Thread: It happened again!!

It happened again!!

Yesterday at work I answered the phone and was mistaken for a women (love it when this happens)
    My voice at work and especially on the phone usually has a softer volume with a higher pitch, I actually don’t mind it at all. Do any of you have this happen too? Another wonderful way that I feel womanly when I am underdressing
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

Very cool!! My guy voice is pretty deep and resonant, my female voice is much different...
    Please call me Lisa!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. And, it never will------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wow that could never happen to me, when people talk to me they joke if there talking to Rocky Balboa.

While I don't have a particularly deep voice, this has never happened to me....How do you respond.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Jamie,
    Sometimes I just roll with it, other times I will tell them I’m actually a guy. Last time I didn’t say anything to them just let them know my boss would be back in an hour and if they wanted to call back which they did, when he called back I was close by and overheard the gentleman on the phone (which my boss likes to use speakerphone) say ‘the young girl there was telling me ...... ‘ (don’t want to bore you with whole conversation and also there are no female employees working here ). My boss never said anything about his comment about young girl and I just smiled when I heard it
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

Robyn16: I have a pretty deep male
    Voice but several times on the phone while talking to female telemarketers I have been mistaken for a female. I have been
    Mistaken for a lady at the drive thru@ McDonalds.

Silver Member
    I have always had a soft and rather effeminate voice.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have answered the phone at home and had the caller say Oh good I'm speaking to the lady of the house.
    Its happened a few times in public too.

I get this all the time. I just let it go. My wife thinks it's funny

Apparently my voice automatically goes higher whenever I answer the phone. My SO has noticed, which is amusing for her, and sometimes I'll get the "ma'am" response on the phone. The real fun is when the telemarketers call, and I go all Southern femme on them. "What was that, sugah? Oh my yes, you HAVE reached the right numbah, yes indeed ..."

It happens to me too, specially when chatting to women I notice my voice in a higher pitch.

also when on my morning walk, when greeting ladies.