Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I

Should I

I was reading the thread "How did you feel going out en femme for the first time ? " The first time was in Waikiki with the wife in 2014. Nervous, scared thinking every one is looking at you. i have not gone out dressed since then, not that I am scared to to so, just to much going on to do so.

We are currently in Maui until Friday. Then we have plans to go to Waikiki so I can go out as Stephanie. ( Dawn P is just my log on name female version of my male name.) I been thinking of going home because of lacking confidence of going out for my second time in a major tourist area. Another reason this may sound dumb. I forgot to pack my sandals or a pair of wedges, I packed heels, I never noticed female tourist wearing heels and i have been coming to the islands for years.

My question is should I suck it up and just do it.

I say go for it! Maybe you can pick up a cheap pair of sandals if it makes you more comfortable.

Dawn as Elizabeth says I bet you can find some cheap shoes to wear. Don't let this keep you from going out and having some fun.

Buy a pair of flip flops. Do it. Or, go out at night. Heels always work at night.

Platinum Member
    So, is it still safe to say that your wife was and remains supportive? If the answer remains yes, then of course. Don’t let the sandals be an excuse. First go out shopping with your wife, maybe each of you can pick up some nice casual outfits....then get made up, dressed and meet the world again together!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I would say go for it!!
    Once you get home you might regret not doing it..
    Best Wishes, Paula

I couldn't just go out. I would be way too afraid. I did it for a costume party, but thats not really going out. I would have to have some kind of special circumstance.

Definitely YES! Just go to the ABC store and pick up some flipflops and go for it. You will regret it if you don't. You are in Waikiki, are you kidding me! Go, go, go and send some pictures back Brenda

Another vote to go buy some cheap but somewhat fancy flip flops or sandals and go out!

Go for it. The locals can’t look down on you any more then they already do because you’re a tourist.

Yes you should go out and enjoy your selves. Buy some different shoes if that will make you feel better about being out in public. It's been a very long time since I was there. I remember going to a couple of clubs that you could wear your heels .

Get a pair of flip-flops and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    I couldn't just go out. I would be way too afraid. I did it for a costume party, but thats not really going out
    Why is that not really going out? It seems like you're moving the goalposts on yourself. That was out. You went out. Take the win. And, now that you've gone out -- go do it again.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Platinum Member
    I agee with Pat, there are two states.... in (meaning in the privacy of your home); or OUT (referring to places not ‘in). Presumably people saw you at the Halloween thing. Some said, huh, cute costume. Others said, hmmmmmmm and a few thought, well, that explains everything.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Get a pair of flip-flops and go.

Why is that not really going out? It seems like you're moving the goalposts on yourself. That was out. You went out. Take the win. And, now that you've gone out -- go do it again.
    You're a nice person.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I agee with Pat, there are two states.... in (meaning in the privacy of your home); or OUT (referring to places not ‘in). Presumably people saw you at the Halloween thing. Some said, huh, cute costume. Others said, hmmmmmmm and a few thought, well, that explains everything.
    You are also nice. I am learning that people CD for different reasons. I think I like the photography exhibition side of it. Maybe that's a bad reason to do it.

Err, if ever you needed an excuse to go shopping for a suitable pair of shoes.......

As others have said, buy a cheap pair of flip flops and go for it.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Don`t miss out the chance, go and have fun and you be glad you did Dawn p

Another vote for picking up some sandals and getting out!!

Dawn,

Quick. Find a shoe store. Buy yourself some appropriate shoes or sandals. I'd personally go with the heels but I understand about blending into the environment
    Suck it up? Be eager. Don't just suck it up. It's an opportunity to celebrate your inner woman.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Suck it up and just do go to the international market and get you pair of sandals or wedges

Banned Read only
    Dawn,
    You've gone that far and taken a range of clothes, I would simply go out and buy some nice wedges or sandals , what's going to hurt by going out dressed i a busy tourist area when no one knows you . I wouldn't mind betting you will make more friends dressed than in drab mode .

I'd say go for it. When I started going out, I started slow, visiting small stores, supermarkets and empty streets in darkness. That way I gained some confidence. Then I started going out in daytime doing the same, I also started to go to restaurants, later bars and club for dancing.
    The more confidence I gained the more I walked around like a GG. Today I don't have any problem to do whatever I want, even for a whole day. Many people can see me and react, but lately (last years) I seem to blend pretty well, even being dressed in short skirts and dresses.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Just do it, life is too short not too! Just my mid life crisis opinion for what it is worth.
    Daisy x

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Aloha 🍍🏝🌞🏄

Isn't there a Payless nearby, or at least a touristy place selling maybe some embellished sandals? Girl, find the shoes, then rock it girl, you'll regret it if you don't.

No payless on the island also no Lane Bryant. There are three Torrids. They are not close to Wiakiki.