Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing feminine but identifying as a male becoming mainstream?

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    Society is changing, and one of the best examples is live and let live. If you don't push yourself into their face, most people don't think about what you are doing. There will always be rednecks, but you just need to learn to stay away from them. As far as some of the comments go about religion goes, stay away from the rednecks also. There are some really loving and caring people found in churches, they are the ones who are living the principles, not just playing a game!
    So you don't think much of people from the south? Isn't that the same sort of prejudice you are complaining about? You know it goes both ways, right?
    Krisi

Society is changing, and one of the best examples is live and let live. If you don't push yourself into their face, most people don't think about what you are doing. There will always be rednecks, but you just need to learn to stay away from them. As far as some of the comments go about religion goes, stay away from the rednecks also. There are some really loving and caring people found in churches, they are the ones who are living the principles, not just playing a game!
    Just to be fair, sweetheart, "redneck" comes from someone who works (generally) in blue-collar jobs - mechanics, welders, farmers, etc - and the "red neck" is from having it burnt on a daily basis by the sun. I am, and my father was, a "redneck" - the people I believe you are describing are known as "a-holes."

As with women wearing men's clothes, it will probably still depend upon whether the wearer is trying to 'pass' himself off as a female. Women who have borrowed men's attire are rarely trying to pass themselves off as men. The metrosexual guy often wears things such as eyeliner, skinny jeans, those little socks which don't extend past the sneaker, etc., which are not known to be mainstream male adornments, but is not trying to pass himself off as female, so it's more seen as acceptable in some circles; you wouldn't necessarily see cowboys dressed like that nor find it appropriate.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My neck is as red as it comes. I am Tennessee raised, I have spent hours in a field picking corn and tomatoes, I have driven trucks as a personal vehicle for most of my life. I have spun a wrench, and driven a Semi. There are some really caring rednecks, and if you put in a hard day work with them they don't care what you wear while you do it. There are also some jerk rednecks. There are some great church going people, and there are some really horrible church going people.

Guess what according to some bible verses, I am not living by proper Christian principles. I have been asked to leave a Methodist church, and I still won't take communion to this day.

Huge difference between rednecks, and JERKS, or Church going or Jerks.

Let he without sin cast the first stone. Judge not lest ye be judges and yadda yadda yadda.
    Last edited by nikkim83; 11-21-2017 at 12:13 AM.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm a gay and a redneck how about them apples?
    Even owned and drove my own coal trucks. Jammed gears up and down mountains grossing over 100k lbs. Cant get much more red neck than that Gillian
    Most rednecks I know don't care if you are gay and like I have stated in other threads I have done trans meetings in small mountain towns in Eastern Kentucky with no problems with rednecks at all, in fact they treated us with respect.
    Attached Images Attached Images