Thread: Advice from a police officer

Advice from a police officer

So I attended a tg support group for the first time this week. There was a local police officer sitting in just to meet us. Very nice person. Respectful. She listened to our stories and asked some questions. Someone asked her what to do if we are stopped by police while en femme and our drivers licence says one thing about our gender and our appearance is tells a different story. Her advice is to simply tell the truth and not challenge the officer or otherwise act in a way that triggers an escalation. More on the meeting itself later.

At least she didn’t tell you to prepare for the “Breathalyzer” test

Had two of those a couple of months and many States in between. The police acted as professionals and I acted like a mature man in a dress (very worried). Fortunately, I passed both easily.

Good advice from the Officer, in fact, telling the truth to Law Enforcement when stopped is always the way to go.

@ AllieSF: I don't think that's the kind of 'breathalyzer' Ilene was referring to...........
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I think that is the only way to go as most professionals in law enforcement, medical professionals and others In authority have had training in how to treat people no matter how they are dressed. Usually if you respect them they'll respect your rights also.
    I'd like to hear more about meeting Fiona. Thanks for sharing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We had had police come in and chat and they said the same thing pretty much.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    As long as you're not doing anything illegal what is there to worry about? as far as I know it's not against the law to crossdress. that being said, some cops just like to mess with people, they get off on the power trip. I have seen it in action and been the recipient of their arrogance .

Unless the truth is your a cross dressing bank robber then keep your mouth shut and ask for a lawyer. Pretty much that goes for any interaction with police, that and be polite and do as they ask and you should come out ahead no matter what.

Got a speeding ticket while dressed. Despite the fact that I was not happy about it, it was a complete nonissue. I was referred to as sir (and that's what my license says), treated respectfully throughout. Every one is different, but that was my direct (and expensive) experience.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Hell-o Fiona,
    So it's a nobody move, and nobody gets hurt kinda thing?

Sure you're gonna be a nervous wreck being stopped
    while dressed, but HELL !, I've been nervous each and every
    time I've been pulled over! (Not that I'm being stopped on a
    regular basis or anything. Honestly!)
    That said...I've never been pulled over while dressed.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've told this story before. I was stopped by a police officer and his identically uniformed female partner. When asked if I didn't think it was a little odd to be wearing a dress I quipfully replied,
    "It appears that I'm not the only one crossdressing here."
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

UGH that would be annoying ruin my lipstick on a breathalyzer.

@Carla now THAT is hillarious
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.

My thought would be to say "I'm on my way to or on my way from a TG support group." that would be the truth because that's usually when I'm out driving.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

It's no big deal. I've been pulled over. My tail lights were out. He was very professional and nice. He let me drive down the road a couple miles to a station where there was better lighting. There I was able to find and fix the problem kinda, just moved the switch and they came on. No longer have that car.

All my interactions with the police whether I'm expressing female or in andro has been very educational ...for them and very few are for traffic violations.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

She's right on the point. That is exactly what I would do any have already done twice when stopped by the police. Just relling who you are and that you like being dressed as female.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    What other advice could she possibly have given?

At least here in the UK we don't have to worry about them shooting us. Yet.
    I used to have a short attention spa

some cops just like to mess with people, they get off on the power trip
    Yep, there are some of those in every occupation. Just keep everything polite and professional, and they shouldn't have any reason to try to make your life even more miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I've told this story before. I was stopped by a police officer and his identically uniformed female partner. When asked if I didn't think it was a little odd to be wearing a dress I quipfully replied, "It appears that I'm not the only one crossdressing here."
    ^that would be the smart ass answer, and will never be the way to make anyone like you. It just pi**es them off.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Definitely been stopped before at a police road block with my husband while dressed. The police didnt even bat an eye... just asked if we drank... Looked in the car a little bit with his flashlight and that was it. Told us to have a good night... I think as always just be honest... they cant fault you for that...