Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running in the family

With respect to my brother and father, I just can't see it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    I believe it is hereditary. About 17 years ago an uncle told that my great grandfather was 'promiscuous' but did not elaborate. The males on my dad's side of the family had a long history of high alcohol use, which I believe is attributed to them trying to suppress (drink away) the urges.

I would rather drink occasionally and enjoy being authentic as trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I believe it does run in the family. I know my older brother has dabbled in crossdressing, but never embraced it like I have.

Also I hid my CDing from my son and when he was probably 12 or 13 my wife found one of her old bras under his bed. She just kinda groned "Like father like son" and put it back under his bed.
    Strange one that lol my wife also found some panties in my sons room, this was before he started dating so no excuses, we never talked about it with him, now he's older and still at home I'm worried he might walk in on me while I'm dressed, I'd like to tell him to save the hassle but I have no idea how it'd go down.

Jeanette: I used to hide my mom's
    Panties under my mattress or pillow in the bedroom that I shared
    With my brother who is seven years younger than I.Ihad a good friend who was a year younger than me he had 2younger sisters
    And he would steal a pair of their panties and sleep in them & would
    Bring them.with him when he came
    To visit as I had mom's panties hid
    From my brother I knew I was hooked @9years of age &as for as
    My brother crossdressing I would
    Say no and he does not know that
    I do I am out to the wife only & 1 former GG coworker wihich helped
    Me pick out a dress.My stepdaughters don't know but the
    Youngest stepdaughter would be more accepting of my dressing than her older sister would.
    As far as genetic goes I know that
    My dad never did as far asI know
    He caught me in a pair of moms panties one night at age 12 relieving some pressure & gave me
    The 3rd degree but never said anything else about it.

Now this post could be quite long.
    When I was in my teens/early twenties my dad always used to take the garage key with him to work, I was wanting to find some tools to use and so managed to open a side window and squeeze through. I started looking through the old chest of draws he had in there and came across a bag of women's clothes and found many items of interest shall I say that he had stashed away, I do remember taking a few away to try on myself but never asked him about the bag of clothes, that were in the draw as that would have made it that I had been in his garage.
    Years later my oldest brother told me that my dad wore woman's tights to work in winter to keep his legs warm from working outside in the cold. There may have been more to this I don't know.
    I have seen a picture of my mom and dad on holiday where they were both dressed as the opposite gender for a fancy dress theme.

My older brother moved to WA back in the late 60's
    We used to email each other when the internet took off in the 2000's and he told me quite a few thing from when he was looking after his 3 younger brothers when mom and dad went out for the night.
    Below is email doc. he sent me about his life;

THE OTHER ME

This is the story about another side of me that few people know about or have had a glimpse of. It all began when I was a young boy; I was the eldest of four male children and as such was often left in charge of my three brothers on the odd occasions when my parents went out. At first I resented this but later began to look forward to the time alone because I could do things and go places without getting into trouble. One of the first things I did was to explore my parent’s bedroom, we never allowed in there when they were about. Then I explored my Mothers’ chest of drawers and saw this beautiful finery inside them, nervously I took articles out to examine them, then replaced them carefully in their proper places. Later I became bolder and actually put on her one-piece bathers, looked in the mirror at myself and fell in love. I had come to fall in love with female clothing and the thrill of its look and feel. I also experienced a sense of closeness with my Mother I had never experienced before. Perhaps at this point I should explain that my Mother was a very cool, distant figure in my life and I do not ever remember feeling her holding me close or loving me. I missed that very much but now I had a way of being close to her through the clothing she wore and I felt a deep sense of Peace and Comfort. This behaviour continued for months and I got a great feeling out of it, in a way I knew it would be frowned on but who was I harming? Sadly all-to-soon the nightly visits ceased and I missed them badly.

In the years that followed I often tried to analyse my feeling and behaviour. Was I a pervert? Well there was no sex involved and no one got hurt. Was I Mentally Sick? I could function rationally, hold down a demanding job and have a meaningful relationship with girls and other blokes. Was it a Sexual Fetish? I did not have any fetishes what-so-ever or any sexual hang ups. I started researching my behaviour and found I fitted under the label of Transvestite or Cross-dresser. What caused it? No known cause! What cured it? No known cure. In fact it did not appear in any Psychiatric Book as a Symptom or a Condition. Why me? Who knows, after 60yrs I am still trying to figure that one out? Are there many people like me? Yes, there are thousands of men who do it and hundreds of women. So I am not alone! Welcome to the Human race.

At this point I would like to state that I have consulted both Psychiatrists and Psychologists on various occasions and other than tell me that what I do is considered “normal” behaviour amongst a percentage of the human race there are more pressing things that I should worrying about, than what I like wearing. As I suffer from Chronic Depression that is what they want to treat me for, the dressing makes no impact on my mental status. I should like to point out however that I went through all the Guilt, Anxiety and other emotions that a lot of people who cross-dress suffered but I am long past that and at peace with myself. It’s not been easy but then nothing worth something, ever is.

Today I am in contact with Cross-dressers in three countries, swap histories, photos, news and we support not only ourselves but more importantly our partners, who may not accept or understand us. We have come a long way thanks to the Net and we have found that the public image of Perverts who molest young boys and girls is certainly not what we are about! Most partners when they attend meetings or go on the Net find we listen to what they say and we will lead them to the relevant information when it is asked for. We idolise women more than most men and we try hard to understand and support them. In some cases (If we are lucky) we may even be taken for women when out in public. We do not want to become women but we want to copy the role model we admire so much, is that really wrong? You be the judge!

When he had told me about the other side of himself/herself as "Jean" and asked if I was ok with what he had told me.
    I said yes as I also crossdress and asked him how I should go about telling my wife as it was starting to eat me up inside and I wanted more than what I was doing in secret, so after some time I told my wife that I needed to talk to her about something.
    When we did have the talk she did say is that all as she had known for some time.
    We both cried for a while and I felt like a great weight had been take of my shoulders.

Martina
    Last edited by Martina; 11-19-2017 at 04:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Thank you very much Martina. Yes a long post indeed, but what a beautiful story! Thank you again!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

As for running in the family, I grew up with a father who is a CD, one of the reasons I ran from who I am was because I didn't want to be like him, then as I got older I realized that being like him wasn't a bad thing, anyway my sister, the family historian has discovered that we have several other relatives who are CD, one is even semi pro. So my conclusion is that it may be hereditary, just based on my own family.

I am the only one in my family and I am a DES son. I think that had a lot to do with it.
    Part Time Girl

Hey Jeannette, hope all your troubles are ones like this. I don’t know if it’s my brother or my dad that outed themselves when I was still living at home. Mom and Dad knew about my dressing and my mom kept an eye on her things to “catch me breaking my word” that I would leave her stuff alone.
    One day I get back from swim practice and she’s reading me the riot act about being in her clothes. I told her I had not, besides I was now too big to fit in her clothes. Well since it wasn’t me, that left only my dad and my brother. Now Dad would have been too big, so that left only my brother. This was 45 years ago and I’ve never gotten any other hint that he dresses. Oh well, I’m not that curious and he’s never asked me if I did.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I'm either a CD or bigender, depending on what day you ask me. One of my first cousins is a butch lesbian, or maybe a FtM, one of my uncles was gay and one of my first cousins once removed is a lipstick lesbian. This is all on my father's mother's side of the family. It's a small family and it seems that there are way too many "non-binary" for there not to be a genetic component to it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.