Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of woman would you be...? (A GG asking)

What kind of woman would you be...? (A GG asking)

Good Afternoon All,

I am so very guilty of reading without posting, or sometimes not even logging in (lurking?) and reading through many, many threads. But I love reading through your posts and kind of going behind the curtain, so to speak, so I hope that's alright?

I thought of something fun to ask my own loving CDer and thought, for fun, I would pose the question here as well;

If you could be from another time or place, as a female, what type of woman would you be?

To clarify, I don't mean specifically (Marilyn Monroe, Trieu Thi Trinh, Joan of Ark, Mother Teresa, Queen Victoria, etc.), I know there was a thread similar to that. I mean what Era? Where in the world? What kind of woman would you be???

Have you thought of being a 60's housewife in North America? a Geisha in the 30's-40's? A Queen or a Revolutionary in Europe in the 1400's or a simple peasant girl or maid? Powerful? Submissive? Rich? Poor? I could go on and on...

All over the world and throughout the years (decades) women have set the stage for themselves, their looks, their mannerisms, their speech, (yes, I know, men had a say in these things as well at times, I am not beyond naivety), and as a female I know this is something we think about and wondered if you all do as well?

Care to share?

Thank you,
    g

I would be a compassion and understanding female. I like music and writing that has come from both sides of my brain open. It gave me creative process. I would be a strong female. I am sure that many of you are very strong mentally. I would have good manners and be involved in the arts and possibly politics. But alas I am older now and hope I have grace as well.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Well I would like to be an intelligent woman like Ada Lovelace or Heady Lamar. But knowing me I would really be more like the character Lindsey on Your The Worst.

A modern girl next door just living her life! Nothing special just being the female part of me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

For me its the modern working women, after all thats what I seem to recreate

I lived Happy Days before they even thought of the show.

Definitely lived a sixties teenage life.

But then we all got older, found new friends, got married, had children.....

Times and circumstances changed and the past was sadly left behind.

Today?

I just blend in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I just want to be like a regular girl my age.

Good question. I would want to be feminine, consistent,with my age --62, kind and empathic. The 60's housewives look would be something to consider.

Well I would want to be able to wear stockings, garters and dresses most of the time so I guess the 60's would be a good place to start.

Lolita Girl
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.

I would be the same person on the inside that I am today. I could not be sure that I would have the same successes professionally and financially that I have had in my male life for obvious reasons that most women can describe much better than I ever could. I would be lucky and grow into womanhood from childhood and my teen years, enjoying the ride. I would definitely be good looking because I have a lot of good features and have always looked younger than my actual age. I would dress similar to the styles that all my girlfriends and ex-wife and daughter and daughter-in-law do. I would still be outgoing, smile a lot and have a good time. I would probably be better at being present in conversations, in the moment, because most women do naturally and that is what I struggle with today, may be ADD. Hopefully, I would be able to maintain my small body and not have to fight weight issues as so many women do. In other words, I would like myself in that scenario as much as I like myself today.

I think that I'd like what I perceive to be a simpler time yet be the birth of feminism and would like to be a young adult during the 50's and 60's. I think being a flight attendant during these times would have offered a young lady a wide open world to experience as well as the best fashions, IMO.

I would love to be the woman I would have been if I had been born a woman. I would be essentially the same person as I am now, but with a female body.
    Please call me Lisa!

littleg2 I miss your comments
    I would be for the 60's myself. The dresses where nice and sexy

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Conservative lady next door that doesn't bother any neighbors but loves to chat with them.

I would be a woman with a career, preferably a nurse .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    So far, as a dresser I've been most of those women, Little, and dozens, if not hundreds more!

I spend too much time and effort planning who I'll be next to dream about impossible things!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'd love to be a writer or poet but, built like Ashley Graham or Christina Hendricks.

I like today's times for the most part and love my profession as a software engineer, so I don't think I would change the timeframe at all. I know that when I was in college that very few women pursued this line of work, so it would have been interesting to be on the bleeding edge as a woman. I hope that if I had been born a girl that I would have stumbled upon my current career.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Sixties housewife. June Cleaver. House dress, heels and pearls. Afternoon martini and cigs. Dead at 52 but happy.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I like to think of myself as a real estate lady, reasonably stylish and drive a really nice car.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

For me I would want to be from right where I am, the SE. Then about 8years older so I would get to enjoy the mid 60's as a teen. And turn out to be a lady much like my wife but older and more experienced. And like her keeping my style with the long hair! And dress more like a business oriented professional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I'd want to be a modern woman, free to be who I want to be an equal not a subordinate 40's or 50 woman. Besides the 60s I think today's fashions are pretty cool and you can always do a little retro when in the mood.

Good question...I would definitely want to be a woman of today, I think woman have never had it better in terms of equality freedom etc... I am not saying the world is perfect or that we have gender equality BUT its better than its ever been. The modern woman has more career choices more opportunities more freedom and more options in terms of how they live/work/dress etc than anytime before.. sign me up PLEASE!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Honestly, I would just be an attractive brunette with real-world problems.