Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Before Joining

Before Joining

Just something I wondered about before joining. Do members object to non - members viewing the forums?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I honestly don't care. Heck, I was a lurker, myself, before joining!

Being my first CD'ing forum I became a member of, believe it or not, I first wanted to see if it might be something for me, as well as being a good fit. And the answer is yes!

And if that description fits any non-members here reading this right now, whether CD/TS/GG/other, I say go for it! Reading & lurking can be fun & informative, but finally taking that next step by signing up is *totally* worth it!

I don't. I got my courage to join from reading other posts.

Banned Read only
    I don't object. I was a lurker before joining. The subject of the number of guest vs members signed on has been discussed for a long time. I would suggest if someone wants to be secretive don't post comments that may reveal to a lurker who you are. There's also nothing to stop anyone from becoming a member and get the required posts to start perusing all of this site. I'm fairly sure if one of my family members, probably my wife, went through my posts and comments she would be able to identify me. I really do not care. I suspect there are some giggly girls or guys out there who have nothing to do than view us as a curiosity or worse. I'm sure there are cross dresser haters who also lurk in the shadows. I think many of the lurkers are MtF cross dressers who are scared to death of someone finding out. Be sure to clear you "history" when signing off.

I find it somewhat amusing if one "google's" my sign on name there is a woman on the Internet using that handle and it is definitely not me. Also, under my real name there is a gentleman who has an intensive amount of postings about his business.

Untitled
    How else would potential members find out that this is a friendly and supportive site which is a lot cleaner than some of the so called crossdressing sites?

You must have not been bothered about viewing others contributions before you joined.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

It seems a positive source of information for non-members. I just find the term "Lurker" not very inviting.

In general, a "lurker" is a non-member who comes around on an open forum to look at postings, pictures, etc. They are not able to do so in a 'closed' setting, where only the forum members can see forum content. If you check the bottom of any thread, it usually shows the number of members signed on and perusing that particular thread, and also a count of how many guests or 'lurkers' are on it as well. For instance, when I was typing this post, there were nine people on this thread:three members and six guests.

And I agree that this place is a wonderful source of information.

I don't care, but without logging in as a member you are limited on what you can view on this site.

I don't think I have yet posted the required number to have mush access.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sorry, much. Good speller, poor typist.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TamaraD View Post
    Just something I wondered about before joining. Do members object to non - members viewing the forums?
    Non-members have limited access to what forums are visible to them. I don't see why there would be any objections. How else would you be able to know if this is the right place for you?
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Not a bit, I was reading and it gave me the confidence this was a great forum to meet friends and discuss CD and other stuff.

I don't mind at all. I looked in for a little while to see if this was the kind of forum that I really needed to help me open up and start to realize who I am. And if my posts help someone else, then I'm all for it.

I don't object at all. I was reading this site long before I had the courage to join. By reading, I found what a helpful and supportive group this is. I have learned a lot here and continue to do so.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Taylor took the words out of my mouth! I have no objection and it is a good place to learn a lot! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I'm a lurker 80 % of my time on here. Only log on to comment. I look at the other boards maybe once a week. Before I registered I visited about 3 months. Think a lot of lurkers are members like myself and the remaining people deciding the next step in their lives.

Platinum Member
    Hardly. Where would we all have come from.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I had been a member of The Gender Society, which I recommend, but was actively looking for another forum that works well on mobile devices. It didn't take long for me to decide to sign up here.

I did lurk for about six months on The Gender Society, though, before mustering the courage.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Not much we can do about it, even if we did. As a practical matter, I have mixed feelings. There are things discussed here that I wish were not associated with the TG community, but with the rare exception, they are a part of the TG community and so deserve to be here as much as any other. Ever forum, regardless of topic, has it's "radical fringe" (if you will), it's purists, it's troublemakers, and it's lurkers. Compared to many online communities, crossdressers.com is a model of civility and comportment.

Banned Read only
    Tamara,
    I don't have a problem but it's best not to forget that it is an open forum and half the World can see what you say and the pictures you post. It is good to have some sections only open to members , the ten post rule takes out some lurkers who aren't there for the right reasons .I don't think anyone has had a bad experience being on this forum from visitors, maybe someone could ask that question in a new thread.

That's how I started 12 yrs ago
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I was lurking for some time prior to joining. Just reading the threads gave me courage and support, which I was not getting anywhere else. I was grateful for some of the responses others were posted to posed questions.

I lurked around here for several months but never had the courage to post ... I finally decided to get off the pot and join in some of these lovely conversations

Like many others, I was a lurker for multiple years before biting the bullet last year and becoming a poster. Like many others, I was afraid to have my identity on a crossdresser board.

And then last year I decided WTF and joined and started posting pictures--and a few months later going out. Posting on here was a step in getting comfortable.

So, no, I don't mind. Plus, there are probably a few guests who are SO's of TG partners who are looking for information. I hope our posts have helped at least one lurker/guest SO deal better with their partner.

Aspiring Member
    Of course we've got to be visible to the outside world. How else will they know we exist, what we do, what we're like, and that we offer support to all?

Of course i don't mind non-members viewing. We were all non-members once!

If i hadn't been able to look at the discussions here first, i would never have decided to join. (I briefly looked at a few CDers groups on FB and decided very quickly that they were certainly not for me!) A person needs to know what sort of group they are joining.

Anyway, some sections of this forum are for members only if you have issues about privacy.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."