Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who many pictures of yourself do you have

who many pictures of yourself do you have

I just got through the last day off with another swipe at dresses I bought at GW. I had a blast on the 10 for $10 and 9 worked out real well. While sorting out my photos of the week I realized I had pictures of me in almost 500 different dresses. I often take 6 or 7 pictures, while dressed, then delete all but the best single picture. I have been doing this for several years now and have loaded them all to Flikr.

I just began to wonder, if this is an obsession with me, of course it is. Well how many pictures of dresses do you have saved away?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I occasionally take pictures, but only if I plan to post them here. I never leave any on my phone, though. I then delete them from every device, so my answer would be: none. I don't even have my profile picture that you see as my avatar!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I don't think I have any of me in a dress, but I probably have a few dozen of other outfits. I have been doing this for only a month or so.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Vanity is not strong in me.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    This is becoming a real problem for me. 11 gigs of photos, nearly 1700, and most of them taken in the last 6 months.

Aspiring Member
    I have 16 of me dressed. I have taken less than 12 of me in drab in my life.
    Sara

I'm only a little obsessed about 500 pictures over a 5 year period not counting the ones on the cutting room floor. Have been taking less pictures lately, maybe I've out grown it or have a little more confidence in my appearance.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    over 1000 on my phone

I have about 8 in my collection .. not big on pics overall

This propensity towards self-photography among CD and TG women I find an amazing phenomenon.

Does anyone know WHY you do it? Narcissism? Self-love? Validation? Fascinationi? A "WTF" factor? a cheap thrill?
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I have two. Both taken from my visual point of view, so there's no facial shot there anywhere. One looking downward while in my cute maid's dress, the other, taken using a full length mirror of the view from the back. And from the back, I look like some poor maid turned into the hulk....not good. I keep it to remind myself NEVER to ever think I would pass, anywhere.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have at least 1000 but I fear technology so I don't take any pics with my cell phone, I'm afraid with a slip of a finger I will send pics to all my contacts.
    I take pics with a camera and put them on a secure memory card, l believe someone here had mentioned if I have an old phone with no database to use that phone for pictures.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Here's a cut and paste of the actual properties of the folder which archives images and videos.
    There's a folder of recent file that haven't been archived yet of unknown proportion.

164 GB (176,477,347,840 bytes)

12,753 Files, 476 Folders

I don't see anything obsessive at all.

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    This propensity towards self-photography among CD and TG women I find an amazing phenomenon.

Does anyone know WHY you do it? Narcissism? Self-love? Validation? Fascinationi? A "WTF" factor? a cheap thrill?
    All of the above, I also enjoy visual record keeping.

Platinum Member
    None....none at all
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Like Carla, I have filled about 12 SD cards with pics of Sherry. The last 2 were 32 GB cards. And, I'm already 1/4 thru my next 32 GB card started just before Halloween! My stories require reams of pics in various outfits and settings.

If I have 100,000 pics taken over the last 10 years of just Sherry, I wouldn't be surprised!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have a least 200 from my photo shoot, and maybe another 50 or so selfies.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post

All but the last two, Ilene.

Two weeks ago I bought a pair of photo lamps with daylight color temp. In two evenings I took about 150 photos to try them out. From the last ten years I have thousands of them. Fortunately the pictures were smaller in bytes in the beginning. Now they add to storage in a much higher rate.
    Obsession? Not at all. Pictures are a good way of looking at myself from a new point of view. Besides - it is a nice technical side of it too. This is a combination from two pictures that both were taken in front of a mirror. The right part is mirror image, but from a different picture. It took me about one hour to pick and forge the two together. I had a nice time.
    duo336365 500x335 cd.jpg
    Marie

Approximately 4,472. Most are photos of myself but not all. Also, most could be put in the trash!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I'll take photos to critique my look but then I delete them. I do wish I did save some to judge my progress but overall I'm not a picture taker.

I take a bunch each time I get fully dressed. Usually just delete them though. Might keep one good one to show the missus.

Wow, last year I bought 80 dresses and took about 20 photos in each dress, that's about 1600 photos.

I've been trying to delete some but I hate deleting connections to my past.
    Especially one of me in dresses I got rid of.

I did delete about 100 last week.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 11-19-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Approximately 4,472.
    That's too funny!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sarah...... you're more than welcomed to add a few causal factors to the list.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.