Thread: Anyone here ever "do" early Saturday mornings?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Anyone here ever "do" early Saturday mornings?

Honestly, I feel it can be a great time to be out & about, for all kinds of reasons.
    Well, as luck would have it, my odd & varied schedule allowed me to do just that today!

Granted, I don't do full en-femme anymore. Is it easier for me, in that regard? I suppose on some levels, it very well is.

Though at the same time, I was (and still am) literally dressed head-to-toe in women's clothing -- albeit in guy-mode.

Actually wore this exact outfit (with similar running shoes), right down to the same colors.

Full-length compression tights/leggings with moderate sheen to them, with the darn-warm & comfy hoodie sporting a shaped drop-tail hem that covers about 90% of the butt (which arguably does say "women's")...

leg hood 1.jpg

Is it necessarily easy? Yes & no. But you just say screw it, and do it anyway.

Really the perfect morning for it, IMO, as I got a fairly early start (at least for me, heh ) -- and it was *quite* chilly out! Basically 27 to 35 degrees (F).

[NOTE: Feel free to skip to the very end, if you don't want to read a bunch of rambling...]

Began with hitting the independent mechanic's for some new tires. I only started using them recently, and I've never been dressed there until today. Complete with full-serve gas pumps -- and as I was walking from my car to the inside, an SUV had pulled up & the guy went out to start pumping. I noticed the GG-driver staring at my legs way too long (which was fine with me), and the pump-guy did a double-take... Eyes up here, buddy! Yes, he knew I caught him once we made eye-contact, LOL.

As I was waiting inside for them to finish up, I saw a couple runners go by... She had a killer lower-body & was wearing some awesome flashy/femmy running tights, and even *he* was wearing some all-black ones (though with shorts over them -- wuss! )

Hey, apparently I was starting the day off right, with that.

The wait was pretty uneventful. The waiting room is around the corner, behind the main service desk, and shares an entrance to the garage. The service guy (who I noticed looking some more, heh) & the mechanic both walked thru a couple times each, as they puttered about. But no other customers while I was there... Was sorta hoping a GG would show up, anyway. Ah, well.

After the new tires were on, I figured I'd keep going, as it was still pretty early, and I was feeling confident & looking good. Headed to the nearest grocery store. And on the way? Two GG-runners, both also wearing all-black running tights! I slowed down to check out the scenery. Really starting to feel at home now.

Pretty uneventful at the grocery store, too. Not many eyes on me, for a change, as I suppose people were still kinda half-asleep, trying to focus on shopping, their senses dulled by the cold? Did notice a few 20/30-something GG's taking some looks, and also a 20-something guy.

This store has a small health & beauty section, and I needed some skin-care stuff, which they didn't have. After the cashier rung up my order, trip to CVS, just down the street? Sure, why not!

And there, I had the best reaction of the day... After I grabbed a couple items, I headed to the cashier. GG maybe in her mid-50's. As I approached, I saw her eyes go down & up, and down & up again -- then the biggest, brightest smirky smile on her face, LOL! "Oh, yeah... Running tights on a guy, baby!" She was quite chatty as she rang up my stuff. Hmm...

And in the parking lot? Yet another GG wearing all-black running tights. Definitely the right morning for these!

Headed home, put away the groceries.

And yep, I felt I wasn't done yet! Hit a different grocery store further away, to stock up on stuff that's hard to find.

Ugh, totally mobbed there. I suppose it was getting a bit later now. But again, most people were just zoned out, hardly paying any attention to me that I could see (though I also don't have eyes in the back of my head, either).

All the check-out lanes were crowded, too. I just went with the shortest self-check-out express one -- as I did have the maximum amount of items "allowed," of course. And this thing was SLOW as heck! Took forever. Of course, all these customers came out of nowhere & suddenly started lining up behind me. Like, a *lot*! This was the first & only moment this morning that I started feeling self-conscious. I knew eyes were now on me. Lots of guys, too. Ugh. Yeah, I was "the dude wearing running tights" -- while doing non-fitness stuff, at that.

But, I muddled through as best I could, and finally got out of there.

Of course, I couldn't end my little morning on that kind of note, LOL!

Went home, put away those groceries. Then headed to the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru for some much-needed coffee -- and some much-needed GG-friendliness, especially after that last errand. Yup, got both!

Mind you, during all these back & forth trips, I was coming & going from my apartment. Several neighbors saw me. Then as I was getting my mail, two Amazon delivery guys suddenly walk in the lobby. I noticed one looked down at my legs & started smiling. Hi!

I was out there for a total of several hours. And you know what? It was FUN! Felt very free & very confident (except while checking out at that 2nd grocery store). Pretty much did not care one bit. Just got out there & did what I had to do. Kinda hate this expression, but I owned that stuff, yo!

At the same time, it's like, "What guy wears freakin' compression leggings while out & about doing errands??"

Answer: Apparently no one, but me. At least in my neck of the woods.

I know "guy-mode" isn't everyone's cup of tea, here. But if you ever happen to do the leggings/running tights thing in public, it is definitely a different beast compared to 100% en-femme, on some levels. I suppose those who have done both may know what I'm talking about.

In closing, I'm *sooo* sorry about the length of this post!

I'm beyond dead-tired on barely any sleep, yet still really excited -- and totally hopped-up on a boatload of caffeine!

So, regarding early Saturday morning outings... What say ye??

Laura,

Almost every Saturday and sometimes Sunday morning, i run errands (grocery store, dairy, warehouse club, etc.) in a similar outfit but with yoga pants instead of leggings. Usually early in the morning to avoid the crowds, but it isn't because of what I'm wearing. I just don't like crowds and traffic. I've worn similar for errands on the way home from the gym at night too.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Yoga pants, as in the bootcut style?

Yeah, those are nice enough. I have a handful (or two) of pairs. I got started on them. But I quickly became much more of an ankle-clinging kinda guy/gal... And you definitely get way more eyes on you, with those.

Though when paired with a hoodie, both are still a great look, IMO.

Mmm, yeah... early Sunday mornings, too?

Depending on the weather & my sleep schedule, I may just have to hit some more stores tomorrow, too.

Probably wear the same hoodie, but with those compression tights in navy, instead.

Crowds can definitely suck. I don't even like them when I'm dressed in men's clothing, LOL!

I dunno, it just seems like this early-morning stuff on the weekends, many people at this time slot -- including one's own self -- are just like, "Eh, who really cares who is wearing what. It's early, it's the weekend. All rules are out the window."

Very half-asleep, care-free, chill kinda "crowd." My kinda peeps!

And with the colder temperatures lately in the northeast? Perfect for this stuff!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    not my style but as long as you're having fun, you go girl.

Yep I went to the hair place en fem and was nicely greeted by the lady who does my hair.. Nice feeling and set up a appointment for Tuesday.
    Part Time Girl

I usually dress like that Sunday mornings as I go to the donut shop and Walmart. Same type of outfit... panties, yoga pants or leggings, bra, forms and what's really crazy is a Carhart sweatshirt. If Im in the "I don't care mood" I'll wear my Uggs.
    I think there are alot of dressers that dress this way! I'm envy of the dressers who could pass, but I know I couldn't so this is my out!
    Laurababe, you should start a blog for the way you present yourself! I think you would have alot of follows. I know I'd be there! Amber.

Lulu,

I've always been tempted to get some Uggs, but something always holds me back.

Eh, I've got some practical women's snow-boots, anyway, that I wear with leggings & long scrunched-up socks. Only other footwear that I do with this look. It has been a while... Can't wait until there's at least a quarter-inch of snow on the ground!

Oh, and Dana... That sounds awesome! Will you be en femme for your appointment? Please say yes!

Anyway, I found this comment interesting...

"I'm envy of the dressers who could pass, but I know I couldn't so this is my out!"

Not sure if you're talking about the outfit type, and/or the early weekend morning thing. But if the latter, I honestly believe it would make an excellent opportunity for those who do 100% en-femme, but are a bit nervous about going out during the daytime.

Seriously, it seems like people are zombies (more so than usual ), and aren't really paying as much attention. I was actually pretty surprised at the relative lack of eyes on me. Yeah, obviously I got some, but way less than I typically do, I found.

Not only that, but even when they did at least glance over a bit, it seems it didn't always fully register in their half-asleep minds!

Like I said, I feel this would be a great way for any type of CD'er, regardless how they're presenting, to get their feet wet during the daylight.

It's a time & day I've never had much experience with when it comes to public CD'ing, so I guess I'm just intrigued by it all, with the noticeable differences. Heck, even the weekday evening/nighttime, which is probably the closest to this time-slot, has a different vibe to it.

And yeah, some running tights or work-out leggings? Totally doable. Aside from that first GG-runner with the flashy & femmy print, black running tights seemed to rule the day this morning... Granted, only one other guy (shorts chicken! ), but the general public understands enough that it's a chilly early weekend morning, and people do go running/walking/biking, or hit the gym, at such a day & time. So, seeing others wearing these then (even the occasional guy, I suppose), isn't *too* out of the ordinary.

Heck, even fashion leggings would do. Why? Because "pajama bottoms"! At one of the grocery stores, I saw a GG maybe in her late-30's or early-40's, with hair mussed-up, wearing some cute & comfy-looking printed leggings in navy & white, looking like she just threw on a jacket & flats shortly after waking up. Just as with the later evening/nighttime crowd, I believe people will give others some "leeway"... Hey, they understand that sometimes you start getting settled in for the night (or recently woke up that morning), when you realize you need to pick up a few things at the grocery store or wherever. And not gonna get totally changed, just for that.

Anyway, looks like rain here for early Sunday morning. Meh, not worth. Supposed to clear up later, though, before the stores close early, so will go then. Always other weekend mornings!

Also decided to go with a black & gray print in that same style/brand of running tights. Works even better than the navy.

Seriously, I'm totally loving this particular hoodie of mine. Giving me tons of confidence, since I don't need to worry about my butt. And I finally get to wear it, since it's more of a cold-weather one that keeps me really warm & cozy. Definitely gonna have to get some other colors!

I go for a bike ride en femme most Saturday mornings with wig & forms. I wear a velvet sweat-suit in cold weather and short-shorts with a tank-top in hot weather. I'm usually en femme the entire day, and often go out to lunch and do a little shopping in the afternoon.

this would be an early Sunday morning thing for me. Have tried Saturdays and week days, but areas are just too busy to be comfortable. Sunday AM's are the best and I look forward to it weekly.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No interest in androgenous dressing unless one of my stories requires such a look.

Or, in going out to vanilla venues dressed. I find being out amongst the muggles dressed the way I like, stressful and NOT much fun.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What keeps me out of Uggs are my size 13 feet. I wear leggings too, but never out of the house - I get away with Yoga pants because, I think, my wife thinks of them the same as sweat pants. Perhaps she knows and perhaps she doesn't. She's not a yoga pant or legging person. Leggings would probably create an objection. However, there have been a pair of blue thermal leggings on my pants rack for the last couple of weeks - unnoticed or at least unmentioned.

I also wear skinny and regular leg ladies jeans out and about when i can. Wore regular leg jeans to visit my daughter at college a few weeks ago when my wife couldn't go. My daughter didn't say a word about it - It was the first time in her life that she's ever seen me in jeans.

I'm not trying to shock people. I'm just dressing in clothes that I find comfortable. If I didn't look decent in yoga pants, I wouldn't wear them out and about.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Did another Saturday-morning errand run today!

Same gray hoodie as last weekend, as it was pretty chilly out, but this time with these work-out tights (in guy-mode)...

UA pri leg.jpg

Definitely have a bit more sheen to them, but that's fine.

OMG, this time of day/week is just *crazy* with the younger GG's (20's thru 40's) wearing these things!

Plain black ones, work-out ones, and fashion ones (saw a really cute winter-y print at the gas station).

I think the best pair was one maybe in her early- to mid-40's. Definitely the work-out variety... A really gorgeous purple with some white color-block thingies. Always love it when they step up their girl-game like that. Ubiquitous solid black? ZZZzzzz...

Perfect timing, as I ended up walking a bit behind her into the store. There were a few cars/people outside at the time, so if anyone caught the sight of us walking in, it may have been kinda funny seeing both a GG & a dude wearing them.

And as I was waiting to be rung up, she came up behind me in line! I look over & didn't even notice her batting an eye, to be honest. Even though I'm sure she saw at some point. Hey, if anyone were to "get it," why I'm wearing these, I'm guessing her type would be the one?

Best reaction of the day? (Not like I'm intentionally trying to get one, BTW)...

At the grocery store, after I'm paid-up, I turn the shopping cart & head to the exit, as I gotta walk a long straightaway along the front... And I catch a GG working there, maybe in her early- to mid-20's, literally just *staring* at my legs the whole time! I'm actually looking directly at her face -- and she doesn't even look up. What is up with GG's at this age??

As I finally walk right by her, she suddenly looks up at my face. Busted!

I just looked away, as I had to turn for the door. $20 says she looked again, to see if she could check out my butt (and no, she couldn't, LOL!).

But yeah, sooo many GG's in this age-range are simply horrible at "sneaking a peek." Ah, I suppose it's something that comes with age? Because I don't know how many times I've caught them just literally staring for a really long time (and no, not at my "male front," which is sufficiently covered). I dunno, I guess maybe because they're so used to seeing only GG's wearing them?

Sorry, ladies, but you don't get to hog these things for yourselves!

Plus, I guess I do have some pretty nice legs?

Anyway, I still say these weekend mornings are a great time to be out & about. Lots of fun, and very liberating & even empowering!

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Just walked around town doing errands (2 miles) with my wife. I am wearing plaid leggings with shorts. I wear this combination a lot for walking, jogging, and cycling in the fall/winter. Usually only bothering with the shorts if I am going to a shop. I haven't really noticed anything lately.

I do remember walking into a supermarket after a walk with my wife, and old guy just eyeballing my legs, and then giving me dirty looks.

Well I just did a Saturday evening taking my dog for a walk wearing black danskin Capri running rights with gray leopard prints.so warm here in New England right now for a Saturday after thanksgiving though the sun just set a little while ago.