Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Critiques/Advice Welcomed

Bella, my dear, you look wonderful, like a confident young woman going about her business.

You look very feminine and have nothing to worry about... From what I see, you are a girl... Nice jacket btw...

I definitely do not see a man in that picture. You could add a few accessories to enhance the illusion, and of course, it's impossible to judge how you move or sound from a still image - but based on what we can see here, I don't think you have a problem.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    Take heart some real women don't really pass.
    Yeah, but on close examination THEY pass, but WE don't. That's the major difference.

One 2D pic does not a definition make. Here on a crossdresser forum, you're going to get the answers you want. Post the pic on hot or not, and get an honest opinion....or 100. If you see a MIAD, it's pretty obvious that lots of others do, too. That doesn't mean you can't go out. Just be safe, always have an escape route in mind. .
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Okay, if you want honesty ... I don’t think any of us pass. I actually have done the poll and everyone I have asked tells me that they figured it out almost immediately. But, I also think it doesn’t matter. Just about everyone I have encountered seems to be accepting or is too self involved to care. So, just go out and be proud to be you. The part that people seem to appreciate the most is self confidence, which will get you much further than a perfect presentation. In my case, confidence comes from knowing that I am not passable, but also knowing that I have the right dress as I wish and go wherever I want. That said, one should not forget about safety, which is mostly about staying away from desolate streets late at night.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Bella hon, If I could look that good, I'd never go male again

now- if I were to find anything to criticize, and I was in a particularly -um- catty mood, I might think to myself "that girl needs to do something with her hair, it looks kinda 'wiggy'.

but 999 out of 1000 times I probably wouldn't give a second thought as to your female-ness.

So - I'm wondering - how do you SOUND?

Banned Read only
    Bella,
    Honest answer you look OK , maybe wear your wig slightly lower on your forehead but that's splitting hairs , if I saw you in the next aisle in the ladies section I wouldn't think you look out of place .

It's mostly in our mind , go with the SAs they are honest enough to give you a sensible answer , just enjoy being Bella .

Aspiring Member
    Bella,
    Your appearance is very lady-like and you should not worry. I wish I looked as good.

After reading many of the responses, I really like the encouraging comments here. It helps me to overcome my reservations and hopefully it will help others. I think Julie's view is very realistic, so we just need to venture out as our authentic gender, enjoy and be happy.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Bella, a single photo is not what folks see when u r out. So, what we see may not help.
    If you have a video camera, get some footage of how you walk. Your look is very passable but, the final self approval is mannerisms in motion.
    And really, passing is often highly overrated.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Bella, you look great!

You look great and quite passable in the photo. But the photo doesn't show your entire body. And as DocRobbySherry pointed out, the photo is just from one angle. Julie in post 30 is right on with several points too. I think passing at first glance is the best chance most of us have. People that do a double take may not know for sure, but many will. As they say, just own it sweetie!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I do need to get into at least some accessorizing - I'm not much on jewelry, but I do see the point of needing to do something.

I want to try to find a better wig that looks less "wiggy".

I will check out "Hot or Not" to see if I wanna post my pic there. Good suggestion for me to try, thanks

I rarely get to go places dressed, but I will try to get some video next time, if I can. It will require an assistant.

Thanks girls!
    Bella

Hi Bella,
    Your photo' is lovely & you certainly look as though you would pass.
    You also look extremely happy and confident about being yourself, which i think is very important as well.
    Nic
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I think you look very passable and not at all a MIAD.

Bella, you look beautiful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    You look passable in my opinion. I suspect you're right concerning the woman who did multiple takes on your presentation. That's a clue that you passed visually. It was causing her mind confusion because your face was not matching your voice. I think you're an example of solving the inquiry of another sister (Stilleto Gurl) as to whether a proper wig would aid in obscuring her masculine mind image.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I was doing some serious study of ladies while shopping yesterday, I saw a few that I was curious about. Eventually I heard them speak and realized there are plenty of women out there who have masculine features. Based on your picture I don't think I would have been curious about you.

I think you look very passable, but I see two improvements you might consider.

The wig is showing a very high forehead, more typical of a man than a woman. Maybe it just needs to be pulled down a little. I think they say that the wig should be at your natural hairline, but your natural hairline may be higher than the typical GG.

Second, I love the wig style. My problem is that I have a very oval face. I don't have any pageboy style wigs because most of them are not long enough and accentuate my long face. I think a couple of extra inches so the hair comes below your chin would look better on you. Plus, maybe a little poofier hair on the side would soften your face.

Since you look so good already, go to a real wig store and get fitted for a wig. The first wig I picked out for myself was what I liked on GGs. Neither the color, length or style looked good on me. When I got up the muffins to go to a wig store, I tried on well over a dozen wigs and the stylist would brush each one out to make it look better on me. So, go to a wig store.

If you are caught or killed, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self destruct in 5 seconds.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thanks Steffi,

You are the second to mention high wig placement. You are probably onto something about gender and hairline differences. I matched it with my natural hairline, which could possibly be receding some or not, but if it is, I haven't noticed yet.

You are also onto something about longer hair. I do have a longer brunette wig, but I think it makes me look like a hunchback out back. You are probably right about just slightly longer. I do have to cover my sideburns, I did give up facial hair for now to CD in public, but the sideburns are non-negotiable.

You are right about going to a wig shop. I do plan to go to one. Both of my current wigs are of the $30 variety and one does get what they pay for, so a wig shop visit is definitely in order!

I appreciate getting the advice that I am seeking. CDing is hella fun!

Thanks,
    Bella

Hey Bella, nice pic. I see a woman. I think you look great. Now there's two of us that shop that mall, looking forward to seeing you down there soon.

Thanks Meg,

There is just one problem, you shop the whole mall and I just shop Maurices. I literally snuck in through Peebles, which we both know, is dead.

I need you sisterly encouragement to do more!

Bella

You look extremely passable. I"m assuming nobody clocked you on appearance alone.

Bella, in the nicest possible way, I wouldn't have given you a second look.
    ;-)

I say you are passable, and attractive
    and its a nice jacket!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Totally passable. On the other hand is this the only pic out of 3,427 where you feel happy with the results?

Seriously, your choice of wig and clothes is very natural, informal, just as most women would wear to go shopping. I'd be very curious to see you in different looks, to see if you can carry other modes off just as well.

Congrats - you're definitely doing something right.
    I used to have a short attention spa