two cup sizes. I try to get front hook bras with the adjusters on the front. I get them in beige and wear it under a tee shirt and a thick top shirt. No one has ever noticed. I used to wear a tee shirt swimming in trunks so as not to embarrass people. For the last 7 years I really don't care. I go topless, like it or lump it. The most interesting reaction I ever had was with a female dermatologist checking me out for a rash. I had bigger breasts than she did. She stared thunderstruck straight at my breasts for the whole exam. I was pretty pleased with myself.

I've been on HRT for 3+ years, I still see one client as my "old" self. (it's a long story) but even with almost D size cups I use the following successfully when at their site:
    --compression T-shirt as others have mentioned
    --regular t-shirt
    --BIG sweater of some sort
    --maybe another shirt underneath

The bagginess of the sweater helps tremendously especially if it flows down under the belt line so hips/curves don't show as time goes on.

I don't suggest binding freshly budding breasts. Compression T-shirt with another tactic is best and most comfy.

Good luck.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)