Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think long hair is in for senior SO, or shorter hair is best ?

Silver Member
    I really don't think it's a question of In or Out. Fashion is not the same as Your Style. If it works on you, do it.

I recently bought a couple of dresses that are so short you normally think they are for twentysomethings, not a 57 yo man. But I get told over and over "You totally have the legs for it. Go for it. Just don't drop anything that you have to bend over to pick up. You don't want to show off your underwear, too." LOL. And they do look cute on me.

How senior is senior?
    I am 48 and have not had my hair cut in over 24 years.

If you want to look sexy, you keep your hair long and maintain it. If you want to look like and old lady, just chop it off.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My mom kept her hair long in her 70s and I thought it made her look old. It could be that she didn't do much to style it. At 64 some of my hairs that have turned gray do have a different texture (thicker, kinky). I suppose that isn't true with everyone, but it is for many.

Of course, hair length and style that works best depends on one's face, neck etc. Women with long, skinny necks look better with long hair for example.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

At 71 my hair has just a bit of grey at the temples. It was always very fine but has gotten finer and more fragile with age and it is a struggle to keep it from breaking and keep it long; about the top of my shoulder blades at present. I can see my scalp when viewed from security cameras mounted high and was quite shocked when first seen, particularly after washing my hair and wet combing it with some mousse to get more body, but it appears much closer to the kind of hair loss women experience.
    I have seen ads for hair revitalizing - Restasis is one, which use the same stuff as is sold for male baldness; has anyone used this with any success and is it worth the expense?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Reality Check
    Most women my age have shorter hair, either white of bluish. Long hair on older women seems out of place, especially if it's not styled and well taken care of.

As for me, a short wig is impractical because I have my natural hair and it will show around the edges of the wig. The longer wig also hides any back hair above the top of my blouse or dress. I wear a shoulder length wig, not a long one.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    If you want to look sexy, you keep your hair long and maintain it. If you want to look like and old lady, just chop it off.
    If you are old, "sexy" has probably left the building. Just like a real woman, there's a point where looking sexy is no longer an option.
    Krisi

Rayleen You already know how I feel as an older person Gray Wig And short Hair, About the way you wear your hair. Thank you for the private message
    and friend request.
    Carrie
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

I notice this also and my wife wears shorter hair, as do most of her friends. Dhe is 74 and I 75. I have 3 wigs, each of a different length. I select which one I will wear based upon mood, clothing selection and where I will be going.

Platinum Member
    Most of the older women I know have shorter hair. It seems it is a maintenance issue. My wife use to have long hair when we were first married. She needed more time to wash and dry. Before she lost all her hair to chemotherapy last year her hair was very curly and hit her shoulders. It is growing back in now. It has back in very very soft, almost like a newborn baby. I think many women when they are young are consciously or unconsciously playing to the perception men prefer long hair on women. After a while, especially with babies and toddlers wrapping their little fingers in long hair, they go for the low maintenance look. And, if the woman is no longer interested in attracting a male or if her spouse does not give any push back, then it's the shorter styles.

I have a curly grey wig that is shoulder length.

yes the senior class does seem to like it shorter ,I wear mine in a form of pixie cut ,I have a person at the local super cuts who knows how I like it so every 2 weeks she trims it up for me, the nice thing about a pixie cut is that it is unisex ,going to visit my mom on turkey day she is 97 wait til she sees it lol

I wouldn't go for long (like shoulder length), but I like something in between that and pixie. So, kind of a full look with the longer sections of hair reaching almost to the collar works for me.

Silver Member
    Some older women suffer hair thinning/loss and shorter hair is more practical. Many are also married or not looking for a man so there is no reason spend as much time on it (as they would when they were younger and looking to attract a man etc.) I have my own long hair, and it really can be a pain to deal with at times, so I understand.

I don't mind short hair on women, I actually rather like it if it is cute and feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Most women my age have shorter hair, either white of bluish. Long hair on older women seems out of place, especially if it's not styled and well taken care of.

As for me, a short wig is impractical because I have my natural hair and it will show around the edges of the wig. The longer wig also hides any back hair above the top of my blouse or dress. I wear a shoulder length wig, not a long one.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If you are old, "sexy" has probably left the building. Just like a real woman, there's a point where looking sexy is no longer an option.
    Krisi, I have the same problem, grey hair shows with short wig, its better for me with a longer wig.
    Rayleen

For about 88 years I wore either a crewcut (military and rowing at college)or short hair for business reasons. Now with all family and friends passed and living 95% of my time as an accepted woman (visually) I have long silver gray hair over my shoulders. Love to comb it. Must admit I get aroused - that is as aroused as a 92 year old taking medicine for WWII injuries can be. Thank my mother's genes for the hair. Must remember to do a new avatar to show off.
    Julie
    Last edited by Julie Gaum; 11-25-2017 at 05:20 AM. Reason: ; instead of '
    Summer-wear time

Julie you look great and a great inspiration for all of us,

Thank you for your post

Rayleen