Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Discussion!

New Discussion!

Daughter and I were talking! Me going out as Lana Mae came up! She said it is OK to go out as Lana Mae and I can dress in the house and go out and tell her good bye and walk right past her dressed but not hang around the house all day dressed, because I am still daddy! ( one of the longest run on sentences in history!) Do I smell new found freedom? Sounds good to me! Then there is the neighbors! Oh, well one hurdle at a time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Sounds like some significant progress.

Is it your house or hers? If yours, your rules and if your daughter can't handle it, as the saying goes, "Don't let it hit you on the way out".
    Jon

Probably your daughter is accepting but really you are still her daddy, daughters are special and they always love their daddy's. They consider themselves always Daddies little girl.

Honestly, who cares what the neighbours think lol. That sounds like some great news Lana Mae! Congratulations. My SO just gave me permission to go out for the first time too so I kinda know how you feel.

Kim-Great progress!
    Joni-It is my house and my rules and she is very accepting! I respect her and will not force the issue! I do however respect your opinion!
    Jaylyn-Yes, she is daddy's little girl despite being 36! She carries many of daddy's traits!
    Kas-Yes I know they are just neighbors!
    Thanks for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    When my daughter discovered that I crossdressed, she was very accepting. But she told me that she would never be interested in seeing me dressed, or to see photos of me dressed. I told her, "That's great - because I don't want you to see me dressed either!" She moved out years ago, but I still recall how we laughed about that....
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You know its great that she accepts her Dad and knows there is nothing to worry about she still has her Dad.

As much as they will always be our little girls, we will always be there daddy's. I love the fact that you are both communicating and that huge. Thanks for sharing, proof that there could be a pot at the end of that rainbow.

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    Small steps in the right direction . OK you value and respect your daughter and she's passing the benefits on to you, I'm sure you'll get there , she knows it's still you and just has to get use to you looking a little different .

When I move on to my new home my daughter is OK about me dressing when she calls despite not seeing me and her husband feels the same way, we will have to watch how my 5 year old granddaughter takes it as she's mildly autistic and hasn't gained all her speech back yet . As for neighbours well I will be asking the neighbourhood if they wish to attend my painting group which I intend to run as Teresa .

Piora-I had a transformation done with many pictures taken on the camera my daughter bought me! Yes she wanted to see them all!
    Tracii-Yes and this makes me very happy!
    Maria-Yes there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and good communication will usually get you there!
    Teresa-Go for it,hon!
    Thanks for sharing your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I'm in the my house my rules camp. My 27 year old son lives with me and he has no problem with my crossdressing and if he did it wouldn't make any difference to me. He invites friends over and I don't change my clothes, I am what I am, don't like it? Leave.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae, I would never want to lose that very special Father & Daughter relationship between my two (48 & 50year old daughters
    although I am not out to them.

What you have there is something so very special between the both of you, Just don't ever overwhelm her with Lana Mae,
    the whole program is something that you totally control.>Orchid..:...
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If you go out as Lana how do the neighbors not know? You have an open discussion but it seems the two of you are at loggerheads, keep the lines of communication open or be the "daddy" and put your foot down.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

That is great that you have a good relation with your daughter. I know my daughter would not accept me.
    Part Time Girl

Lana Mae, that's great news, minus the grammar issues.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Patience always pays off in the long run, so pleased its working out for you, but at the end of the day it is your house so if you want to spend the day at home dressed and have an inside Lana day what is stopping you?, just do it, after all it is your house, just be you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

It is so nice that your daughter is so accepting. I am not sure if my daughter knows of my CDing, but I would not let her see me dressed regardless. She does not live at my house so I do not have to "lay down the law".

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Lana Mae great news great progress congratulations darling. Quick question though to piggy back on this thread,why do we need to get permission from other woman (i.e.wife,SO,daughters)to dress how we feel happy? I understand kids around nosy neighbors, this is a no brainer. I dress but in no way want to force my femme side on no one. I'm closeted and when I come out and or if my SO finds out I will not let her dictate when I could dress , I'll respect our home and plus we have little ones, so I will dress elsewhere not at home.

The other day I was talking with my son and his fiancee about their upcoming wedding and he asked, "Should I call you Pat instead of Dad when we're in a crowd?" And before I could even speak, a huge tear rolled down my face and I told him "It would break my heart if you ever did that. I will never willingly give up that title." Earlier in the year, at the engagement party, I overheard someone say of me, "She's the Father of the Groom." And I'm totally OK with that.

My girlfriend is TS and she's the same way with her daughter. They celebrate Father's Day and she (daughter) often calls her (Father) Dad.

You earned that title.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    Pat,

If you put all those permutations into the game of " Guess Who," it could make for some very interesting questions !!

That must have been a very touching moment when your son asked that , how many hard fought years has it taken to hear achieve that moment of recognition ?

Great progress. Enjoy the added freedom

Hi Lana Mae,

I'm pleased for you that you are getting increasingly more acceptance from your daughter! .

I do not have children, and I am not married. Therefore, negotiating relationships is not something that I am well versed in. However, my instincts align with the views of Bobbi.

I have concerns about the "laying down the law" approach in such an important relationship, especially as your daughter is a full adult, but you have heard from members here for whom it works. However, I have also heard a lot about "baby steps", and they seem to have a proven track record in many situations. So, in a similar vein to what Bobbi said about being patient, I would think to start with what is comfortable for both of you and then try to progress it with baby steps from there.

But then, I don't have children.

I hope for the best for you, and I hope it all works out.

- Lydianne.

I'm not coming out to my neighbors. If I do I might as well come out to my family and everyone else I know! And in Lana's case, doing so may cause her embarrassment and maybe worse depending on her age.

good to hear your daughter is cool with Lana, Lana.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Peel that onion back a layer at a time. We evolve as we go down this path and that certainly is a big step. Very happy for you!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.