Thread: Has your dressing ever come threw when in drab?

Question Has your dressing ever come threw when in drab?

Like the mannerisms you don't realise that you are doing?I will go first.
    A.When i was younger I had to have surgery they put the compression stocking on me.When i was waking up the nurse asked me to raise my leg up so she can take my stockings off unless i want to keep them.I said sure i will add them to my collection My folks asked what collection you talking about?The nurse without skipping a beat spoke up and said that i was still loopy and he will be talking out of his head.Apparently i am a talker when i go under.

B.I was rushed to the ER over chest pains i was transferred to another hospital when i got there i was handed a hospital gown.It did not tie in the back but at the side and stopped at the top of my knees.I thought to myself HA looks like a mini dress.Every time i had to get back to bed i would tuck the gown under my knee and sit butt first then swing my legs on.Just like i was wearing a dress I did not realise I was doing it until a young nurse gave me that sly I know your secret smile.I just gave her my cat just ate the canary grin.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

At one point in my late teens, still thinking that I was supposed to have been a girl, I started emulating various women's mannerisms in preparation for when god got around to 'fixing' me. Like how they crossed their legs, or sat right on one leg when sitting down, filing my nails instead of clipping them, brushing my hair instead of combing it, I even started wearing a cologne that, although marketed to men, was sort of on the feminine scent. I think it was 4711 or something like that, the name brand was just all numerals. I started openly reading their magazines while on break at work, Cosmo, Glamour, etc.. It all came to a grinding halt when I realized the image I was giving off to the nurses that I was working with; as one of them left the break room, she mentioned something about them taking up a collection for getting me a pair of silk panties, then giggled as she closed the door. Another had remarked that I would make an excellent nurse.
    Up to that point, I didn't even realize that any of them ever paid attention to me at all, or noticed what I was doing. Apparently in a desire to fit in with 'the girls', I had started to emulate the ones I worked with.
    And then I realized all the things that I had been doing, and that being surrounded by only women all day at work had left me with zero male social interactions. As I had been working up on the general floors of the hospital, when I switched to the e.r. where there were other men, I started to go back to mostly conventional male behavior.
    Having always been insecure throughout my childhood, I had picked up mannerisms and verbal styling from the people around me that I liked, perhaps in an effort to get them to like me. It wasn't a conscious decision to do it, and I didn't realize it at the time I was doing it. But once I realized what was happening, I thought back to all the ways that I had done it in the past. And I wonder how many of the people I was emulating knew what was happening to me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I catch myself doing those things sometimes, but male mannerisms and female mannerisms are often mixed together just like the sense I have of my gender. But instead of squelching the feminine hints I am throwing out when in drab, I just chuckle to myself and keep doing what I am doing but with a little more awareness that the She in me is always there just like the He in me. If I try to restrain the She, she often gets angry and then trouble begins. I think there really is a natural communication outwardly that reflects what is going on in the Gender Department. And, I am sure people notice. Does it bother me? Not at all. Does it bother others? Well, some are bugged by it but most apparently just think it is curious and maybe wonder what goes on in private. Maybe they could ask? But they are just as "afraid" of asking as I am of revealing without there being an inquiry first.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    All the time

Several times when at a doctors and asked to remove my shoes and socks. My toe nails are always painted. Was in a terrible accident three weeks ago and several doctors and nurses are now informed

Not in mannerisms, no. Been caught watching GGs wearing skimpy or unflattering outfits, bad makeup (IMHO) or giving clothing advice that was particularly 'odd' from a guy. Looking back I think I played it off fairly well but, I'm sure one or two GGs knew what was going.

seems like I do with out noticing what I am doing
    catch myself standing in line legs and feet together,arms close in
    sitting legs and feet together taking up a small space.
    I really have to watch how I am walking.
    I think my wife is watching me more now on how I do sit on the couch legs folded up by my butt lol
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Aspiring Member
    When buttoning up a shirt I have to check which side the buttons are on as it's no longer automatic that they'll be just the one way round.

Yes very often.
    Part Time Girl

When I was a teenager my friends commented on my feminine mannerisms. I was terrified and tried hard to squelch it after that. I succeeded, at least for a while...

My friends noticed that I shave my legs. They don't say anything, but I know they know.

I've had that recently myself, I recently started using an epilator and its taken a lot longer to grow back, I’d forgotten about my legs and I did get a few funny looks.

Yes, my dressing comes through, even to a point I talk femme and my son corrects me. He says.. "Dad, you talk like a girl".

I fell on an icy sidewalk a few days ago, landing on my hip and knee and hurting my ankle as well. I decided to go to emergency as I feared I may have broken a bone. The first thing the triage nurse did was remove my boot and sock. Her, and every other nurse and doctor who looked at me checked out my foot but not one blinked or mentioned my lovely toe nail polish. On one hand I was impressed that they couldn't care less. On the other, I thought I did a really nice job on them and was sad I didn't receive a compliment.

I'm sure this has happened to many girls on here.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Being on the farm a lot I always wear my boots out there, rattle snakes n grass burrs and other bushes that love to grab you or prick you. I have one set of boots that were my horse riding boots before we sold the horses. I was wearing them in the mall and I wasn't really thinking about walking but my wife said something about me to stop walking like I had my heels on. She said I threw my feet forward like I was wearing six inch heels. I have a couple pair of tall heels and I do walk that way in. I tend to put the ball of of foot down first then the heels. That's has only come from playing in the tall heels.

If I get a pimple, I use concealer to cover it. One day, apparently I didn't blend it well enough and one of my co-workers seemed to noticed. He was probably wondering why a guy would own make-up.

Occasionally, yes. I wear panties and thigh highs every day. On weekends, I often have an “I dont care” attitude so I use a touch of make up, bra, (my a cup, underwire), clear nail polish, a flit of perfume, etc. if I go out, I’m sure some, especially women, who don’t miss much, have noticed, but, so far, a few smiles, but nothing said.

A dermatologist once asked me to drop my pants -- which I did not expect!! I did, tho I was wearing purple satin panties. The male doctor and the two female nurses did not comment. But I declined to take off my shoes and socks -- I had pink polish on my toenails, and that was too much at that point. Would do it now, tho!

I was once at a drag show, wearing a brawl and that has underneath my man clothes and win the star came and song behind me and put her hands on my shoulders she started playing with my bra strap , she laying down and asked if it was OK to talk about it and I said sure boy did they have fun with that all night and I loved it

A few times.

Before I came out a coworker put his arm next to mine. Like I know, I have no hair on my body.

At work I'm up and down ladders a lot , after work I'm in heels most of the time. One day at work I caught myself walking on my tip toe's.

I took my landlord out to dinner. I didn't have time or feel like putting on make-up and a bra. I pulled on skinny jeans, tshirt, ankle boots, I have long hair. They totally treated me as a woman.

At a VA hospital appointment for PTSD psych she commented about a mark on my left arm. She called dermatology and asked if I would like them to look at it. I said sure, I was thinking that they didn't need me to strip to check my arm.
    The dermatologist asked me to strip. I said that the mark is on my arm. Nurse said yes but we nee to check you top to bottom. Figured I had better own it
    I took my pants down, took off my outer and t-shirts. The nurse asked if my panties were Hanes. I said yes. I was asked to remove my bra. Dr commented that I had gynecomastia and informed me that he could remove my breasts with surgery. I sternly said NO. He just went on with the exam.
    I was in a straight bar getting along well with a frisky lady. She ran her hand up my panties leg and gasped You're wearing pantyhose.
    Coffee maker at home broke one morning. I threw on a pair of jeans over my pantyhose and a pair of sandals. I was in line at the coffee shop, a guy behind me yells Are you wearing nylons. I turned and said No they're pantyhose.
    There are others but I don't want to bore any one.