Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running in the family

Running in the family

Hi all, it has been quite some time since I last posted here. I had a few reasons to be silent but in the end I guess it's true what they say...blood is thicker than water

Anyway, I have a question for you. The other day I was at my brother's to discuss a combined birthday party that we'd like to organise as both our birthdays are only a few days apart. We'd like to do a theme party, and after trading some ideas my brother, to my big surprise, mentioned the 'crossdressing theme' (he doesn't know a thing about my dressing....I am absolutely closeted about it to my family, and will remain so for now). After laughing a bit about the idea we waved it off as a nice joke and gave it no more thought, and continued discussing other ideas. But when I got back home later that evening I just could not get his words out of my mind. Did he really mention it as a complete joke, or could there be a chance that my own brother is secretly a crossdresser too, just like me? After all I am pretty sure that I could see a light in his eye when he mentioned the idea! Could it be that it runs in my family?

So my question to you is...most of us here will know other CD/TG people, either in real life or at least in today's online world. But how about your own family? Do any of you know or have your suspicion about a MTF father, brother, cousin or FTM mother, sister etc. within your own family? And if so...how did you find out? Did you or the other family member bring it up? And what were the reactions like? Cause I bet it can lead to some hilarious situations, revelations and stories, as it must be an amazing and very surprising thing to find out when your own family member turns out to be a crossdresser too. I look forward to those stories folks!!!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

This does not quite answer your question and risks hijacking the thread, but you really need to call your brother and tell him that after thinking about his idea, you think the party theme of cross dressing would be fun.

Aspiring Member
    No, my brother is not a CD. Obviously I can't be sure, he may be (very) closeted, but his attitudes to anything other than straight up and down sexuality are very antediluvian. Actually, I can be reasonably sure, because when we were growing up and shared a bedroom, I had all the (best) available hiding places.

For whatever it's worth - I got to spend a week in California with a GG who has morphed into my big sister, she and her husband have walked me through some very rough patches, and she made it clear that she was only going to tolerate male presentation on arrival and departure - tough love on transitioning
    They belong to an outrigger canoe club, which has a heavy Hawaiian / Samoan / Polynesian membership - I spent some time there - the Polynesians were massively accepting (part of their culture), one woman mentioned that for some reason some families have two or three transgendered members, some have none, so yeah I suppose there could be something genetic

If my brother suggested a crossdresser theme I would guess that he suspects that I cross dress rather than suggesting that he does.

I have a nephew that always wears women's cotton underwear, and I found lingerie in his bedroom once about 15 years ago.

My brother is trans/homophobic but I remember him having a girly magazine with a TS as one of the pictorials. IIRC, he had that page bookmarked somehow. hmmmm...

My sister (who was bi) told me that my other nephew had her panties in his bed when he was younger. Probably just a fetish thing. He's shown a bit of androgyny in the past but I doubt that he crossdresses.

It's possible that some other males in my family have had CD experiences of some sort. I've pondered the possibility a few times when trying to find why I CD. Two of my grandfather's brothers were bachelors for example.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    If my brother suggested a crossdresser theme I would guess that he suspects that I cross dress rather than suggesting that he does.
    ^^Agreed.^^

I have one brother and I cannot imagine that he crossdresses, and I don't think that his wife would put up with it. My dad didn't either and I know this because as a kid I investigated every nook and cranny of his bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanetteX View Post
    Did he really mention it as a complete joke, or could there be a chance that my own brother is secretly a crossdresser too, just like me?
    ....OR.... did he, for some unknown reason, suspect you crossdressed and he was baiting you to come out to him? Come out by enthusiastically jumping at the suggestion.

I have no evidence that crossdressing runs in the family. There are a LOT of crossdressers, so there are bound to be families with multiple CDers even if the desire to crossdress happens at random.

Banned Read only
    I believe it does run in the family. I know my older brother has dabbled in crossdressing, but never embraced it like I have.

Also I hid my CDing from my son and when he was probably 12 or 13 my wife found one of her old bras under his bed. She just kinda groned "Like father like son" and put it back under his bed.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-17-2017 at 11:48 AM.

I saw pictures of Dad at a party with mom and he was cross dressed. Mom may have put him up to it, she was an actress and pretty liberal like that. She use to give my girl friend, who seldom wears a skirt, very nice skirts that would fit me. My mother knew I dressed and probably would have embraced had come out to her. I was deep in the closet then.
    Back on topic no I don't think dad was one of us but he did dabble in it probably do to mom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I had an uncle that I suspicion was a CD. He always wore men's nylon socks that looked exactly like those calf high hosiery. He wore silky shirts and had his nails always manicured. He hated getting dirty. After he moved into a nursing facility I helped clean out his garage and found panty hose and night gowns. He was one of seven boys in the family and my dad always said his brother never could help out with the hard work cause he was scared he'd get dirty. He was a engineer in WWII while his brothers fought in combat. All though he was my Uncle my dad and mom named me after him, I've always wondered why my middle name sounded so girlish.
    CD might just be in the family genes, but I tend to think it's more about the physical outside influences on our lives.

I am the oldest of the three brothers. I have an older sister and a younger sister. Both of the brothers I am pretty certain do not crossdress...however...both of my sisters is are pretty butch. So who knows? I believe if I came out to any of them their spouse would have more issue with it than my siblings.

For what it's worth

I wrote a too-long post summarizing a book that says yes, transgenderism is inherited. The thread is here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...quot-questions -- if you consider yourself transgender then it might be of interest. If you don't, then it's not relevant to you.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I do think that there is some possible hereditary links to being a crossdresser and also other kinds of trans gender .
    In the same way that traits like being good at math , or being drawn to being talented with music , sports and art .
    Many kinds of common Traits are shared in families- it makes sense to me that crossdressing can be one of these shared qualities . The difference is that we dont usually talk about this one thing openly because its still so taboo.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I remember when I was about 12-13 and just at the 'underwear' stage when I was looking for something in my brothers bedroom. I saw something sticking out from under his pillow on the bed, and found a pair of tights there. I showed my sister and she just had a big grin on her face. He's 4 years older than me btw and very 'alpha male'.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I completely agree with this? Is there anyone else you can question about your brothers "odd" suggestion?

My brother is gay and he does crossdress but more for comedic effect and more drag queen.

My grandma’s brother may be trans. There were always hushed gossip about him being effeminate and sitting down to pee. But he grew up a different era in a different culture and he might just be gay but not being able to fully explore his sexuality, things just manifested in expressing himself in feminine mannerisms.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanetteX View Post
    We'd like to do a theme party, and after trading some ideas my brother, to my big surprise, mentioned the 'crossdressing theme' (he doesn't know a thing about my dressing....I am absolutely closeted about it to my family, and will remain so for now).
    As others have already mentioned...

Just how sure of you are you regarding being "absolutely closeted" to your family? Because I could see this as a way of him already suspecting it, and trying to get you to admit it, at least to some degree.

Anyway, I don't have much time right now, but yeah, I have a brother who I was aware that, say from around age 12 thru maybe 16 (?), he went through at least a bit of an intermittent "phase" of putting on pantyhose sometimes (and then doing his self-pleasuring thing).

Around this time, he also wore lipstick & peelable nail polish (as a "joke") once or twice, and other subsequent times openly wore eyeliner (with his longer hair). Though arguably, this was the '80s, after all. And he was a musician... Remember all those "hair/glam bands," anyone??

Did it go beyond that? And has he done anything like that since? I have no idea. We're not particularly close, both relationship-wise & geographically. If I had to guess, I'd say no, he doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore. From what I understand, a decent chunk of guys do "mess around" a little with CD'ing, particularly when they're younger (under 18). But for them, it really is just a temporary passing phase, and is oftentimes just out of curiosity, a boredom-killer, sexual release, and/or for sh|ts-and-giggles.

For me, I started way younger than him. Got waaay more involved & ran much deeper for me. *And* is still going on til this day!

I am the only CD in my family. The rest are very anti everything. ��

Aspiring Member
    I believe there is a sex gene that goes wacky.
    Maybe we crossdress, maybe we are gay, maybe we are gay and also crossdress, Maybe we want sex 24 hours a day, maybe we don't care about sex at all, maybe we are child or adult molesters.
    I think it's inherited, and manifests itself in different ways.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have a lesbian cousin that only wears masculine clothes, does that count as CD'ing?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, not in MY family.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

In 1998 the crossdresser magazine "ladylike" published a cover article about father/son crossdressers Jean Rich and Kristin Rivers. The article is available at the trans history site Digital Transgender Archive:
    https://archive.org/stream/ladylike3...age/4/mode/2up
    Like a lady

Thanks so much Linda, thats a brilliant and very interesting article
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Hi Jeanette, It was my older brother that first suggested we put on our mum's tights when I was four. I can think of a couple of times during his teens when he wore ladies underwear. Whether he dabbled more as a teenager? Probably. Whether he does now? Who knows? I'm not planning to bring the subject up and I'm certainly not coming out to him.

I think it does run in the family. My brother and I played dress up several times when we were around 12 and 15. I embraced it but the older my brother got the more he denied that he enjoyed it. Before he moved out of mom and dads 4 years ago, I found pantyhose bra and stuffing for the bra in our old room. When I was 14, I was caught dressing by dad and he said don't let your mother catch you. He wasn't mad I didn't understand it. I was always sneaking around my parents room for clothes when the weren't home when I found my dads stash with pictures of him dressed. To this day I know my dad still dresses in lingerie when ever he gets a chance.