Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great night girl watching!

Great night girl watching!

I went to the grocery store! It must have been girls night out! There were all sizes and shapes! It was great to see what they all were wearing! I saw one wearing stockings(pantyhose?) with a cute below the knee red flowered skirt! One in a Maxi dress and mid calf boots! Another in some light tan dress pants! One in a midi dress with boots and leg warmers! Oh, I thought I was in heaven for a while! I was able to come away with some dressing ideas anyway! Do you do the same? Girl watch for dressing ideas? Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member
    Yes:
    I attended a Funeral service last weekend. Some of the girls wore the normal L.B.D.
    There where two, about 20 something, a size 2, and a black dress well above the knee.
    And low cut front and rear. O' How it would be to be young and slim again.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lana Mae the grocery is a great place to get outfit ideas especially around 5:30 6:00 pm as the ladies are headed home from work.
    Some are office casual and some rather dressy.
    Glad you got some ideas.

I generally check out folks wherever I am, trying to figure out if something would look good on me. I don't really check out the 20-year-olds -- what's the point? That will only make me suicidal. I generally pay attention to the older women with pale complexions, so-so figures and thin hair. They're my peeps!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Absolutely, Lana Mae! I think that's one of the best ways, if not the best, to get a fashion sense for what women are wearing now. You know that's what they're doing--looking at the other ladies to see what they're wearing. Like you mention, it makes going out on routines like going to the grocery store so much more fun.

And on a somewhat related note, I'll look at the styles I already own and see how women are wearing them and how they should look when they fit right. A recent example was a really cute pair of dark brown knee high boots that I recently bought. I wasn't sure if they fit right because there was a little extra room around my jeans at the top when I wear them tucked in. So I started looking at women with similar boots, and no that's how some of them fit. Kinda silly I know, but made me feel better.
    Last edited by Leelou; 11-09-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I often take a stroll around my local city center. Lunchtime is great when all the office workers are out shopping, so many lovely fashion items on show. Gives me a head full of ideas.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Rader-Yes even at funerals we can get fashion ideas!
    Tracii-Yes this particular grocery is the one I go to most often and there is a wide diversity of fashion sense here!
    Pat-That is so funny! I felt that way about the 20 something with the leg warmers! The lady with the light tan dress pants was also in that range! Their looks were to die for! No the cute little lady with the flower skirt was more my speed or the one with the jeans and pancake hat! LOL
    Leelou-Girl watching helps in so many ways! I know that would make me feel better!
    Diane-That is exactly what happened tonight! I posted the thread because it was like a magical happening tonight as it all came together! LOL
    Thanks all for responding!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My grocery is in a poshy neighborhood and the women generally are well dressed.
    Its less that a 1/4 mile down the street so its convenient for me.
    As a matter of fact the outfit I have on in my avatar I saw a lady wearing in that grocery one fall day.
    I complimented her on the outfit and she said she got it at Chico's.
    I said Oh really I just got their sale book yesterday but haven't looked at it yet.
    She said there are so many cute outfits in that store I could shop there for hours.
    I said I know I love Chico's too.
    Needless to say I went the next day and bought it and a maroon blazer.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-09-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Yes-I do check out the women to see what they are wearing. Sometimes I wish that I was young again and be able to dress like that. I also wish that women would go back to wearing dresses/skirts with pantyhose.

I agree that you can get fashion ideas at a grocery store. Always nice girls there and wearing nice clothes.
    Part Time Girl

Lana, every time I am out in public I do the same. I love to look at the women and their cloths at church. They dress for comfort, but with a touch of class. Laura and I talked about the attire the ladies were wearing at the airport, while having lunch. Girl watching is the bomb.

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    I'm checking out GGs more when out walking the dog,as I'll be doing this soon myself dressed , what they put together to look feminine and still keep warm , also how much makeup they wear and how they style their hair . Most have usually pulled on some comfy clothes , given their hair a quick flick and maybe a little foundation . Achieving the understated look is as hard as doing the full works, we can look good then but doing minimum is a tricky one to pull off for a CDer .

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae , Over the years I have got a lot of great ideas from watching,

When I see a particular attractive lady I make a mental picture and make a mental note
    and dissect the look and try to copy the look in my next dressing session.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Girl watching is one of my favorite things. I am usually looking to see if I could make their outfit work. BUt sometimes I think it is just my male self checking out women. Like admiring a fine piece of art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Tracii-I go in guy mode so I do not ask where they got this or that, but it still gives me ideas!
    Joanne-One lady was in a flowery skirt and had on sort of toast colored pantyhose not tights! I also saw two dresses but could not tell about hosiery!
    Dana-This store is such a melting pot! All races and cultures! Rich and poor! It is just great to watch it all go on!
    Amy-We ate outside and the group of women were behind me so I could not see what they were wearing! Maybe I should have sat on the opposite side! LOL
    Teresa-At work,I noticed today that the office manager wears mostly eye makeup with some light foundation! A Hospice nurse that visits from time to time had on heavier eye make up and a lot of mascara, her eyes were popping! Most of the CNAs wear very little to no make up! My wife seldom wore make up!
    Thanks all for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I often feel sad, when i see many pretty women, because i never got to court and marry one, and i will die alone, never having a mate.

I've always been a girl watcher, and yes at one time I engaged in a little lustful gazing. But most often I was checking out what the women wore, how they carried themselves, their hair (always loved great hair).
    I've told this to the wife. If I was in a group of 5 men and a beautiful woman passed by, 4 of the men would be expressing carnal interest or wishing for something physical. I was the sole one quietly saying to myself "God, I'd look great in that dress.", or, "Oh I wish I looked like that."

Now it seems I am constantly scoping out women for what they wear, how they wear it, their mannerisms. It's more like a learning expedition.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Lana Mae,
    You're scarin' me now. I was just at the grocery store earlier tonight doing the exact same thing. LOL.

Love love love girl watching... love noting what they are wearing, how they move, talk, accessorise... its one of my favourite pastimes...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

When my office was in downtown Boston, I always went out at lunch for a walk and spent a lot of time looking at the various outfits the women were wearing. Some dresses with hose, some bare legged, not a lot of heels, but all very informative. Usually I'd find at least one where I would think how I'd look in her clothes and/or shoes!

I work in an office in a large company, and I love some of the ladies' smart, corporate outfits.
    I am disappointed how many wear trouser suits nowadays, though.

I always get warning when Hazel is surfacing because I catch myself focusing on their shoes and ankles!

Banned Read only
    In my area I have found the best place for woman watching in after Sunday church at Costco. I don't know why families troop off to Costco after Sunday services. Is it the $1.50 hot dog and soda? Anyway, the women must be of the mind that Sunday best is a dress, hosiery and heels. The business/financial center of town is another great place for watching well dressed women. The neighborhood grocery stores are a big zero. Target is not too bad. There are plenty of women grabbing something to take to work after dropping the kids off at school.

And, yes, sometimes I wish I could ask one of those women where she bought her dress.

Funnily enough, I try not to girl-watch too much unless my wife is with me...for some reason I am intimidating in male mode, and make others uncomfortable, even when I am trying not to. My wife calls it the 'cop-factor' even though I am not in law enforcement. If she's with me, that factor seems to be lessened.

It's pretty fun when she catches me at it, and knows I am scoping the outfit or shoes.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I don't specifically go out to watch, but when I am out in public in either mode, I have noticed what they are wearing and thought to myself, that is an interesting outfit or ensemble, and took it as some inspiration. My wife also helps out with her fashion advice, so I get it on both ends.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Attended a formal work event last night (en dude), where the women's attire ranged from cocktail dresses to floor-length gowns, with a full range of legwear represented, from tights to bare legs.