Thread: Caught and it was my own fault

Aspiring Member

Caught and it was my own fault

The other day I bought myself a new skirt from Marks and Spencer, described on their website and a pleated midi skirt. It's bronze and gold, and PU coated, so has a bit of a rubbery feel to it. I like that, others may not. It does, however, make a lovely swoosh as I walk, it has a lovely weight and feels great as it flows around my legs. Being pleated and midi, there's a lot of skirt to it. Anyway, today is a home working day, so this morning I thought it would be nice to wear my new outfit. I have a properly equipped home office and sat at my desk, typing away as usual. Then, I decided it was time for a tea break. Well, as I tried to get up I discovered that I'd run the wheels of the office chair over my hem. Oops! I thought. I couldn't get up. I looked down to see what I could see, and the bottom of the skirt had become a bit wrapped around the wheel and folded in on itself. There was no budging it. The chair wouldn't go forwards or backwards. I had to ease myself sideways and manually release myself from the chair. This probably would have been a lot easier to do had I slipped the skirt off, I'm home alone so it would have been fine, but I suppose in my mild panic, in my desire not to spoil my new skirt, that didn't occur to me. Still, after a couple of minutes I managed to free myself. I checked the hem, and fortunately all is fine. Just goes to show, the problems we girls have!!

I have saw gg's pull their skirts up a few inches, prior to sitting, to keep things like that from happening. You may want to try that next time.

I would like to say that your heading was deceiving and I read your whole post waiting to see who caught you dressed and the consequences. Suddenly, I realized your hem catching under the chair's wheels was the "Caught." Shame on you!
    Actually, I'm glad you got out of the situation safely without injuring yourself or your skirt. BTW, you're not the only one to do something like that. I was getting out of my car once and I could feel my maxi skirt coming off my waist and hips as my heels were on the hem. Luckily, I was able to recover without further incidence.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    I had to ease myself sideways and manually release myself from the chair.
    What's the alternative? A James Bond ejection seat?
    Jon

This happened to me in guy mode the other day with my adidas track pants. Too bad they weren't the ones with the buttons down the side.

You had me going too, I thought you were going to tell us how you were caught enfemme

I actually had to laugh about this as I have done the same thing with a maxi skirt.. unfortunealy I was not near as graceful and ended up on the floor

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Be careful when you wear a long skirt when you are driving I have caught one in a car door.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte ,
    The question is who's chair is it ? Maybe if it belongs to your wife it was following instructions and trying to catch you out !

I'm glad you didn't damage the skirt. Accidents like this easily happen , I was talking to a GG at one my social meetings , and didn't realise my heels were caught in the netted hemline on my dress , when I stood up they tore a large hole in the hem , the lady I was talking to quickly came to the rescue and did a neat knot to cover the hole .

Tracii,
    Been there and done that one, only it was with my coat, and belt .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-18-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've stepped on my long skirts while out and about. That played heck on my skirts and petticoats as I was wearing my usual stilettos!
    And, I couldn't just, "take them off"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You just reminded me when I was younger and I was wearing a long skirt with a split on one side. Now you know it was awhile go, when was the last time you seen a women with a long skirt and a split. I had just come home from a drive dressed and I looked around to make sure nobody was around and I was opening the door to make a run for it. When I opened the door and put my first leg out I didn't realize my heel went into the hem and when I went to push myself out of the car I ended up flat on my face with my foot caught in the hem. I was laying there with my leg in a"L" position and I couldn't move, in a panic I forced my leg straight and it ripped the skirt almost in half but the heel was still in the hem. I got up with half the skirt on and the other half dragging on the ground and I was running to my front door with my stocking and panties fully exposed. I remember opening the front door and just diving to the floor and laying on the floor for a few minutes to catch my breath. I was lucky my parents were away and only my grandparents were home and they didn't hear me. It's amazing when a stupid situation like that happens and it's like we are handcuffed, we can't think fast enough to decide to free ourself or to try and save the item of clothing.

Aspiring Member
    Maria, yes that's it exactly!! Let's be honest here, we haven't been wearing these clothes, all day, every day, so, once in a while, they, the clothes that is, catch us out.

Slamming the maxi-skirt in the car door, yes. I've done that once or twice, with part of it hanging out of the car. Once, in a Walmart parking lot, a lady was kind enough to point out that I had just done that. I thanked her profusely.

I could see this happening at my desk. I admit that when I'm wearing a maxi skirt I do give it a bit of a lift going up and down stairs, particularly with heels. It ain't worth a broken neck.

Silver Member
    My wife did that in our office. I suggested that she pull up her dress as she sits down. She informed me that she didn't grow up with long skirts like I did. I told her they weren't all that long, but you learn to slide them up. We carried on the teasing back and forth.

Skirt in the car door, yes ... have seen many a lady (GG or otherwise) do that. More often than not, I'll politely say, "Nice dress" while pointing down outside the car - they figure it out in a hurry.

I have had bangle bracelets get hooked on door knobs that are levers. It takes some skill to walk when your arm is practically pulled off!
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

When I saw the title of the post, I thought it was going a totally different way. I'm glad that there was no damage to your skirt.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".